20th October 2011, 12:44 AM
subha13-9-1990

How to improve Communication skills, aptitude, verbal, non-verbal skills to get Job in TCS?

i am a average student.i am continuously practice the aptitute but i forget it..and also my communication is not well.i feel very shy and hesitate.i try to read the hindu newspaper but i can't understand nothing..how to improve my communication skills.my dream is join in tcs..how to achive my dream...i have problem in aptitude,verbal,nonverbal,critical reasoning and communication skills then how to get a job from tcs?but my dream is placed in tcs...plz help me...

22nd October 2011, 09:05 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: How to improve Communication skills, aptitude, verbal, non-verbal skills to get Job in TCS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by subha13-9-1990 View Post
i am a average student.i am continuously practice the aptitute but i forget it..and also my communication is not well.i feel very shy and hesitate.i try to read the hindu newspaper but i can't understand nothing..how to improve my communication skills.my dream is join in tcs..how to achive my dream...i have problem in aptitude,verbal,nonverbal,critical reasoning and communication skills then how to get a job from tcs?but my dream is placed in tcs...plz help me...

TIPS TO PREPARE FOR TCS

First of all i want to tell you don't ever loose your HOPE... just keep on practicing the aptitude's even if you forget it.. you might think now what does it make a difference??.. preparing for aptitude is more in practicing it.. for the first time you won't understand what the questions is about then second time you will understand the questions and the third time you will be confident enough to solve it...

-> You might think that it is more easy to say, yes it is easy to say but if you put your hard work then for sure you will end up in some more good companies than TCS......

-> As you know every company follows a different pattern for the aptitude test, first of all you have to find out the pattern of the exam and prepare for it accordingly...

-> There will be total of 35 questions to attend in 1 hr 30 minutes, all you have to do is take some time for each question and try to solve it correctly.. if you feel that you are not sure with the answer then just skip and go for the next one cause time really matters for clearing the aptitude test...

-> There will be 1/3 of negative marking for every wrong answer so attend only the questions which you are sure with the answers...

-> I have attached some of the previous year model papers of TCS in this post for your reference.. just go through it and try to find out the pattern of questions followed and start preparing for those by referring some good books like R.S.Agarwal..

-> Just go through the file which consists of 451 questions of TCS, the format of questions asked for TCS will be more or like the same...

-> About Reading newspaper, yes at start you won't be able to understand anything, when you feel you are not able to understand a word quickly take a dictionary or in your mobile you can check the meaning of the word and try to keep in mind.. this is how you can improve your vocabulary which in turn help you to improve your communication skills....

-> I have attached a e-book which might help you to prepare for facing the interview in this post for your reference.. just go through it if needed...

-> Other way to improve your communication is to converse in English with your friends in college or home when ever it's possible.. At first it will be bad for sure once you start speaking again and again then you can get to know in which part you are not good and improve it accordingly...

-> To give a online mock test for TCS CLICK HERE!!!

-> Try to register yourself in TCS openseesame portal and give the mock test which is there, most of the questions followed in the final exam is more or less the same pattern...

-> To register yourself in TCS openseesame portal CLICK HERE!!!

-> I have also attached some of the other files which might help you for your preparation.. just go through it if needed....

-> Any more queries, feel free to leave a post in our forum..

Quote:
"A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work."
Attached Files
File Type: doc 451 sample Questions(TCS).doc(198.0 KB, 318 views)
File Type: zip TCS.zip(674.9 KB, 216 views)
File Type: zip TCS2.zip(223.8 KB, 157 views)
File Type: pdf Winning The Interview Game Everything You Need To Know To Land The Job.pdf(1.61 MB, 362 views)
File Type: zip GEN. APP.zip(397.3 KB, 194 views)
File Type: zip Technical Interview model questions.zip(783.2 KB, 263 views)
22nd October 2011, 10:38 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to improve Communication skills, aptitude, verbal, non-verbal skills to get Job in TCS?

Hi Dear

In this era most of the competitive exam is based on objective type,in objective type most question is on Reasoning,Aptitude,general awareness .

generally all campus exam mostly all the written exam is based on aptitude,reasoning.

So in this exam most student eliminate in this round,because lack of practice.

