4th May 2010, 02:39 PM
Amayank05

What will I do after completing 12th with 82%? Which college should I try out?

I am 12th passed student. I got 78% marks in 12th from u.p. board. My pcm percentage is 82% in 12th and 10th both. I want to be an engineer. what will i do. I have not take the exam of iit and aieee. But i take uptu exam in this year.
I which college i should to try my luck.

Related Questions:
  1. What will I do after completing 12th with 82%? Which college should I try out? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Am I eligible to get admission in any college of Delhi University after completing 12th
  3. Can I get admission in College for pursuing Degree course after completing class 12th from NIOS?
  4. How to get admission in best college for B.Com after completing 12th with 76.2%
  5. How can I get admission in College of Military Engineering CME after completing class 12th?
  6. What should I do after completing 12th exam?
  7. After completing 12th in which college can I apply?
  8. Which is the best college for pursuing B.Com along with CA after completing class 12th? Colleges in Manipal or Udupi
  9. How can I get into college after completing 11th and 12th from USA?
  10. Which is the best College in India for pursuing a Career in Finance after completing class 12th? How can I get admission in the College and what is the fee structure? -- [New]
  11. How to get admission in B.Tech in any good college after completing 12th through NIOS?
  12. Procedure of admission in B.Com course in Haryana(Womens College) after completing 12th with 65%?
  13. How can I get admission in PSG College, Hyderabad after completing class 12th 1st year scoring 95% marks?
  14. What should I do after completing 12th? I am a PCM student
  15. Can I pursue Computer Science after completing class 12th with (PCM)? Which college is the best for pursuing Computer Science course in Agra?
  16. Can I pursue career in Architecture from Abroad after completing 12th from India? What is the procedure and which college should I apply for admission?
  17. How can I study in Abroad after completing B.Tech if secured 56% in 12th?
  18. How to learn B.E in evening college after completing 12th standard in Chennai
2nd August 2011, 07:20 AM
sachin200792

Default Re: What will I do after completing 12th with 82%? Which college should I try out?

Congrats, getting 82% in pcm from up board is a nice achievement. If you want to be an engineer and you still have got chance then you should prepare for IIT JEE and AIEEE. If you have missed the chances to get to IIT's then you can prepare for either AIEEE or some other engineering college like BITS, VIT, JAYPEE, etc. If you can get through AIEEE with a good rank then you can opt for NIT's or DTU or NSIT. There are many other private colleges also which take admissions for B.Tech courses on the basis of your AIEEE rank. So you can get admission in any one of those. Good Luck.
2nd August 2011, 07:49 AM

Default Re: What will I do after completing 12th with 82%? Which college should I try out?

HELLO friend if u do your 12th this year nd u want to become an engineer then it is good. if u do not give any exam then u can take admisson onn the managment seat. you directly go to college and ask about the seat. thanks bst of luck
2nd August 2011, 08:56 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi...you have got very good marks in the 12th class becuse 78% in up board examination is an very good marks ,and also you should not use the term trying luck with your future ,if you do well in the uptu examination then you will definately get an good college for admission and hence there is nothing called luck in this case its all your hard work and performance that will count in getting you the college and not the luck factor.
you should have even tried the iitjee and aieee exams because again never you will get an chance to appear for this exam and its always better to give it an try once ,some of the best colleges in up are
1.kamla nehru institute of technology
2.meerut institute of engineering and technology
3.sanjay institute of engineering and management
4.feroz gandhi institute of engineering and technology
5.kanpur institute of technology
6.bundelkhand institute of engineering and technology
7.institute of engineering and rural technology
2nd August 2011, 09:47 AM
prashant.jha39
Member+

hello amayan, you have a very good percentage i think u should have tried for BITS but no probs, just go to the councelling and HBIT is the best college through uptu and try to get a seat in that college
2nd August 2011, 10:39 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

you have very good ,arks and you have decided to go for engineering. then obviously you should go for engineering may be in you state or in any other state in a very good institution.

you have not appeared in AIEEE or IIT only you appeared in UPTU. in this case if you secure a very good rank in UPTU then try to take admission in best engineering institution of UP. try to take admission in a branch in which you have interest and try to choose the college which is the best for that branch and you also you will get chance on that college.

