27th March 2012, 11:19 PM
Ravi Sudan roy

How to join Air force from sports quota after 12th? What is the requirement?

I m in class 12th in this year .i m also handballer. two times played sgfi.i want to join air force from sports qota after 12th.what is the requirment ?how i know. about this vacent post?

29th March 2012, 10:35 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Air force from sports quota after 12th? What is the requirement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Sudan roy View Post
I m in class 12th in this year .i m also handballer. two times played sgfi.i want to join air force from sports qota after 12th.what is the requirment ?how i know. about this vacent post?
To get admission in Air force then you have to completed your 12th examination with minimum marks from a recognized School or equivalent qualification.After completing 12th examination you have to clear Air force course through NDA.

Selection Procedure of NDA :-
  • Written exam
  • SSB Interview
  • Physical Test

Syllabus of this examination :-
  • Mathematics
  • General ability

NDA means National Defence Academy Examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Twice in a year.The examination will be held on in the month of April/May and Aug/Sept/OCT.

You have to passed your higher secondary level of 10+2 pattern of School education or equivalent qualification from a recognized School or University.To get admission in Air force then you have to completed 12th exam with physics , chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects in the examination.You have to attained the age of 16.5 years and must not have attained the age of 19 years and Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for Air force examination.

Physical Standards :-

More details , Visit the official website :- www.upsc.gov.in
29th March 2012, 03:18 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Air force from sports quota after 12th? What is the requirement?

Hi dear........
AS you are interested to join in Air Force , for this you have to apply for NDA exam , the details information of this exam are as follows....

If you will continue your study & after graduation you want to apply then you can apply in AFCAT directly for the Air force .

For more details visit official website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck........
29th March 2012, 04:51 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,
NDA exam is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year.
NDA exam eligibility criteria:

You should be a citizen of india.

You should be complete 12th standard from any recognised university.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible.

Age limit is 16.5years to 19years.

For further details visit
www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
29th March 2012, 06:08 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

To join Air Force after 12th you have to appear for the NDA entrance exam.

NDA-NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY exam conducted by UPSC twice every year for entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years of age.

As you are interested to join Indian Air Force, you should have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 12th.

There is certain prescribed Physical Fitness test and as you are a sports man Physical Fitness Test will not be a difficult thing for you.

The selection is through written exam followed by personal interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

For more information you may log on to www.upsc.gov.in
29th March 2012, 06:50 PM
Ankur.Sunny

One can join the Indian Air Force in the flying,technical or the ground branches.

To join Air force, you must have to fulfill the eligibility requirements :

• Age requirement : 16 & 1/2 to 19 years.

• Nationality : You must be an Indian.

• Educational Qualification : You should have passed your 10+2 (12th) with Physics and Mathematics. You can also apply during your 10+2.

How to send the application :
You can check the advertisement inviting applications in the leading newspapers. You have to send your application in the mentioned format before the last date of recieving of application.

The selection procedure begins immediately after you send your application forms.
After the checking of application form for eligibility, you will recieve an admit card and a call letter with further instructions.
After that you will have to give the UPSC conducted written tests which is conducted twice a year that is in April & August (NDA)
and April & September (CDSE).

For more information regarding Air Force, you can visit the official website of Indian Airforce by clicking on this link

~Ankur.Sunny
3rd April 2012, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

DEAR SIR\Madam
this is annie obel . i wrote afcat two times , i didnt over come that exam. please help me. i completed my m.com in 2011
3rd July 2012, 11:34 PM
Unregistered

As i am doing my B.E Mechanical engineering 2nd Year . i wish to join in indian Air force. I play volley ball and good athleter in divisional level competition . now i wished to get the job under sports quota, you can test my physical fitness and my better activites in sports
27th March 2013, 09:48 AM
Unregistered

sir,Im passed 10th with 60%& appeared 2 with commerce course.I was also NCC candidate. Im winner of 800m athletic inTamilNadu State thrice & south zonal runnership &appear National twice.Do i have an opportunity of joining in AIR FORCE?
27th March 2013, 03:08 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
There is no sports quota to join Indian air force. If you are best sports students,then you will be physically as well as mentally fit.

Yes you can join Indian Airforce.

You are eligible for it.

There is an entry after 12th class which you can apply for.

The entry is NDA.

Basic eligibility criteria is:

Qualification: 12th passed with Physics and Maths as main subjects

Only unmarried male candidates are allowed

The exam is held twice a year.

Scheme of NDA exam

Subject Duration Maximum Marks
Mathematics 2-½ Hours 300
General 2-½ Hours 600
Ability Test
Total 900
SSB Test/Interview : 900

All the best......................
27th March 2013, 06:12 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

To join Air Force after 12th there are few ways to get into the field.

They are as follows:

You have to appear for the NDA exam or AFCAT exam

As you are having sports quota you have good chances of getting a job soon in the field.

So get prepared good for the written exam and later on you can give the best to join the Indian Air Force.

Thank you,

All the best.
27th March 2013, 06:16 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend,

To join the Indian Air force first you can apply for the NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. This exam conduct by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year.

i.e, NDA-I and NDA-II

NDA has three wings:

Indian Air force

Indian Army

Indian Navy

Eligibility:

The candidate should complete the 12th standard from recognized State Board of India.

Percentage not required for this exam.

PCM subjects required for the Indian Air force and Navy Exams.

The candidate age limit should be between 16.5 to 19 years.

No age relaxation applicable for other categories.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for this exam. Candidate should be citizen of India.

Female candidates are not eligible for this exam.

Candidate should be physically fit for this exam.

Selection Process:

Written Test

Medical Test

SSB Interview

http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
15th June 2013, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

sir im in 12 class now i want to become pilot i had sport quota with 75% above iscore in 12class wt i do next to become a pilot
21st March 2014, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

my self subhash chandra naudiyal.i am playing volleyball..i played 3 national and 1 s.g.f.i from k.v.s .my dream to join indian a.f.s Through sports quota
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?