24th January 2016, 10:46 AM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to enter Income Tax Department after CA completion?

I have done 12th from science stream and now studying CA course. I want to join income tax department after completing my ca course. So please tell me what is the procedure for that?

24th January 2016, 11:52 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to enter Income Tax Department after CA completion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done 12th from science stream and now studying CA course. I want to join income tax department after completing my ca course. So please tell me what is the procedure for that?
You need to complete Graduation or its equivalent qualification to be eligible for Income Tax Officer examination. You need to appear and qualify in the Combined Graduate Level Examination conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC). Since, Chartered Accountant is not considered as a Graduation. So, I suggest you to complete Graduation to be eligible for Combined Graduate Level Examination.

Official website - ssc.nic.in/
25th January 2016, 07:22 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to enter Income Tax Department after CA completion?

To serve in the Income Tax Department you can apply for the post of income tax officer. On the basis of eligibility criteria given below:

Candidate must have done graduation with at least 55% from recognised University.

Age criteria for general is in between 18 to 27 years, to OBC relaxation is given of 3 years, to SC/ ST relaxation of 5 years and to PWD relaxation of 10 years.

Candidate must have nationality of India.

Notification for the application form release in the month of January.
Exam held in the month of April.
Duration of the exam is 2 hours.
13th February 2016, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my b.com degree and now I'm studying CA course. I would like to join income tax department after my completing of CA course. So please tell me what is the procedure?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?