27th March 2012, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

How to get a seat in good universities after studying B.Tech in Civil Engineering?

At present i am studying b.tech 1st year in civil engineering, i am aiming for doing m.s in good universities. please guide me how to get seat in good universities.

Related Questions:
  1. How to get a seat in OU while studying civil engineering
  2. How to become an engineer in Aeronautical/Civil/Mechatronics?
  3. How to get into Pune University and University of Kerala
  4. Can I get government seat in civil engineering B.Tech course?
  5. List of distance engineering universities in which I can apply after completing diploma in Civil Engineering course?
  6. List of universities which offer MS(Civil Engineering) in Abroad for B.E. 3rd year student? -- [New]
  7. What is the eligibility criteria for civil engineering exam?
  8. Which engineering combination is good for studying engineering in UK? Will I be eligible to go abroad for further studies?
  9. Best institutes for GATE coaching? I am studying B.Tech in Civil Engineering -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Can I get a seat in any university after scoring 152 rank in Civil Engineering?
  11. Can I get seat in best universities of USA having good score in SAT and TOEFL?
  12. How to take M.Tech in Structural Engineering after completing B.Tech in Civil? List of the colleges or universities?
  13. How can I become a good businessman? I am studying civil engineering 1st semester
  14. Best universities offering B.Tech/B.E? Can we do correspondence B.Tech from BITS Pilani?
  15. What is the future scope in Civil Engineering? Best universities providing masters degree in civil engineering
  16. How to do B.Tech after pursuing diploma in civil engineering?
  17. Which are the top 10 B.Tech civil engineering colleges in Hyderabad?
  18. Is it possible to get a seat in Civil/Architecture after securing 62 in B.Tech and 33 in B.Arch in Meghalaya?
5th January 2013, 10:58 PM
Siva mechanical

Default Re: How to get a seat in good universities after studying B.Tech in Civil Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
At present i am studying b.tech 1st year in civil engineering, i am aiming for doing m.s in good universities. please guide me how to get seat in good universities.
hello friend,

*) you better try for U.S universities.

*) to get admission in U.S universities, you should write GRE test

*) to get good universities you should get 300+ score in GRE.

*) the preparation for this exam is very simple. the pattern is general English and basic mathematics only.

all the best for your future.
6th January 2013, 12:12 AM
thriller.singh

Thumbs up Re: How to get a seat in good universities after studying B.Tech in Civil Engineering?

hi,
in order to get a seat for post graduation in institutes like iit, nit, bits-pilani etc. you should appear for GATE examination. this is an all India level entrance examination, conducted for admission to various streams of post-graduation.

the exam is conducted in February of every year and the eligibility is B.tech/B.E. the students in their fourth year of b.tech are also eligible for this exam.

the score card remains valid for a year and is also accepted by several PSUs such as NTPC,BHEL,ONGC,HPCL etc. for shortlisting the candidates for interview.

the syllabus mainly consists of the subjects till the 6th semester of b.tech.

best of luck.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?