17th September 2012, 10:04 PM
gopal singh shekhawat

How to join Indian Army as a leutinent?

sir
i want to join indian army as a leftinent.
so you tell me the best coaching list for my top result.
i hope to you that you gave me a good sudggest.
i wait for your answer.

14th June 2015, 10:52 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Indian Army as a leutinent?

In order to become lieutenant, you need to crack the written test and service selection board of the National Defense Academy examination.

Details about NDA exam:

National defense academy examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission twice every year for selection of candidates to the different wings of defense like Indian Army, Navy and Air force.

Eligibility criteria:

>>10+2 passed or appearing candidates from any stream can apply for this exam. For Navy and Airforce, you must have studied physics and mathematics at the 10+2 level.

>>Age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. No upper age relaxation applicable to anyone.

>>You must be unmarried male Indian citizen.

Examination pattern:

It consists of written exam and Service Selection board. Written test has two papers, first paper is of Mathematics and second paper is of General ability test.

Best coaching Institutes for NDA exam preparation:

1. Minerva Academy.

2. Baalnoi Academy.

3. Cavalier India.

4. Pathfinder academy.

For any more details about NDA exam or previous years papers, you can visit the official website of UPSC www.upsc.gov.in.
14th June 2015, 06:00 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Indian Army as a leutinent?

To join Indian Army as a lieutenant you will have to crack its entrance examination which are National Defense Academy ( NDA ) examination or Combined Defense Services ( CDS ) examination according to your qualification.

Both the examinations are conducted twice in a year Union Public Service Commission in two stages which are written examination and service selection board interview held in mentioned order.

For both examinations you must have the nationality of India along with the medical and physical fitness as necessary for the job recruitment.

For NDA examination your age must be within 16.5 years to 19 years where as same for the CDS examination must be within 19 years to 24 years for Indian Army wing.

Also for NDA examination you must have completed your 12th where as for the CDS examination you must have completed your graduation with any stream from a recognized institution for joining Indian Army.

Also for NDA examination you must be unmarried male candidate.

Few of the best institute having good selection rate for preparation of these examinations are Baalnoi Academy, Caliber institute , Minerva academy , Paramount Academy. For more information regarding these coaching you must log on to their official link.

Also for more information and notifications about the upcoming NDA examination or CDS examination log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?