21st September 2013, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

How to get a job in Indian Railway after studying B.e in EEE

Respected sir, i am studying BE(EEE) how to get the job in Indian railway

22nd September 2013, 09:24 AM
Mattyjkk

Default Re: How to get a job in Indian Railway after studying B.e in EEE

Hello dear

Engineering graduates do have a lot of opportunities in Railways and its subsidiaries companies.Every year a lot of vacancy comes in existence in Railways sectors.But you have to clear the R.R.B exam to be eligible for a job.This exam is not tough though but its not easy either.There is huge competition.So you have to be good enough with your basics.

Click image for larger version

Name: Indian-Railways.JPG
Views: 10
Size: 56.7 KB
ID: 8794

First of all I would provide you the list of certain technical departments where Engineering graduates are generally placed.

-->Indian Railways Traffic Post
-->Indian Railways Store Services
-->Indian Railways Mechanical Services
-->Indian Railways Electrical Services
-->Indian Railways Personnel post
--> Indian Railway Account services

SELECTION PROCEDURE
>> Written Test
>> Technical Interview

SYLLABUS FOR WRITTEN TEST
-->General Aptitude
-->General English
-->General Studies, General Knowledge and General Awareness.
-->Technical questions related to your branch

Apart from Indian Railway ,you can also try in many other railway related organizations which do operate their work under the joint partnership of state and central govt.The notification for the vacancies are generally published in "Employment NEWS" so that it could reach mass people. However freshersworld.com also provides enough coverage for such kind of job notifications.So here are the list of other Railway Organizations :

Bharat Wagon and engineering Co.Limited, Indian Railway Finance Corporation Limited, Container Corporation Limited, Locomotive manufacturers of India, Ircon International Limited, Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation Limited, Konkan Railway Corporation Limited, Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Limited, Bharatiya Rail Bijlee Co.Limited,Rail Vikas Nigam Limited, Railtel corporation of India, Diesel Locomotive works etc.

I hope you are almost clear with all your doubts.Anyways best of luck for a bright and healthy Career ahead.

Regards
22nd September 2013, 04:05 PM
kpdasdas

I.E.S. Exam is conducted by U.P.S.C. for the post of Indian Railway of grade-I. You can apply for this exam to get a job in Indian Railway. Notification for this exam will be declare on march-april 2014.
22nd September 2013, 06:33 PM
Mattyjkk

B.E graduates can apply for technical type of jobs in railway department. Candidates should log in to RRB website in order get more information about suitable posts in railways. Available options where in you can apply are section engineer, divisional engineer, TTE, project engineer etc. You can apply for railway jobs if you are less than 30 years. The procedure to get a job in railways consists of written examination. RRB is the specified authority which organized written exam. Candidates must prepare for this exam is a good manner as other selection steps namely P.I can be attended only after clearing written exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?