but unfortunately if you are unable to get good rank in UPTU then i think you should try for next year/ during this one year prepare yourself for the engineering entrance examination and in next year appear in IIT JEE,AIEEE and UPTU. if you got chance in IIT then go for that. otherwise through AIEEE try to take admission in the best institution in other state according to your AIEEE rank.

if you are unable to get good institution according to your AIEEE all India rank then try through UPTU. i think you will do good rank in next year than this year if you study hard. but if your rank in this year is good enough then take admission in this year don't loss one year.

best of luck.
2nd August 2011, 10:48 AM
ROHIT1THAKUR

Thumbs up Re: What will I do after completing 12th with 82%? Which college should I try out?

Career in Engineering

If the intricacy of number thrills you, the calculation of physics interests you and experiments of chemistry ignite your mind to create something new, then engineering is the right prospect for you after 10+2.

Engineering is one of the most preferred career options after 10+2. Most of the students having 10+2 degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics opt for engineering as their career option.

Most preferred simply means more rush! So if you have already decided to go for engineering, you need to have stern command over mathematics, physics and chemistry as these are prerequisites to get into engineering college.

In addition to the above requirement, you need to secure 60% marks in 10+2 to get into elite IITs. But if you have not secured 60% marks in intermediate examination, then you need not to worry because we have several options beyond IITs.

Several other competitive exams like AIEEE, DCE, BCECE and various state level competitive examinations are conducted in our country for the engineering aspirants to get admission into B.Tech, B.E, B.Arch courses which are offered by various noted engineering colleges.

If you want to crack the nuts of engineering examination, you need to work hard like swine searching for food in the field, dedication of a lover to his beloved and devotion of a priest. If you are blessed with all these, then engineering is not far away from your grip.

While choosing the engineering as a career the few things that one needs to keep in mind are
Do I have the interest in mathematics, physics and chemistry?
Do I have the thorough understanding of these subjects and will I be able to clear all the engineering papers and complete my course in the prescribed 4 years.

Engineering is a combination of mathematics, science and creativity. This combination has resulted into the solution of several complex problems in our day-to –day life ranging from wheels to aircraft's.

Engineering can also be defined as an art of relating scientific and mathematical principles to make things that benefit people. Engineering is the process of producing a technical product or system to meet a specific need.
Engineers use maths, science, creativity and design to solve problems and improve lives. So it’s very important for you to be a good hand in mathematics and science.
2nd August 2011, 11:04 AM
sanjeev26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amayank05 View Post
I am 12th passed student. I got 78% marks in 12th from u.p. board. My pcm percentage is 82% in 12th and 10th both. I want to be an engineer. what will i do. I have not take the exam of iit and aieee. But i take uptu exam in this year.
I which college i should to try my luck.
As you decided that you want to take engineering as career so you must appear IIT & Aieee & other engineering entrance test. for that you need to get admission in any reputed institute.
2nd August 2011, 11:09 AM
ankitsharma

you have scored very good marks. If u had given UPTU exam then according to your rank you can get college in counselling. There are many good colleges in up. If u cant get through counselling u can directly take admission with ur UPTU rank by contacting particular pvt. college. However you can get admission on the basis of PCM marks on managment seats. Some famous pvt. College of up are :
galgotia institutd of engineering
rd college of engineering
kites institute of engineering and many more.
2nd August 2011, 11:09 AM
saurav9889

friend u have not mention your rank in uptech because admission to most engg. colleges on the basis of uptech rank. since u have not applied for iit or aieee hence u have to consider taking admission only in engg. colleges of up. in my opinion atfirst u should try for govt. colleges since the fees is low like hbti-kanpur,iet-lucknow and mmmec-gorakhpur. also in terms of pvt. engg colleges some of them in noida like galgotia's,jss,kiet-gzb etc. are good engg. colleges.
2nd August 2011, 11:52 AM
arvind_singh
Banned

As you said that you haven't taken any exams so it mean that even you have a very good percentage you can not get admission in the colleges .

As you said that you have taken the UPTU exam so you might get seats in the UPTU colleges but not a good colleges for sure .Might be through management quota You may get seats in good colleges which is 5 % in many colleges .But to get seats through management quota for such a brilliant students is like killing their talent and on the other hand if you want to get seats through management quota you will have to pay a big amount for your seats .And also as you will get the private college so their fees will be more.

