27th September 2012, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

How to join IPS after completing graduation with B.Com(47%)

Sir, i want to join ips. I have comlete my graduation with b.com in 47%. Can i apply it or not? If yes, please give me full information about selection procedure, physical recuirment & upcoming recruitment date.

4th October 2012, 02:44 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to join IPS after completing graduation with B.Com(47%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, i want to join ips. I have comlete my graduation with b.com in 47%. Can i apply it or not? If yes, please give me full information about selection procedure, physical recuirment & upcoming recruitment date.
Yes , your eligible for IPS Examination after Completing your B.com Course , and there is No Minimum Percentage of marks require for this Examination .

So, Please Don't worry your definitely eligible for IPS Examination . But you should Not having any arrears in previous Semester than Only your eligible for IPS Examination .

There is No Issue regarding your Educational Qualification , Apart from the Educational Qualification you may also satisfy the Age Criteria and Physical Standard .

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and this Examination is Conducted by Union Public Service . This Examination is divided into three levels namely ,Preliminary Examination /Main Examination/Interview

Eligibility Criteria for IPS Examination :-

Educational Qualification :-

The Aspirant should Passed in Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized University . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination . There is No Minimum Percentage of marks require for this Examination .

Any discipline candidates are (Commerce/Arts/Science ) eligible to apply for this IPS Examination

Age Criteria :-

==>> For General candidates :- The Applicant age should be Minimum 21 years to Maximum 30 years .
==>> For OBC candidates :- Applicant age should be Minimum 21 years to Maximum 33 years .
==>> For SC/ST candidates :- Applicant age shoud be Minimum 21 years to Maximum 35 years .

~~~ Physical qualification for IPS Examination ~~~~

Height Criteria :-

>> Your Height should be 165cm for Male candidates .
>> Your Height should be 150cm for Female candidates .

Chest Criteria :-

>>Your Chest should be 84cm and they should be able to expand the chest for 5cm for Male Candidate :-
>>Your Chest should be 79cm and they should be able to expand the chest for 5cm for Female Candidates :-

~~ No of attempts ~~

# For General Category Candidates :- 4 Attempts
# For OBC Category Candidates :- 7 Attempts
# SC/ST Category Candidates :- No Attempts

For more details about IPS exam please visit to www.upsc.gov.in
4th October 2012, 05:33 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IPS - INDIAN POLICE SERVICE, to become an IPS office one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year by applying and appearing the same.

To be eligible for IPS Civil Service Exam, one must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with good Physical Fitness.

Apart from this The candidate should meet the minimumprescribed physical requirement such as:-

HEIGHT:-

For General Male-165cm and Female-150cm while SC/ST Male-160cm and Female-145cm

CHEST:-

For Male-85cm while Female-79cm and expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

The selection is through two stages written exam followed by Personal Interview.

CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam, those applying for Civil Service Exam are called for CSAT exam and the candidate selected out of it is called for the Civil Service Main Exam.

The candidate selected from Main Exam is finally selected through Personal Interview to become an IPS officer after a certain training period.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
4th October 2012, 05:52 PM

hi,

INDIAN POLICE SERVICE

Eligibility Criteria for IPS Examination :-

Educational Qualification :-

The Aspirant should Passed in Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized University . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination . There is No Minimum Percentage of marks require for this Examination .

Any discipline candidates are (Commerce/Arts/Science ) eligible to apply for this IPS Examination

Age Criteria :-

==>> For General candidates :- The Applicant age should be Minimum 21 years to Maximum 30 years .
==>> For OBC candidates :- Applicant age should be Minimum 21 years to Maximum 33 years .
==>> For SC/ST candidates :- Applicant age shoud be Minimum 21 years to Maximum 35 years .

~~~ Physical qualification for IPS Examination ~~~~

Height Criteria :-

>> Your Height should be 165cm for Male candidates .
>> Your Height should be 150cm for Female candidates .

Chest Criteria :-

>>Your Chest should be 84cm and they should be able to expand the chest for 5cm for Male Candidate :-
>>Your Chest should be 79cm and they should be able to expand the chest for 5cm for Female Candidates :-

~~ No of attempts ~~

# For General Category Candidates :- 4 Attempts
# For OBC Category Candidates :- 7 Attempts
# SC/ST Category Candidates :- No Attempts
4th October 2012, 06:48 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

IPS - Indian Police Service

In India Several IPS coaching institute are grooming the candidate and are producing successful candidate every year.they impart great presentation skills to the candidates which will be of great use to the candidate ti suceed in spite of the heavy competition

Eligibile criteria:

**You need to be a citizen of India
**You need to complete your UG degree in Any Discipline
**You need to be Physically fit for the IPS

Physical Standards Required for IPS Examination :-

Height :-

For Male candidate :- Your height should be 165 cm

For Female candidate :- Your height should be 150cm

Relaxation will applicable for SC/ST and OBC candidates , Male :- 160cm / Female :- 145cm .

Chest :-

For Male candidates :- 84cm and in Expansion :- + 5cm

For Female candidates :- 79 cm and in Expansion :- +5cm.

Eyesight :-

Your Eyesight should be 6/12 / 6/9 distant vision for worse eye and You should have 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye.

Weight :-

You should be Physically as well as mentally for fit for the IPS Examination You should have capable to run 10kms in 60mins as welll as rope climbing etc.. It denotes that your physically fit .

