14th June 2012, 12:12 AM
Unregistered

How to join Indian Army after completing graduation in BCA?

hi my name is arin i completed i m graduation in B.C.A at 2011 so i like indian army

14th June 2012, 07:23 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Indian Army after completing graduation in BCA?

You need to appear for the CDSE exam. You need to clear this exam before you are 24 years old. You will then be eligible to join under the permanent commission. There is also an option to join under the OTA scheme but the service period is only 10 years. Also the age limit is 25 years for the same. There will be an entrance exam for the same too.
14th June 2012, 11:00 AM
sadiora

Thumbs up Re: How to join Indian Army after completing graduation in BCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi my name is arin i completed i m graduation in B.C.A at 2011 so i like indian army
Dear arin,

You join the indian army through upsc.

upsc conduct the CDS exam which is held two times in a year.

through CDS exam you enter the indian army, indian navy, indian air force, and

officer training academy.

age limit is:-

21 to 24 years. there is no relaxation,.
14th June 2012, 11:15 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
After completing graduation You can apply for Indian Army through CDS Exam and NCC Special Entry .

CDS through Indian Army :-

~~You should have a hold their graduate degree with any Stream like Commerce / Science / Arts / Medicine / Engineering ...etc.

~~No minimum marks required and Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply .

~~Age should be between 19 years and 24 ( i.e born not earlier than 2nd July , 1988 and Not later than 1st July , 1994 ) and there is no upper age limits .

~~Final year of graduate degree OR awaiting for the exam results can apply for Indian Army .

CDS Notification was already out and Online Registration was also already Started . Online Application :- www.upsconline.nic.in

Last date for receipt of application on 02/07/12 and the examination will be held on 16/09/12 .

~~Exam Portion of CDS :- General Knowledge , English Language , Mathematics.

NCC Special Entry :-

~~You should have a hold their graduate degree with any Stream of recognized University Or equivalent qualification .

~~You must secure at least 60% aggregate marks in your examination .

~~Compulsory have a NCC Senior Division B certificate .

~~Age should be between 19 years and 25 and there is no upper age limits .

~~Final year of graduate degree with 50% aggregate marks in Last two Semesters OR awaiting for the exam results can apply for Indian Army .
14th June 2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
when the army needs fresers for army training they published their advirtisement at newspepar and internet.that time you can apply.if you have phisics,chemistry,mathametices in 10+2 standerd than you can apply...
14th June 2012, 12:51 PM
kinnarnara

hi,
You can join indian army by applying cds exam after gradution.
CDS exam stands for combined defence service which is conducted by upsc twice in a year.

CDS EXAM ELIGIBLITY;
>a graduation degree from a recognized university.
>age limit 19 to 24 years.
>you must be physically as well as mentally fit.
CDS EXAM PATTERN;

For mhttp://upsc.gov.inore,
14th June 2012, 01:09 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

BCA - BACHELOR OF COMPUTER APPLICATION as you are pursing BCA so after completion of which you can join Indian Army through appearing CDS entrance exam.

UPSC conducts COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE(CDS) entrance exam twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II for entry into Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

In order to join Indian Army of CDS one must be an unmarried Indian male candidate having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 24 years with good Physical fitness.

The selection is through written exam followed by personal interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

As you are interested after completion of Graduation in Computer Application you can apply for CDS in order to join Indian Army.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
14th June 2012, 01:11 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

BCA - BACHELOR OF COMPUTER APPLICATION as you are pursing BCA so after completion of which you can join Indian Army through appearing CDS entrance exam.

UPSC conducts COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE(CDS) entrance exam twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II for entry into Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

In order to join Indian Army of CDS one must be an unmarried Indian male candidate having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 24 years with good Physical fitness.

The selection is through written exam followed by personal interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

As you are interested after completion of Graduation in Computer Application you can apply for CDS in order to join Indian Army.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
14th August 2012, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

hi my name is Chintamani, i would like to know whether the same procedure mentioned above for BCA graduate to apply for INDIAN ARMY for a COMMERCE graduate??
25th August 2012, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

hi i m in my final yr of aeronautical engg .is i m eligible for army becouse i did'nt see the option of aeronautical engg in there online application form. so please suggest me.
31st August 2012, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

Sir ,my name is Mithun.Iam a first year bca student....my aim is to become an army officer after my graduation(my graduation will complete on 2015)....sir what are the preperations that i should take now to crack ssb interview which is going to held on 2015......(iam sure that i can pass cds exam).......so plese guide me to prepare well to pass that interview at first attempt....hopefully ,MITHUN MOHANAN.P....
31st August 2012, 07:30 PM
incredibleshub

Good you have completed your graduation.I appreciate your willingness to join army.

Since you are a graduate you can apply for the CDS exam.This is conducted by UPSC twice a year.