So for this criteria:-

*Candidate must practice all the aptitude.
after continuous practice then all is easy

In TCS the exam procedure is

Written
PI

For this interview always you practice the aptitude and practice all the previous question papers of TCS.

Question papers of TCS:-
Attached Files
File Type: doc tcs-paper1.doc(70.0 KB, 251 views)
File Type: doc tcs-paper2.doc(42.0 KB, 175 views)
File Type: doc tcs-paper3.doc(38.0 KB, 161 views)
20th November 2011, 01:05 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to improve Communication skills, aptitude, verbal, non-verbal skills to get Job in TCS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by subha13-9-1990 View Post
Hi,

Your dream is to be join in TCS.. that u can easily do it ... they will not expect good English skills and all, they wants u to express ur thoughts without trouble.. it will come over a period of the time. Please do the following to improve ur communication and aptitude skills.

1. daily read a newspaper about 30 mins (with louder), event u don't understand anything
2. Also daily practice at least an hour with a aptitude chapter and always remember the formula(keep on remember 3 times for a day)

God bless u ... u can surely get a placement in TCS

Thanks,
Ravi.
21st November 2011, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

How should i prepare for E-litmus which will be on 8th january.
7th January 2012, 11:46 AM
suman27
Member+

Tips to improve communication skill -

..Read news papers ,books, magazines .
..Speak in English with the people around you .Speak with those persons regularly who is good in English.Try to speak in English in front of mirror .
..Listen to people when they are speaking in English.Watch news channels .
..Read simple grammar books to improve your grammar .
..you have to wanch engish news, movies.
..Try to find out the meaning of those unknown words..
..Make sentence with those unknown words.

all the best.........
5th October 2012, 05:39 PM
nitin solanki 123

Post Re: How to improve Communication skills, aptitude, verbal, non-verbal skills to get Job in TCS?

English is not a big issue if u will try to speak daily 1 to 2 hour in a day so ofcourse i can improve ur english language and also u read english books, newspaper it will be a helpful for u.
5th December 2012, 06:14 PM
ashis.career

-> As you know every company follows a different pattern for the aptitude test, first of all you have to find out the pattern of the exam and prepare for it accordingly...

-> There will be total of 35 questions to attend in 1 hr 30 minutes, all you have to do is take some time for each question and try to solve it correctly.. if you feel that you are not sure with the answer then just skip and go for the next one cause time really matters for clearing the aptitude test...

-> There will be 1/3 of negative marking for every wrong answer so attend only the questions which you are sure with the answers...

-> I have attached some of the previous year model papers of TCS in this post for your reference.. just go through it and try to find out the pattern of questions followed and start preparing for those by referring some good books like R.S.Agarwal..

-> Just go through the file which consists of 451 questions of TCS, the format of questions asked for TCS will be more or like the same...

-> About Reading newspaper, yes at start you won't be able to understand anything, when you feel you are not able to understand a word quickly take a dictionary or in your mobile you can check the meaning of the word and try to keep in mind.. this is how you can improve your vocabulary which in turn help you to improve your communication skills....

-> I have attached a e-book which might help you to prepare for facing the interview in this post for your reference.. just go through it if needed...

-> Other way to improve your communication is to converse in English with your friends in college or home when ever it's possible.. At first it will be bad for sure once you start speaking again and again then you can get to know in which part you are not good and improve it accordingly...
24th June 2013, 01:21 PM
Winning Spirit

Dear Friend,

* As you, you forget things because you do not practice them well.

* Clearing the TCS interview is really an hard nut to crack.

* So, i would really help you by the techniques that you would have to follow to join to dream concern.

* First of all, what the concerns expect is that the candidate should possess a strong and well mannered communication skills.

* So, first thing is that you will have to work on this. Start reading the time of India as it is much easier to understand compared to the Hindu.

* Always be confident and try to expose yourself to every one.

* Try learning new vocabularies each and every day and start communication in English with your friends.

* Just take a topic and try to speak yourself on that fore at least 10 minutes everyday.

* For aptitude, you will have to practice them to really crack them which is not an easy thing.

* So i would suggest you to go with R.S.Agarwall aptitude book which covers the entire syllabus of the TCS INTERVIEW.

Best wishes :-)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?