27th July 2013, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

How to go for maths based course? I am a student in maths

hello..im a student interested in maths....so after my 12th i want to go for a maths based course...so suggest some best courses related to maths and also tell me the jobs which i can get after.....

12th January 2017, 12:03 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to go for maths based course? I am a student in maths

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello..im a student interested in maths....so after my 12th i want to go for a maths based course...so suggest some best courses related to maths and also tell me the jobs which i can get after.....
Mathematics based courses include Bachelor courses in Technology.

However, you can also join Diploma courses in Technology if you wish to join them just after passing 10th standard.

These courses of engineering have specific branches like Computer Science, Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, etc.

To get admission to such courses, you will have to appear for entrance exams like JEE Main, JEE Advanced, BITSAT, UPSEE, COMEDK, MHCET, etc.

After completing your course, you can get jobs into Infosys, L&T, Microsoft, Dell, Ford India, Mahindra and Mahindra, Satyam Computers, and so on. depending on your chosen branch.
13th January 2017, 10:36 AM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to go for maths based course? I am a student in maths

After 10+2 if you choose maths as a prime subject you have a good scope to move ahead.
A maths student must have : good mental maths solving ability, logical reasoning, precise thinking.

Graduation Course related to Maths:
>> B.Sc in maths
>> B.Sc in Acturial science and maths.

Integrated course
>> 4 years B.S in maths and one year M.S program

You can do course from following institute
>> Tata Institute of fundamental research
>> Harish chandra research institute
>> Indian statistical Institute

Job opportunities
<< Bank, Insurance companies
<< IT companies
<< Biotechnology companies
<< Teaching job in various institute
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?