6th January 2011, 04:04 PM
himanshu9

How to join ISRO after B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering? Does the reputation of college matters in the selection?

I am doing B.Tech from Mechanical Engineering from Gyan Vihar University, Jaipur and wish to become a scientest in ISRO. How to proceed further after the completion of the course? I would further like to say that my university is not as reputated as V.I.T. or S.R.M. University. So will it going to create any problem for me at the time of selection procedure?

6th February 2011, 02:12 AM
diego
Banned

Default Re: How to join ISRO after B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering? Does the reputation of college matters in the selection?

well first of all just dont worry about the reputation of university
At such high places as ISRO little things like public perception have no value.
They see what the candidate has to offer you knowledge and Zeal for the profession.
Do not take these jobs as a job/profession... you must desire to serve the country.
There are several kinds of recruitment in Isro however you can apply for Scientist designation... thats where you can really do something.
here is the official isro job pagehttp://www.isro.org/scripts/job.aspx
Also visit ::http://www.freejobalert.com/isro-recruitment/17157/
you can register online to apply to ISRO. on the homesite.
Take a look at ISRO advt. attached with this page
Attached Files
File Type: txt isro.txt(10.6 KB, 150 views)
File Type: txt isro2.txt(8.6 KB, 144 views)
6th February 2011, 04:17 AM
aniyan

Thumbs up Re: How to join ISRO after B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering? Does the reputation of college matters in the selection?

Probably No. Its purely on the basis of the marks you scores in the all india exam they will coduct and the interview therafter. But sometimes panel may find your college reputation for underlining your funda platform. Be good in your stream funda ...all the best for you
6th February 2011, 09:43 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: How to join ISRO after B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering? Does the reputation of college matters in the selection?

hello friend

your wish to become scientist is really appreciable..

i think you're a merit student .inspite due to some reasons you're adjusting in a low reputed university..here i want to mention something.

No organisation or company looks for the student from a high reputed university all they go for those so called top university's because they have a beleif that all the merit students will be in those university's

No its not the fact some of the meritourious guys like you can also be spread out in the vast country like india..

so all you have to do is just go on increase your subject knowledge ..

and one more thing , to prove as a scientist its not at all necessary to work in ISRO or so ...

ISRO or DRDO are jus only plat forms for you...

if you want to make them as your platform for growth its a wise decision...

all you concentrate apart from your college reputation is

show your potential in your university

make some research work

do some amazing things which are not done by many other folks of your university

be unique in your thinking

always aim high

don't let chances go alone ...go with em'

and be updated with local news like the entrance exam notification for ISRO

NASA and so on

regularly follow some career related sites like this

and keep on update your knowledge...

this all may help you to have a vision on your goal..

all the very best

be one of the best scientist

make our india to the top

regards

~aditya~
6th February 2011, 09:56 AM
benz

Default Re: How to join ISRO after B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering? Does the reputation of college matters in the selection?

Dear friend

The selection process of ISRO is carried out in two steps.

Step 1-They give an advertisement as per there requirement.This advertisement means a job opportunity for you.There is some eligibility criteria for different degree holders like %GE of marks and age limit.So on the basis of this they do the initial screening.You can find the opportunities in the following web page that is-

http://www.isro.org/scripts/job.aspx

Step 2- After initial screening they call for interview.Based on your credentials they take or leave you.

So in nut shell your college matters a bit but not totally.If you are having sound knowledge you can be selected.

I am attaching a recent advertisement of ISRO that contains eligibility criteria and many useful things you can go through.