So i would suggest you to take a drop prepare for the IIT and AIEEE and might be possible that you get a high score and get admission in the NIT's or the IIT's.You can join any good coaching institute near you and start preparing .Coaching center will help you to guide how to score a good marks in the exam
2nd August 2011, 01:43 PM
rana2011
Banned

Too much good your marks.
Now ,you have decided to go for engineering,then obviously you should go for engineering may be in you state or in any other state in a very good institution.

But to go at engineering you have to appeared in AIEEE or IIT only you appeared in UPTU. in this case if you secure a very good rank in UPTU then try to take admission in best engineering institution of UP.

But,in which branch you will take admission your won interest and choose the college which is the best for that branch and you also you will get chance on that college.

In my idea it will to much better if you got chance in IIT then go for that. otherwise through AIEEE try to take admission in the best institution in other state according to your AIEEE rank OR if you are unable to get good institution according to your AIEEE all India rank then try through UPTU.

Best of luck!
2nd August 2011, 02:15 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
don't worry about your future there is a vast course in any course you can apply .
you have not mention your stream in +2.
if you are a science student then you can go for engineering, medical ,nda , integrated mba, law, etc......
commerce student can go for chattered accountant, c.s , icwai, etc.
arts students can go for integrated mba , law, etc.

if you are not interested for any professional course then you can for graduation line after your +2 .

good luck...
2nd August 2011, 02:28 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

You obtained good marks in your 12th class now you should take admission in engineering or medical which stream you have in your 12th class or in which you have more interest.

For engineering give the entrance exam of IIT-JEE or AIEEE which is to be conducted every year at the national level.
2nd August 2011, 02:45 PM
BEST CAREER
Member+

As you have appeared in the UPTU
exam that means you are intrested in taking admission to beacome an engineer
so if you don not have interestthenyou can choose your field from the following choices :
You can go for BCA and then go foe MCA
you can go for a plaimn graduation
and then do your matsers in the same field and then you can work inindustries such as in the Food industry
You can also pusue a MBA in any field
2nd August 2011, 02:58 PM
sonal kharbikar

now way,i will go to other any state but,i want to go at gargi institute of wine,so tell me what i do this go to feild
2nd August 2011, 03:17 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Your percentage doesnt seems to be too good, but still considering the fact that you are from UP board, i think you are competitive enough to sit for AIEEE & IITJEE, and dont confine yourself to these only , there are other many like BITSAT , VITEE & DCE.

Lets wait for uptu results, i you are getting your desired college then take admission , otherwise i would advise you to go for AIEEE & iitjee , because one year doesnt make any difference after you start earning, and also there is a large difference between teaching in nit or iit than other regional institutes.

One more fact, dont just confine yourself to conventional college or advice, because people just go mindlessly after nit or iit , without knowing the fact there are other many colleges like iits which are equally competitive to nit or iit like IISc, IISt, BIts, DCE, you can try in these also.
IISc and IISt has started Bachelor programs recently only.

Regarding preparation , you can start coaching or you can apply for postal coaching/test series to know the level of competition & then prepare accordingly, after all question comes from NCERT only.

Admission in DTU and IISc will be based on your AIEEE score or NTSE(if you had applied).
2nd August 2011, 04:58 PM
dagamahajan

Firstly if you really want to get admissions this year,i am attaching a useful data which will help you to select college of your choice based on your rank under UPTU.and secondly if you are willing to do hard work with patience and dedication for an year you will be able to crack JEE and AIEEE with ease and then you will be able to have a nice and cheerful future.Moreover if you are not willing to drop for an year,the list which I had attached prove too useful for you.Another way is that if you have a strong economic background,you can also apply through management quota.many good colleges admissions through management quota.So have a nice future ahead.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf btech_cumulative_4yrs_vibgyor_chart_0809.pdf(163.8 KB, 390 views)
2nd August 2011, 05:00 PM
dagamahajan

Attachment 39675..THIS is the attachment..
2nd August 2011, 05:22 PM
subham7772

You have completed your 12th class with a very good marks. Now can go for different stream.

If you are interested in engineering go for B.Tech or if you are want go for other course than you can choose B.Sc, BA,BCA etc.

