27th January 2013, 01:57 AM
Unregistered

How to get a seat in IIT as a mechanical student?

Sir I want to know can industrial and production student can write mechanical gate paper? And will he get same seat in iit which mechanical student.

27th January 2013, 01:39 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to get a seat in IIT as a mechanical student?

Hi
We all know that Admission in IITs is a very herculian task, and if you eant to get into the main or the core branch, the process gets even more tough because the core branches are the favourite of everybody who aims to be an engineer. Therefore, if you want to join the mechanical enginering in IITs, you’ll have to get a rank under 1200, because beyond that there is no place in any IITs which can offer you the mechanical engineering course. Even if you wait for the second counselling, you’ll have to remain in the top 1600.
Gud luck
27th January 2013, 01:52 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

Hi
We all know that Admission in IITs is a very herculian task, and if you eant to get into the main or the core branch, the process gets even more tough because the core branches are the favourite of everybody who aims to be an engineer. Therefore, if you want to join the mechanical enginering in IITs, you’ll have to get a rank under 1200, because beyond that there is no place in any IITs which can offer you the mechanical engineering course. Even if you wait for the second counselling, you’ll have to remain in the top 1600.
Gud luck
27th January 2013, 01:57 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

hi
yes friend there is a provision in GATE that if you belong to mechanical engineering or production and industrial engineering, you can write the GATE exam in any of the field. And the subjects which are available in the M.Tech course are the advance of the subjects which appear in common at the graduation level between mechanical and P&I branch. Therefore, you can give your exam either in mechanical or from production and industrual engineering branch.
Gud luck
27th January 2013, 02:03 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

hi
yes friend there is a provision in GATE that if you belong to mechanical engineering or production and industrial engineering, you can write the GATE exam in any of the field. And the subjects which are available in the M.Tech course are the advance of the subjects which appear in common at the graduation level between mechanical and P&I branch. Therefore, you can give your exam either in mechanical or from production and industrual engineering branch.
Gud luck
5th May 2013, 05:17 PM
Unregistered

will a person studying for normal engg entrance exam find JEE easy?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?