19th June 2011, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

How I can apply for biochemistry after 12th? Which university will be the best for Biochemistry?

I am studying in 12th and have physics, chemistry and biology. I heard a lot that biochemistry is a secure and bright branch for carrier. I want to know if there is any option for biochemistry like mbbs for medical science and bds for being a dentist.
I have little knowledge about how I should apply for biochemistry after 12th and which university will be best for that, so please answer my question if you know the answer.
Thanks in advance

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for GATE Exam in Biochemistry after completion of M.Sc in Biochemistry? Which Books should I refer for Biochemistry to crack this Exam?
  2. Can a candidate of B.Sc in MLT be eligible to apply for M.Sc in Medical Biochemistry? What will be the career scope of M.Sc in Medical Biochemistry?
  3. Am I eligible to do M.Sc Biochemistry after completion of B.Sc Biochemistry? -- [New]
  4. Which is the best course after doing BSc Bio Chemistry
  5. Can I do M.Sc. in Biochemistry after completion of B.Sc.(hons) in Biotechnology? Scope and Top colleges in India for Biochemistry?
  6. MSc. Biochemistry entrance exams and syllabus?
  7. Can I apply for any scholarship having scored GP of 8.55 in 1st semester of B.Sc Biochemistry?
  8. List of colleges for M.Sc. in Clinical Biochemistry?
  9. List of courses to do after B.Sc Biochemistry except M.Sc?
  10. M.Sc in Biochemistry holder can do PhD in Medical Biochemistry?
  11. Detail of universities in India offering M.Sc. Clinical Biochemistry course?
  12. Which course is better for me between M.Sc in Microbiology and M.Sc in Biochemistry having completed B.Sc in Biochemistry?
  13. Details about BSc Biochemistry? What are the government jobs related to Biochemistry? What is the eligibility?
  14. Which one has more scope biochemistry or microbiology? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. What is the scope of doing Ph.D in Bio-chemistry?
  16. What is the scope of Biochemistry?
  17. Procedure to apply for Summer Internship at ISRO for M.Sc Biochemistry student?
  18. M.Sc in Biochemistry is best to do after B.Sc general? Biochemistry will be tough for me?
21st June 2011, 09:52 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How I can apply for biochemistry after 12th? Which university will be the best for Biochemistry?

Having interest in Biochemistry is a good thing. You identified yourself interest and so if you can do hard work on that, you can become expertise in that area.

Bio chemistry is being offered as one of the subject at graduation level. Regarding other subjects you may choose any of the following
-Biotechnology
-Chemistry
-Microbiology
-Botany
-Zoology
-Genetics.

After completing post graduation in Biochemistry, one can join as Bio-chemist.

As you want to join graduation, you can join in any of the institution which is providing good lab facility and experienced faculty.
22nd June 2011, 06:14 AM
dineshpandiyan

Default Re: How I can apply for biochemistry after 12th? Which university will be the best for Biochemistry?

yes, yu ae apply for Bio-chemistry in B.Sc and M.Sc. If you are apply for Bio-technology in engineering. Liat of cooleges provides Bio-chemistry in India areas follows:

Loyola College, Chennai
Address: Sterling Rd, Nungambakkam Chennai- 600034
Phone: 080-28178200
Courses offered: B.Sc.Computer science, Mathematics, Physics, Zoology

St Xaviers College Kolkata
Address: 30 Park Street / 30 mother tereasa soroni Kolkata - 700016
Phone: 080-2255-1207
Courses offered: B.Sc.Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics,

St Xaviers College Mumbai
Address: 5, Mahapalika Marg, Dhobi Talao - 400001
Phone: 022-22620661
Website: www.xaviers.eduCourses offered: B.Sc Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics,

St Xaviers College Ranchi
Address: Purulia Road, . Ranchi Pin - 834001
Phone: 0651-2301301
Courses offered: B.ScPhysics, Chemistry, Mathematics,

St Xaviers College Ahmedabad
Address: Navrangpura, Beside University Ahmedabad- 3800212
Phone: 079-26308057
Courses offered: B.Sc Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics,
8th July 2011, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

wat to do after 12th to get in biochemistre ???
17th July 2011, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

which university best for m.sc biochemistry
19th July 2011, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

i m selected for b.sc hons. biochemistry in amu aligarh ,but i had passed senior secondary level with PCM Can i proceed the course.
29th January 2012, 12:33 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying in 12th and have physics, chemistry and biology. I heard a lot that biochemistry is a secure and bright branch for carrier. I want to know if there is any option for biochemistry like mbbs for medical science and bds for being a dentist.
I have little knowledge about how I should apply for biochemistry after 12th and which university will be best for that, so please answer my question if you know the answer.
Thanks in advance
HI,
TOP COLLEGE FOR BIOCHEMISTRY ARE:-
Loyola College, Chennai

St Xavier's College, Kolkata

St Xaviers College, Ahmedabad

St Stephens College, Delhi

University Enclave, Delhi

St Xavier's College, Mumbai

Madras Christian College (MCC), Chennai

Madras Christian College

Presidency College, Chennai

Presidency College, Kolkata

Fergusson College

Christ College, Bangalore
8th July 2012, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

Originally Posted by Unregistered
Thanks in advance

Hi,
Really if you wanna do biochemistry in UG and PG and if you have a high aim of achieving something(like doing ph.d) in biochemistry field, then am sure that madurai kamaraj university (Madurai) is the best for biochemistry. Although the syllabus is vast there, but u can learn a lot and always ur standard of knowledge will be high. As u r interested in biochem, u wont find that syllabus very tough.cos i myself studied in the colleges affiliated to madurai kamaraj universtiy and scored university ranks in both UG and PG. Cos i handled madras university syllabus wen i worked there for 3 years as a lecturer, comparitively the syllabus is somewhat less. Even my college management people(especially HOD)were really surprised on seeing the papers wat i covered in my UG and PG. By the way,Sorry for a very delayed response. Anyway All the best for you. Hope it will be useful to you!!.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?