23rd June 2013, 08:54 PM
meetprajapati

How to be a good robotics engineer? I am a 12th passed student

I am meetprajapati
Iam in 12th standard in science stream with maths subject and I want to be a good robotics
engg. what should I do for further studies?? Which collages are best for robotics?? And what should I do after 12th???

27th April 2014, 07:26 PM
BHAWANI SHINES

Smile Re: How to be a good robotics engineer? I am a 12th passed student

hello,
robotics is a fast growing field that has application in diverse industries
it is a field of computer science, mechanical engineer & electrical

eligibility criteria ;- must have cleared 10+2 level with sc. stream
for IIT is compulsory to qualify JEE
duration:- 4 yrs

job prospects :- it is considered as professional career in India
1. research and engineering
2.mining
3. space exploration
4.power plant
and many more areas

best colleges in India:- 1.Ajay ku.Garg Engineering college
2.Indian institute of information technology
3.PSG college of technology
4. university college of engineering
18th June 2017, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to be a good robotics engineer? I am a 12th passed student

Actually I just passed my 10th. And, I am interested in robotics, my wish is to become an robotic engineer. So, can you tell me what's the next step should I take after 10th
8th August 2020, 12:37 PM
deepikapandey9999

Default Re: How to be a good robotics engineer? I am a 12th passed student

You should get experience working on real problems, whether this is through research, internships, or engineering-focused extracurriculars (for example, IEEE has a robotics competition). Make sure your exposure to computer science / engineering tasks during your undergraduate degree is not only through coursework.

Why do you say research is not an option? If it is because you feel you need to spend more time on coursework in order to bring your GPA up and therefore can’t spend time on undergraduate research, okay, maybe I’ll buy that. If you think that nobody will let you do research because of your GPA, you may be mistaken. Find a professor and ask if there’s something you can do to help with his/her research. If the first one says no, try another. It would help if you do a little investigation before you talk to the professors about what their research is and you can talk intelligently about it when you approach them. Then, once a professor agrees to have you help out, follow through and actually contribute to the work. If you cannot afford the time during the semester, try to do something during the summer. This is not likely to be paid work, especially at first, but it will give you experience you can talk about when you’re interviewing for jobs, and the professor you work with may know people in industry with whom he/she could put in a good word for you. With a low GPA, your best bet is probably to talk to professors at your own university for summer research instead of going after competitive programs like the NSF’s Research Experience for Undergraduates, though it’s also possible you could be a visiting researcher at another university, especially if you’re willing to be there for free. If you can’t find anyone doing robotics research, then computer science research is also an option. If your university offers summer classes, you might take some courses to strengthen your background in areas where you’re weak, (to improve your GPA for future semesters), and also do research part time. Just make sure you don’t overcommit yourself (which could result in either the coursework or your research suffering).

My background is in research, but doing relevant internships is also a great way to get real-world experience. If you can’t land your top choice for an internship, try broadening your pool of potential options. Is there a smaller company that may not have a standardized internship application process? Are there people from your robotics team who might help you find an internship (mentors, parents of other students, etc.)? Any family connections? Is there a professor whose class you did well in who might recommend you to someone he/she knows? The goal here is to get past the first filters (which might use your GPA to discard your application because they have so many applicants) and actually get an interview, where you can talk about your robotics team experience and other relevant experiences and skills.

Also, as another answer pointed out, in your second year of a degree, you still have time to improve your GPA. It’s too late for a perfect 4.0 cumulative GPA, but people looking at your transcripts will appreciate an improving trend. Besides, someone who is evaluating whether to employ you in robotics is going to care a lot more about how you did in a higher-level CS class than freshman intro to art history (or most other non-technical classes you may have taken).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?