6th September 2012, 10:05 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for IPS Exam after completion of Graduation?

can i appear in IPS exam after completing my graduation

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to appear for IPS Exam after completion of Graduation?
  2. Am I eligible for IPS exam if I scored 44% in 12th and 71% in graduation?
  3. How to prepare for IPS Exam? Am I eligible to appear for this Exam after completion of B.Tech course? Which Books should I refer for this Exam?
  4. Am I eligible to apply for IPS exam after graduation if pursuing 12th NIOS? -- [New]
  5. Can I be eligible for IPS after completing graduation in 1 sitting?
  6. Am I eligible for IPS exam after passing my graduation from EILM university
  7. Am I eligible for IPS after graduating with a pass class?
  8. Can I give IPS exam after completion of graduation with B.Com degree?
  9. Required Percentage of Marks in Graduation to apply for IAS and IPS? Which Books to prepare for these Entrance Exams? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Am I eligible for IPS Exam after completion of B.Sc in Nautical Science?
  11. Can I be eligible to take IPS exam after completion of BCA from distance through IGNOU university
  12. Am I eligible for IPS exam after completing my graduation in BCA? I am a student of National Institute of Open Schooling
  13. Can I become IPS Officer after completion of Graduation in Arts stream?
  14. How many years I have to study to become IPS Officer after completion of Graduation?
  15. How to join IPS? I am completed graduation with B.Com with 47%
  16. Am I eligible for PSU exam after completion of graduation in Information Technology?
  17. Am I eligible to give IAS or IPS Exam after completion of Mechanical Engineering course?
  18. Will I be eligible for IPS exam after scoring 42.5% in graduation? Is there any kind of age limit? Syllabus of the exam?
6th September 2012, 12:34 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Talking Re: Am I eligible to appear for IPS Exam after completion of Graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey friend,

Details About IPS:

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and this is a Indian Police Service and for joining in this post you need to write the entrance exam which is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commision) and it is the IPS exam

This exam is conducted every year for candidates to join in for the post of IPS officer.Having asked that whether you are eligible for writing the exam after completed Graduation,yeah it is possible as you are satisfying the needed education qualification needed for the exam.

As per the education qualification framed for the IPS exam it states that the candidate appearing for the exam must have completed a degree from a recognized university with a fair percentage and it can be done in any discipline.Even Final Year degree exam candidate is also eligible to apply.

But by only satisfying the education qualification you cannot be eligible,as you need to satisfy the other criteria's too which is framed for the exam and they are:

>> Nationality

>> Age Limit

>> Physical Standard

Nationality:

~ Candidate appearing for the exam must be a citizen of India

Age Limit:

~ The age limit needed for joining in IPS Exam for General Category candidates is 21-30 years.

~ The candidate of SC/ST category should have 21-35 years and for OBC candidates it is 21-33 years

~ Ex-service men will get a excpetion of 5 years from the prescribed limits

Physical Standard:

If you satisfy all these above mentioned criteria's then you are eligible to apply for the exam.

More Details:

Check at http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST
6th September 2012, 04:23 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for IPS Exam after completion of Graduation?

HI,
IPS EXAM STANDS FOR INDIAN POLICE SERVICE EXAM WHICH IS CONDUCTED BY UPSC.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATION;-
Candidate should have complete graduation degree with any stream from a recognized university.

Age Limit:

Minimum Age: 21 as on 1st August during which they will write Exam.

Maximum Age: 30 for OC, 33 for OBC and 35 for SC.

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

FOR MORE INFORMATION;-
www.upsc.gov.in
6th September 2012, 09:03 PM
MOUSE92

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for IPS Exam after completion of Graduation?

dear,

IPS :INDIAN POLICE SERVICE

AGE LIMIT:

for general:21 tot 27 yrs

for sc/st:21 ot 35 yrs

for obc:21 to 30 yrs

NO. OF ATTEMPTS:

general:4

obc:7

sc/st: no limit

EDUCATION Qualification:

--10th pass

--12th pass from any field

--graduation from any field

exam consist:

--prelim

--main

--interview

to apply online visit:
http://www.upsconline.nic.in

for syllabus see attachment:
Attached Files
File Type: doc syllabus.doc(224.5 KB, 94 views)
8th November 2012, 07:08 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

IPS stands for Indian Police service.IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.This exam is conduct through Civil Service Exam .

Those candidate have completed graduation degree from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

Yes , After completion of your graduation degree you are applicable for IPS Exam.

Your age should be in between 21-30 years for general candidate.Age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.Also you must be citizen of India.

Physical qualifications

Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male
ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm

Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.

Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye. Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye. The correction is by lenses only. High standard for the Colour-blind test. No inherent night blindness. Vision should stereoscopic.

Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123, age 24 – 124, age 25 –122, age 28 – 124, age 30 –125, age 32 – 126, age 34 – 127.

Ear- good listening & normal ear cavity. 1000 to 4000 frequency hearing impairment shd not be more than 30 decibels.

Nasal- candidate should not stammer while speaking.

For more details of IPS Exam , You can visit to http://www.upsc.gov.in
9th November 2012, 08:10 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

IPS Stands for Indian Police Service . If you want to join the Indian Police Service then you have to crack an examination known as the Civil Services Exam.

The Civil Services Exam is conducted every year by the Union Public Service Commission.

Now as you have completed your graduation , then you have fulfilled the educational qualification criteria needed to appear in this exam.

But there are also other eligibility criteria that you do have to fulfill if you really want to appear in the Civil Services Examination.

The Other Criteria that you have to fulfill are :

a) Age Criteria :

* For General Category : 21-30 years.

* For OBC Category : 21-33 years.

* For SC/ST Category : 21-35 years.

b) Nationality :

You must be an Indian Citizen.

c) Physical Standards :

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
18th April 2013, 04:44 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for IPS is Indian Police Services.

If, you have completed your graduation, then definitely, you are eligible for the IPS examination.

The Indian Police Service is one of the three All India Services civil services of the Government of India.

The IPS is not a law enforcement agency; rather it is a civil service in which officers are selected on the basis of professional merit as proven by competitive examinations, and to which all senior police officers are professionally identified.

Police officers are employed by the police departments of respective states of India.

The eligibility criteria required for the IPS examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any stream from any recognized college or university.

* Age limit:- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation:- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contenders.

* Final year contenders are also eligible.

* No. of attempts:- 4 for General, 7 for OBC and no limits for SC/ST contenders.

* Nationality:- Indian.

* Physical eligibility:-

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?