1st July 2013, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

How to join IPS after passing 12th in commerce stream?

i m robin sharma i have done 12 in com sterm . and now i want to join ips plz tell me in which field i have to complete my graduation . in which i have easy away to join ips and my pertage in 12 was 74% . thanx plz tell me to easy to join ips

2nd July 2013, 06:29 AM
Neerajtiwari779

Default Re: How to join IPS after passing 12th in commerce stream?

~~~How to become IPS~~~

In order to become IPS you have to crack its enterence exam conduct by UPSC. But to sit this exam elligbility is as follows.
1 A person must be of Indian national.
3 A person must have graduated with at least 60% marks from any recognised university.

Seets are also reserved for reserved for reserved category as folows.
1 ST- 7.5%
2 SC- 15%
3 OBC- 27%
2nd July 2013, 09:19 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

After 12th one is not eligible to join IPS as the minimum educational qualification for IPS is Graduation Degree.

IPS - Indian Police Service and to become an IPS officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year after Graduation.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good Physical Fitness.

Apart from this the candidate should have possessed minimum prescribed Physical requirement such as:-

HEIGHT:- General/OBC Male-165cm and Female-150cm while SC/ST Male-160cm and Female-145cm.

CHEST:- Male-84cm while Female-79cm expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

So as you are interested for IPS, you should first complete Graduation Degree in order to apply for Civil Service Exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
2nd July 2013, 04:09 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: How to join IPS after passing 12th in commerce stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i m robin sharma i have done 12 in com sterm . and now i want to join ips plz tell me in which field i have to complete my graduation . in which i have easy away to join ips and my pertage in 12 was 74% . thanx plz tell me to easy to join ips

Dear Friend,

Sorry , now you are not eligible for Indian Police Service exam after completing 12th std in commerce stream but after completing your graduation degree then eligible for this exam....

Eligibility and Criteria:

A candidate must have completed their Graduation Study in any Discipline from Recognized Universities are eligible for this exam. Final years student who are waiting for their final result can also apply for it....

Age of candidate should be between 21 to 30 years. Relaxation for OBC provided that is it should be 21 to 33 years...

A candidate can apply maximum 4 attempts for General Candidate. For OBC it is Maximum 7 times. For SC/ST there is No Limit....

A candidate must have Nationality of India...

For More Information you can visit at here: Click Here

All the best.....
2nd July 2013, 06:51 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You can complete graduation in any stream you like. There will be no issue. Only thing to remember is that degree should be valid and must be completed from a recognized college.

There is no degree which will make the selection for Indian Police Service easy for you. As I have mentioned several times earlier, no graduation degree will hold advantage and neither will have disadvantage if applying for the Civil Services Examination.

You will have to study hard to clear the entrance exam. The preparation should be done for period of 8 to 10 months to clear the Civil Services Examination. One should always remember that there are very few seats and over 10 lakh candidates.

Which is why I will suggest that you pick a degree in which you see future. In case you fail to crack the Civil Services Examination, the degree should secure the future.

IPS Criteria

1. The person must have Indian nationality.

2. He should also hold a Bachelor's degree.

3. There is no marks criteria.

4. The lower age should be at least 21 years.

5. Should be under 30 years to apply.

6. The upper age limit is relaxed to 33 years for OBC.

7. Relaxation is 5 years for SC and ST.

Exam Pattern

1. Preliminary Examination

> General Studies

> Optional Subject

2. Main Examination

> English

> Language

> Essay

> General Studies

> General Studies

> Optional Subject 1

> Optional Subject 1

> Optional Subject 2

> Optional Subject 2

3. Personal Interview
2nd July 2013, 11:29 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Bachelor’s degree from any of the recognized University is the qualification required for IPS. Percentage of marks obtained in 12th or graduation is not a criteria. You can select your subject of interest in graduation. Topics on Constitution, Indian polity, general studies, GK, mental ability, English, and social and economic development are asked for the IPS selection test. Candidates should clear physical efficiency test also.
