12th September 2012, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

How to get a Job in Telecom Company being a candidate pursuing M.Tech in Electronics and Communication?

I m pursuing M-tech in electronics and communication,how can i get job in telcomm company?what the basic requirement for that?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I get a job in top telecom companies and core electronics companies?
  2. Job Opportunities for me in Telecom sector being a candidate having completed B.Tech in ECE?
  3. Is the telecom sectors good for me after completing B.Tech in Electronics and communication? Options available apart from Telecom sector/
  4. What training should I take to join in a Telecom Company being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Tech in ECE? Best Training Institutes in India for this?
  5. Which training would be beneficial for B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering student? -- [New]
  6. Which telecom companies offer jobs to Telecom Engineers? What do I have to do for the job in Telecom field? Is there any chanCe of getting a job in a good telecom company?
  7. After pursuing B.E Electronics and Communication which company should I join?
  8. Which Companies I can get Job Opportunities being a candidate of pursuing final year of ECE?
  9. How to become an electronics engineer after passing B.Tech electronics and communication?
  10. What is the eligibility to get a job in NASA? I am pursuing B.E degree in electronics and communication
  11. How can I get the best job in Telecom sector after completing B.Tech in ETC?
  12. List of companies offering internship program to M.Tech(digital electronics and communication system) graduates from JNTU(Hyderabad)?
  13. Can I do internship in core company while pursuing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering?
  14. Which are the exams which I can attempt after completing B.Tech ECE?
  15. B.Tech Student Eligibility for Technical Branch in Indian Air Force IAF -- [Most Discussed]
  16. How can I find freshers jobs for ECE graduate in telecom sector in Kolkata?
  17. Where and when to apply for One month training in Telecom?
  18. How can I work in a Telecom Industry after graduation form B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering?
12th September 2012, 07:50 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get a Job in Telecom Company being a candidate pursuing M.Tech in Electronics and Communication?

The procedure of applying for the job varies from company to company. In private sector, there is no single procedure that every single company adopts to hire a Engineering candidate.

Things are little different in Public Sector Undertakings. There are two telecom companies in the public sector that hire Engineering candidates especially who have degree in Electronics and Communicatin Engineering.

MTNL

BSNL

Although the requirement is graduation course but they also accept post graduate candidates in some cases.

The procedure to apply for job in Public Sector Undertaking is by appearing for the written test. Both companies conduct entrance test for various jobs that are offered. The candidates are selected on the basis on their performance in the entrance exam. The pattern of the exam is written test followed by the Interview.

Eligibility

You must have scored at least 60 percent marks in Engineering course.

Age limit is 21 to 30 years which is relaxed for SC/ST/OBC.

I should also mention that in various cases the GATE score is also very important to get a job. Several Public Sector Undertakings give importance to the GATE score of the candidate when applying for the job.

As far as the private sector is concerned, there are plenty of jobs for ECE thanks to the incredible growth in the Telecom sector of India. Today Telecom is one of the fastest growing sectors of India. There are more mobile users in India than combine population of several western countries.

Some of the companies that offer jobs are:

Bharti Airtel

Vodafone

Idea Cellular

Tata Tele

Reliance Communications

Spice

Aircel

MTS

To get job in these companies you will have to regiser with leading job portals like Monster.com, indiajobs.com etc. These websites would notify you whenever there is a opening in these companies. As far as requirement is concerned. The private companies hire candidates who have secured at least 55 to 65 percent marks in the Engineering,
12th September 2012, 08:34 PM
ravichandran_p

Default Re: How to get a Job in Telecom Company being a candidate pursuing M.Tech in Electronics and Communication?

Hi
There are lot Telecom companies in India some of them are Alcatel-Lucent,ericcson,
Nokia siemens, Cisco,Verizon,ZTE,Tikona,Airtel,BSNL,Juniper Networks.

so to get placed you should be very strong in Basic Networking skills,Operating system concepts and programming like c or c++. These are the basic requirements.
Every company requires at least these basic skills. so be strong with these skills and apply for it.
12th September 2012, 11:57 PM
MOUSE92

dear,

being a candidate of electronic and communication engineer you have a lot of opportunities in both private and government sector

you must have at least 60% in your graduation

in order to get better jobs you have to learn following skills:

communication skills

writing skills

technical skills

you can take jobs in electronics and software field are as:

NOKIA

LG

GE

SONY

IBM

SYNTEL

GENPACT

INFOYSYS

HCL

TATA MOTORS

government jobs in engineering cadets:

DRDO

IOCL

BHEL

BSNL

MTNL

ONGC

SAIL

GAIL

ISRO

ect

good luck
19th August 2013, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

i have passed 12th last year. i want to do sms sending job. than what should i do?
5th November 2013, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

i want to do job at home,as I am doing b.tech also
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?