Thank you
Attached Files
File Type: docx ISRO ADVERTISEMENT.docx(22.3 KB, 139 views)
6th February 2011, 11:55 AM
manickaprabu

hey man the educational institute is not a big problem at all and the percentage also. You can not became a scientist after the undergraduate completion.After finishing the degree you can approach the ISRO for the internships and projects.
6th February 2011, 02:38 PM
karthikeyan 666

ISRO conducts test for post of scientist in A,B,C,D,E grade for B.E students every year at the month of september to october. so you can apply through this test and get in to ISRO as scientist.
ALL THE BEST
6th February 2011, 04:12 PM
vijaymohit92
Member+

yes you can become a scientist in ISRO & colleges does not affect much but your percentage & communication skill should be good
6th February 2011, 05:07 PM
drkpp
Senior Member+

ISRO [Indian Space Research Organization] periodically advertises for anticipated vacancies as per their need. The eligibility criterion is a graduate degree in concerned discipline. Based on Bio-Data, initial screening is done and short listed candidates are called for interview. Based on performance in interview, candidates are finalized for the posts.
6th February 2011, 07:53 PM
lavanya chalamchala

hi himanshu. the college reputation will not work. they will announce through the newspapers and through their website. you have to frequently check the website of isro. you wil definetly get the job in that.all the best
6th February 2011, 08:28 PM
Saikiran M

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu9 View Post
I am doing B.Tech from Mechanical Engineering from Gyan Vihar University, Jaipur and wish to become a scientist in ISRO.
Becoming a scientist that too in a space research centre is not really a one step approach. you have to go through a vibrant mile of science. you have to work really hard. you have to study much deep in subjects of its concern(& close to your interest as well).
Quote:
How to proceed further after the completion of the course?
Essentially, you have to get done with your masters. further, start your career into research with any reputed university or where you have a basic scope of development. you can also start working with defence research as a junior scientist. Both the ways are equally beneficial for your goal.

As you grow your reputation as scientist with remarkable work or inventions, you can then add all this in your profile and apply as a junior scientist in ISRO.

Quote:
I would further like to say that my university is not as reputated as V.I.T. or S.R.M. University. So will it going to create any problem for me at the time of selection procedure?
Its not really a problem. A good university is only a added benefit for any individual as in this matter. Its not like, if you are from a poor background, you will not be entertained. This kind of philosophy is only followed by private sector. But remember at the end of the day, your hard work pays off. So, Don't be in this wrong intention. Good Luck. May god bless you.
6th February 2011, 11:30 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

to join ISRO master minimum of master degree is required. also some post are available for B.Tech student. but to be ISRO scientist master degree is minimum requirement. P.Hd is preferable more.

the notification to join in ISRO come in the leading newspaper and in the website http://www.isro.gov.in you have to apply for the ISRO examination according to the notification. online submission of application also possible.

but now you have to do master degree if you really want to become ISRO scientist.

institution will not create any problem for selection for ISRO scientist. for every government job institution does not matter. only government recognition is sufficient to appear in the examination. in private sector job always students from good institution are preferable. but there also if you have talent then you will be go far even you may belongs to not a reputed institution.

best wishes.
6th February 2011, 11:43 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Cool Re: How to join ISRO after B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering? Does the reputation of college matters in the selection?

Quote:
I am doing B.Tech from Mechanical Engineering from Gyan Vihar University, Jaipur and wish to become a scientest in ISRO. How to proceed further after the completion of the course? I would further like to say that my university is not as reputated as V.I.T. or S.R.M. University. So will it going to create any problem for me at the time of selection procedure?
yes you can join ISRO as a scientist but only after completing your master's degree i.e. only after doing m.tech in mechanical engineering. ISRO conducts an exam every year to recruit scientists. the notification of the exam will be available on their official website
www.isro.gov.in
7th February 2011, 06:05 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hello friend..
at first you have to do m.tech or ME for becoming an scientist in ISRO.
so do it first....
as per your Question, it is no matter what the University is.
but it must be affiliated by the government..........
so unreputed doesn't matters, originality matters instead.
so get focused to achieve your goal and get started with your hard work.
best of luck........
20th February 2011, 01:20 PM
bikenindia

Quote:
hi,

Your wish can be true. There is no problem of what you think. They don't recruit students after seeing from institution or university.
Every year, ISRO conducts an exam for engineering students... If you are eligible (55% and above), then you can write this exam. If you score well then your wish can be true.
Here I have attached a file which consist of syllabus for ISRO exam for mechanical courses. It may help you to prepare for this exam.