2nd July 2013, 11:30 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Bachelor’s degree from any of the recognized University is the qualification required for IPS. Percentage of marks obtained in 12th or graduation is not a criteria. You can select your subject of interest in graduation. Topics on Constitution, Indian polity, general studies, GK, mental ability, English, and social and economic development are asked for the IPS selection test. Candidates should clear physical efficiency test also.
13th September 2013, 05:18 PM
nishi513

HI FRIEND
## The minimum educational qualification required to apply for IPS EXAMINATION(civil services exam) is graduation in any discipline from recognised institution/university
## SO,first you have to complete Graduation to apply for IPS exam
## Age limit to apply for IPS examination is 21-30 years and the age relaxations are
~>3 years for OBC candidates
~>5 years for SC/ST candidates
## Physical standards required to apply for IPS examination are
~>165 cm height for men and 150 cm height for women & 5 cm height relaxation for SC/ST candidates
~>85 cm chest on expansion for men & there is no such requirement for women
~>Eyesight must be 6/6 or 6/9 in good eye, 6/12 in worst eye for distant vision & 0.6 in good eye, 0.8 in worst eye for near vision
## For further details please visit www.upsc.gov.in

** ALL THE BEST **
13th September 2013, 10:28 PM
SHNSING946

Thumbs up Re: How to join IPS after passing 12th in commerce stream?

Hello Friend,

IPS stands for Indian Police Services for apply this service first condition is you

must have graduate degree in any stream so first complete your degree. UPSC

conducts examination for this service. So after passing mare 10+2 is not fulfil

the criteria for this service so first complete your degree then prepare yourself

for the exam which conducts by UPSC.

Good Luck
14th September 2013, 12:05 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend.........................

IPS Entrance Exam :

Indian Police Service entrance exam is conducted by the union public service commission under the civil services examination every year once.

So, if you want become a IPS officer, then the selection procedure is based on the preliminary examination and main examination and personality/interviews conducted by the UPSC. For attending the IPS officer entrance exams required requirements are given bellow:

Required Requirements :

Required educational qualifications are you must completed the GRADUATION from recognized university and here not required any percentage.

Age limit:-

For Open category:- 21-30 year

For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR

For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 4 attempts

For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

The examination is Conducted in 2 stages :

>> Preliminary examination
>> Main examination

Preliminary examination is Objective and there are 2 papers in this examination and if you have cracked the Preliminary examination then you are eligible for Main examination, main examination is Descriptive and you have to choose the Subjects on the basis of Graduation.
14th September 2013, 05:05 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend if you want to apply IPS exam then first you completed Geaduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.

After passing 12th in commerce stream you are not eligible to apply IPS exam.

Because for apply IPS exam the minimum Education qualification is Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC under Civil Services exam in every year.

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidate should be an Indian citizen.

Candidate should be completed Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.

Age should be between 21 years to 30 years for General category candidates.

Age relaxation for OBC category candidates 3 years

And SC/ST category candidates 5 years.

Number of Attempts:-

General category candidates - 4 time

OBC category Candidates - 7 time

SC/ST category candidates - No limit.

Physical requirement :-

Height: –

Male 165 cm Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm

Female 150 cm Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm

Chest :–

Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.

Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

Eye sight :- 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye.
Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye.

Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123, age 24 – 124, age 25 –122, age 28 – 124, age 30 –125, age 32 – 126, age 34 – 127.

Ear:- good listening & normal ear cavity. 1000 to 4000 frequency hearing impairment should not be more than 30 decibels.

Selection procedure :-

- Preliminary entrance exam

- Main entrance exam

- Interview

For more information you can log on to :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.......
1st April 2015, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

answer:- The B.A.Civil Services is the best degree course for preparation of ips/ias after 12 th.The said course conducted in Gurukul Residential Training college of civil services, Karmad Dist. Aurangabad , Maharashtra state.The said college is affiliated by kavi kulguru kalidas sanskrit university , Ramte. The state govt. university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?