3rd May 2012, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure of IIT for mechanical diploma student?

im a diploma student . i want to apply for IIT. what is the process of IIT for mechanical engineerig diploma student??

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to study in IIT for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  2. How to join IIT after passing diploma engineering in mechanical? Procedure for the same?
  3. In which entrance exam I have to appear to study B.Tech(ME) in IIT being a Diploma student? Procedure to apply?
  4. What is the procedure to take admission in IIT college?
  5. What is the procedure of joining IIT after diploma in Mechanical? -- [New]
  6. Is it possible to pursue degree course in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 10th basis? Eligibility criteria and procedure to get admission?
  7. Can I get a seat in IIT after completion of Diploma in Mechanical?
  8. Is it possible to get seat in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical?
  9. Can diploma student get admission in IIT colleges? Which exams need to be appear and the percentage necessary in diploma?
  10. Procedure to study B.Tech in USA for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering student?
  11. Admission procedure to study B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) in IIT for a Diploma holder?
  12. Is it possible to get admission in IIT after completing 3 years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course?
  13. Detailed procedure to get admission in Mechanical Engineering Diploma course for 12th student?
  14. Mechanical engineering in IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How can a diploma(Mechanical Engineer) graduate take admission(in 2nd year) in IIT colleges?
  16. Is it a right decision to go for PG diploma in Mechanical after completing diploma mechanical?
  17. Can I do IIT after passing diploma in mechanical?
  18. Can I take admission in NIT if I am a student of diploma in mechanical engineering?
4th May 2012, 11:42 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure of IIT for mechanical diploma student?

There is no separate entry procedure in IITs for engineering diploma holders.

As far as IIT is concerned your qualification is a qualification equivalent to 12th only.

You will have to follow the same entry procedure which a 10+2 (PCM) passed student
does follow.

The syllabus of the entrance exam (JEE), would be same as it is for 10+2 passed student
i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of 10+2 level.

If IIT-JEE will be held in 2013 (JEE 2012 has been already conducted) then you would be
eligible for it only if you have completed diploma in 2012 or you are going to complete
diploma in engineering in the year 2013.
If you passed before 2012 then you are not eligible for IIT-JEE.
16th November 2012, 08:45 AM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to apply for IIT-JEE in case of diploma students?
16th November 2012, 06:04 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

It is very difficult to apply in Indian Institute of Technology after completing diploma in Engineering. Unfortunately there isn't any lateral entry scheme in IITs therefore the only way to get admission is through IIT-JEE entrance exam

To be eligible for this exam, candidate must have completed 12th with PCM subjects. However in most cases, diploma is done after 10th standard which makes diploma holders ineligible to appear for the IIT-JEE entrance exam. Therefore I am afraid there isn't any scope for you to take admission in IIT.

Similar is the case for National Institute of Technology. It too won't offer admission through lateral entry. Your best option is you seek admission in state colleges through LEET entrance exam. LEET stands for Lateral Entry Engineering Test. It is conducted for diploma holders to get admission in B.Tech.

You must have scored at least 50/60 percent marks to appear for LEET entrance exam. Many colleges in India reserve some seats for the lateral entry candidates. It is not always necessary to appear for LEET entrance exam. Some colleges also offer admission on merit while some prefer to conduct their own entrance exam.

You should look into these options to get lateral entry in Engineering. There is no procedure at least for now, to get diploma holder admission in the Indian Institute of Technology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?