The Coaching Centre for IPS

**Prabha IAS Academy

**Ujjwal IAS Academy

**Classic IAS Academy

**Vajiram & Ravi Institute for Civil Services

**Shankar IAS Academy

**Vajiram & Ravi Institute for Civil Service Examination

regards.......santhosh..........
24th October 2012, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

Can I do Law course with 47%marks in B.Com at second attempt
24th October 2012, 06:17 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.This exam is conduct through Civil Service Exam .

Those candidate have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.Civil Service Exam not require any percentage marks in Graduation degree.

So any Bachelor degree holder are applicable for IPS Exam .

You have completed your B.Com degree with 47% marks so you are applicable for IPS Exam .

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Selection Procedure for IPS : -

1. Preliminary Exam

2. Mains Exam

3. Interview/Personnel Test

Physical Standard for IPS Exam:-

Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm
Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm

Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye. Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye. High standard for the Co lour-blind test. No inherent night blindness. Vision should stereoscopic.

Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123, age 24 – 124, age 25 –122, age 28 – 124, age 30 –125, age 32 – 126, age 34 – 127.
Ladies should not be pregnant at the time of Medical Test.

Ear- good listening & normal ear cavity. 1000 to 4000 frequency hearing impairment shd not be more than 30 decibels.

Nasal- candidate should not stammer while speaking.

For more in formation regarding IPS Examination visit UPSC official website: http://upsc.gov.in
24th October 2012, 10:15 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
why not , you are definitely eligible to apply for the IPS Examination . Don't worry about the your aggregate marks because they only asking the pass marks . So if you are completed graduate degree with 47% aggregate marks then definitely you are eligible to apply .

To apply for IPS Examination , you must have to possessing the graduate degree in any recognized University and final year candidates may also eligible to apply for this examination but do not have any back papers or arrears in your Previous semester while applying for this examination .

Any education background candidate may apply for this examination .

Eligibility Criteria ::

To become a IPS Officer , you should be graduate degree holder or equivalent qualification from a recognized University and there is no specific percentage bar required for this examination . Those who are studying in the final semester may also eligible to apply .

You must have attained the age of 21 years and must have attained the age of 30 years as on 1st August of the year of examination and Upper age limits is applicable .

To apply for IPS Examination then you must be physically and mentally fit while appearing for this examination .

Minimum Acceptable height is 165 cms for male and 150 for female candidates . And you should have a good physic , eye standards and free from all the diseases .
25th October 2012, 01:46 AM
mahhiads

Hello Friend,

Education Qualification :

Graduation In Any Discipline From Recognized University.

Age Limit :

General : 21 to 30 Years
OBC : 21 to 33 Years
SC/ST : 21 to 35 Years

Selection Process:

1. Preliminary Exam
2. Mains Exam
3. Interview

Physical Qualification :

Height:

Male Candidate : 165cm (In Case Of SC/ST/OBC : 160cm)

Female Candidate : 150cm (In Case Of SC/ST/OBC : 145cm)

Chest:

Male Candidate : 84cm

Female Candidate : 79cm

Note : They Should Be Able To Expand The Chest For 5cm For Male And Female Both

Eye sight:

6/12 Or 6/9 Distant Vision For Worse Eye And 6/6 Or 6/9 Distant Vision For Good Eye. Near Vision For Worse Eye Is J2 And For Good Eye Is J1.

All The Best!!!!!!!!
25th October 2012, 10:00 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You are most definitely eligible for the Indian Police Service Exam. This job is related to law and order in the country. You will be given wide range of responsibilities including bursting drug rackets, smuggling et. At the same time law and order would also be your responsibility.

The Civil Service Examination for IPS is conducted once a year by Union Public Service Commission. The notification is released generally in the months of November and December while the exam takes place next year in May.

Eligibility

1. You should be Indian citizen.

2. Minimum of graduation degree in required.

3. Age limit is 21 to 30 years.

4. Relaxation for OBC is 3 years.

5. There is 5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Phyiscal Requirements

Height

Male: 165 cm (General) and 160 cm (ST)*

Female: 150 cm (General) and 145 cm (ST)*

*This does not include SC and OBC.

Chest

Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm

Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm

Eye Sight

6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye

6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye

You should not be suffering from color blindness or night blindness.

Selection Procedure

1) Preliminary Exam

This exam is conducted in May. It is only qualifying exam to appear for Main Exam which is held later in the year. There are only 2 papers in the preliminary exam.

2) Main Exams

There are 9 papers in the main exams including 4 on the 2 optional subjects that each candidate is required to select. Written test is followed by a Interview.
25th October 2012, 06:59 PM
SAM14U

HELLO DEAR

To become IPS officer, you have to write Civil service exam conducted by UPSC. To apply for this examination, you have to complete your Graduate degree course from a recognised board and your age should between 21 to 30 years, upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

No. Attempt:
General - max. 4
OBC - max. 7.
SC/ST - No limit.

Exam Pattern:
Preliminary Exam.
Main Exam
Interview

Physical Requirement:
Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm
Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm
Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm

All the best

With Regards.....
SAM
27th October 2012, 09:24 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

If you want to join the Indian Police Services , then you have to crack the Civil Services Examination successfully .

This exam is conducted every year by the Union Public Service Commission.

But For appearing the Civil Services Examination , you have to fulfill the below mentioned eligibility criteria which is set by the UPSC :

* You must have completed your graduation from any recognized college/university in any stream.

* Your age should lie in between 21-30 years.

* There is also a relaxation in upper age of 3 years for students belonging to OBC Category and of 5 years for students belonging to SC/ST Category.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
20th November 2013, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

i am doing mcom i want do ips but i am this time zero in gk can i do it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?