The eligibility criteria:

-your age limit should be between 19-24 years
-you should be a graduate
-unmarried
-nationality Indian
-physically and medically fit
-you should not have any deformity
-height for male-152cms and for female-157cms

Once you clear the CDA exam,you will have to appear for the SSB board and then clear the medical board
After clearing all these you will be given training and come out as an officer in the Indian army with lieutanant rank

Best of luck!!!
31st August 2012, 11:12 PM
archanagalenka

Quote:
hi my name is Chintamani, i would like to know whether the same procedure mentioned above for BCA graduate to apply for INDIAN ARMY for a COMMERCE graduate??
After completing graduation You can apply for Indian Army through CDS Exam and NCC Special Entry .

CDS through Indian Army :-

~~You should have a hold their graduate degree with any Stream like Commerce / Science / Arts / Medicine / Engineering ...etc.

~~No minimum marks required and Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply .

~~Age should be between 19 years and 24 ( i.e born not earlier than 2nd July , 1988 and Not later than 1st July , 1994 ) and there is no upper age limits .

~~Final year of graduate degree OR awaiting for the exam results can apply for Indian Army .

CDS Notification was already out and Online Registration was also already Started . Online Application :- www.upsconline.nic.in

Last date for receipt of application on 02/07/12 and the examination will be held on 16/09/12 .

~~Exam Portion of CDS :- General Knowledge , English Language , Mathematics.

NCC Special Entry :-

~~You should have a hold their graduate degree with any Stream of recognized University Or equivalent qualification .

~~You must secure at least 60% aggregate marks in your examination .

~~Compulsory have a NCC Senior Division B certificate .

~~Age should be between 19 years and 25 and there is no upper age limits .

~~Final year of graduate degree with 50% aggregate marks in Last two Semesters OR awaiting for the exam results can apply for Indian Army
2nd September 2012, 09:09 AM
Unregistered

Minimum marks to qualify cds exam
27th September 2012, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

how to join indian army after completing be?
19th October 2012, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

I am hospitality graduate and i want go in indian army ,my age is now 22 ..and little bit problem in eye sight.it can remove very early.but i would like to know how i will join Indian Army
8th December 2012, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

i'm a 1st year ba jounalism student i want 2 join the indian army
27th December 2012, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

i want to join indian army.. I'am a student of b.com..
8th January 2013, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

SIR
i am student of bca-3 and we joine the indian army
please successed to me
20th February 2013, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

Sir,

i am Ayswarya.G having a Graduation in B.C.A-2011, i would like to join in indian army , please guide me sir.
20th February 2013, 05:00 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Hi,

You can join Indian Army by giving CDS exam after graduation.

CDS – Combined defence Services

UPSC conducts this exam for the joining -

Indian Military Academy
Naval Academy
Officer's Training Academy
Air Force academy

The eligibility criteria for CDS exam are -

Graduation from a recognised university.

Age --

For IMA - 19 years - 24 years

For Naval academy- 19years - 22years

For Officer's Training Academy - 19-25 years

For Air force academy - 19 years - 23 years.

Syllabus of CDS exam –

CDS exam consists of three papers of 100 marks each -

General English – 100 marks

General knowledge – 100 marks

Elementary Maths – 100 marks

Visit www.upsc.gov.in
2nd May 2013, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

hiiiiii I m pradeep.I m pursuing BCA and with this graduation also pursuing a 3 years diploma course in IT securities & ethical hacking from "APPIN SECURITY GROUP". can i join INDIAN ARMY as an officer.suggest me.
30th September 2013, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

sir i m ashish my age is 25 i was camplett my graduation so can i join indian army
12th May 2014, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir i am Pinu i want to join indian army. I am a graduate in arts .........how i will enter in indian army ......plz help me
13th June 2014, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

I completed my graduation in BCA n I want to join in Indian army so how can I apply ???
12th January 2015, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

Hello Sir I am Rajnish Joshi ,I am pursuing BCA from IGNOU & I want to join Indian army so how I can apply .please provide me full information about this .
28th May 2015, 02:14 AM
Unregistered

hello there..
I'm a bsc nursing male student and want to join army..can you please suggest for becoming army officer...? is there any exam for me?
30th June 2023, 10:52 PM
nikhilprecision1
Banned

If you have completed graduation in BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications) and want to join the Indian Army, there are several entry schemes you can consider. Here are a few options:

Combined Defence Services (CDS) Exam: The CDS exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) and is a gateway to join the Indian Army as an officer.

You can appear for the CDS exam, which consists of a written test followed by an interview by the Services Selection Board (SSB). If you clear the exam and subsequent selection process, you can join the Indian Army through the CDS entry.

Technical Entry Scheme (TES): The Technical Entry Scheme is a direct entry scheme for unmarried male candidates who have completed their 10+2 education with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM).

However, some branches of the Indian Army, such as the Corps of Signals, accept candidates with a BCA degree. You can check the official recruitment notifications for specific eligibility criteria and entry requirements.

Short Service Commission (SSC): The Short Service Commission is another option to join the Indian Army after BCA. The SSC is available for various technical and non-technical branches of the Indian Army.

You can apply for the SSC based on your educational qualifications and other eligibility criteria specified in the official recruitment notifications.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?