But according to your marks, I suggest you that you should go for the B.Tech course. For getting admission in a good college, First you have to give the IIT JEE and AIEEE and you have to qualify it.

The forms of these Entrance Examination available in the month of November and December. You can get these form from some of the bank.

For more detail you should go through their official website.

Thank You
3rd August 2011, 01:37 AM
btcs11

hi friend,
you have completed your class 12th with 82% congrats for that
and i appreciate your interest in engineering field.it is always good to do professional courses and engineering field have very nice job opportunities too.
as you have missed to take up your entrance exams AIEEE and IIT-JEE you cannot get seats in colleges all over india. you can get admission in engineering colleges that are in uttar pradesh only.
you can try for seats in colleges affialted to uttar pradesh technical university with your uptu score. depending on your uptu rank you get admiision in one among 637 colleges affliated to uptu
Gud Luck.
3rd August 2011, 09:13 PM
Sehwag6

After completing 12th you have many career options . They are 1)BTECH/BE 2)BBA 3)BCA 4)BSC 5)BCOM 6)BA 7)CA 8)CS 9)BPHARM 10)BED . All are under graduate courses. After that you have two options. They are job or higher studies. Whenever you want you do any one career option. Best of luck
19th August 2011, 07:14 PM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

you have very good ,arks and you have decided to go for engineering. then obviously you should go for engineering or in medical may be in you state or in any other state in a very good institution.

according to your marks, I suggest you that you should go for the B.Tech course. For getting admission in a good college, First you have to give the IIT JEE and AIEEE and UPTU and AIIMS AIPMT and NDA you have to qualify it.
19th August 2011, 09:11 PM
sarang27

you should try to get admission in best colleges in up states which have good faculties and a good enviroment which can promote your future so ta ke all the points granted and take admission in one of the best colleges which have good campus interview and a good recruitment.
26th August 2011, 08:42 PM
fahran

You have completed your 12th class with a very good marks. Now can go for different stream.

If you are interested in engineering go for B.Tech or if you are want go for other course than you can choose B.Sc, BA,BCA etc.

But according to your marks, I suggest you that you should go for the B.Tech course. For getting admission in a good college, First you have to give the IIT JEE and AIEEE and you have to qualify it.

The forms of these Entrance Examination available in the month of November and December. You can get these form from some of the bank.
15th February 2012, 09:57 PM
puchu007

hi...you have got very good marks in the 12th class becuse 78% in up board examination is an very good marks ,and also you should not use the term trying luck with your future ,if you do well in the uptu examination then you will definately get an good college for admission and hence there is nothing called luck in this case its all your hard work and performance that will count in getting you the college and not the luck factor.
you should have even tried the iitjee and aieee exams because again never you will get an chance to appear for this exam and its always better to give it an try once ,some of the best colleges in up are
15th February 2012, 09:58 PM
puchu007

16th February 2012, 12:35 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear
After complete 12th then you go for many lines
Here i indicate then you go for according to your suitable way

After that you go for
Medical line
Engineering line
Pharmacy line
commerce line
arts line

For details i give you one chart you see it:-

Good Luck............
20th June 2012, 01:14 AM
Unregistered

hiii__i have got 80 % in 12th (medical) in HP Board. what should i do now? Please help me i am very tensed because of my career option.
22nd June 2012, 03:31 PM
kavi gopani

hey,
dear friend congrats for 82%.These percentage are really good
You should have given aieee exam and still if you are ready to take drop you can prepare for it and give the exam and get admission into best college according to your marks and rank
But if you do not want to take drop then you can get admission through managment qouta by talking to the college's admission commity directly
ALL THE BEST
6th July 2012, 09:32 AM
ankur bana

hi,
congratulation....nice achievment to get 82% in u.p. board....i hope your future is so bright...my suggestion that you should try in iit , aieee or state level engineering entrance exam....after pass out their exam you can join good government college
21st April 2013, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

i amin class10 i m confused about deciding my career in math or bio what should i do
22nd April 2013, 02:15 AM
The Mask Man
Senior Member+

Well Friend

Congratulation on scoring such a good marks.
well there Are large no. of field you may choose with such a good marks.
I am providin you a chart that will help you to select the best field.'

All The Best

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?