Thanks...
Attached Files
File Type: docx syllabus.docx(14.6 KB, 103 views)
3rd March 2011, 03:28 PM
vallikrishnaveni

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikenindia View Post
hi,

Your wish can be true. There is no problem of what you think. They don't recruit students after seeing from institution or university.
Every year, ISRO conducts an exam for engineering students... If you are eligible (55% and above), then you can write this exam. If you score well then your wish can be true.
Here I have attached a file which consist of syllabus for ISRO exam for mechanical courses. It may help you to prepare for this exam.

Thanks...
Sir, I'm 2009 passed out B.Tech(IT) with 69%, I have applied for ISRO this year. In many forums they are telling even though it is mentioned that 65% is eligiblity criteria, they are calling who scored more than 70% for written test itself, Is that true? may I expect written test hall ticket for ISRO? Kindly reply ASAP, I'm very confused about this, But I'm very passionate abt Department of space,Defence.. And pls tell when will the announcement for DRDO will come?

Thanks in Advance
Krishnaveni
8th March 2011, 03:47 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

~~~Indian Space Research Organization~~~

Eligibility for Isro Exam 2011:
  • BE/B.Tech or equivalent in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% (average of all semesters for which results are available). Candidates who are slated to complete the BE/B.Tech course in the academic year 2010-11 are also eligible to apply provided final Degree is available by 31.8.2011
Age Limit:
  • 35 years as on 28-02-2011 (40 years in case of SC/ST candidates and 38 years for OBC candidates, Ex-serviceman and Persons with Disabilities[PWD] are eligible for age relaxation as per Govt. of India orders).
For more details visit: www.isro.co.in
11th March 2011, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

sir,
is their any possibilities a mechatronics engineering student to join or to be recruited to ISRO ?
i've an average of 85% in my B.E. upto 5th semester.
please reply me,sir..
thank you.
7th August 2011, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

is there pre fina b.e student is eligible for isro exam????????
23rd June 2012, 11:47 PM
sahiljain12

Smile Re: How to join ISRO after B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering? Does the reputation of college matters in the selection?

there are a lot of steps in becoming a scientist .
i will tell it step by step for your better understanding

firstly you have to take science combination in your 12th level ...

PCM (physics chemistry maths)

PCB(physics chemistry biology)

you can take optional subjects like computer science, computer application, statistics ,etc

then you must pursue your under graduation course in any of the following streams

1.B.Sc
2.B.Tech

you can do B.Sc from any recognized university like DELHI UNIVERSITY,CALCUTTA UNIVERSITY,PUNJAB UNIVERSITY etc

you can do B.Tech from any institutes like IIT or any other recognized engineering college

after graduation, you must do post graduation like M.sc/M.Tech

then you should go for PhD.in this time you will get offers from several institutes and scientists also to join them in their research work as 'assistant-scientist'

now based on your work and performance, your future will be shaped.

you will get promotions and finally you will be categorized under 'scientist',

you can work under someone ...or if you prove yourself good enough, then you may get projects of government or private sectors on which you have to research to discover or invent something new ....

so all these things require ample hard work and labour
without that it will be impossible to reach your goal

you need to have great patience and you must be innovative one so that you can do new things in the scientists arena to gather name and fame

WISH YOU SUCCESS!!!!!!!!
14th February 2013, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

i want to become a scientist i have many ideas and research programmes in my mind but due to family poverty i can not publised my ideas. will you gave me some suggestion to reach my goal?
8th March 2014, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,, i am studying now 3rd mechanical engineering ,, nw ,, i finished my degree in year of 2015,,in which time ,, i want to apply job in ISRO ,,wat is the procedure ????
25th May 2016, 02:31 PM
arshkapoor2015

Question Re: How to join ISRO after B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering? Does the reputation of college matters in the selection?

You can look for latest job opening for ISRO apply for that if you satisfy the criteria, To get updated about latest ISRO Recruitment you can refer various websites

Or if you could Join ISTE and do B.tech from there secure 65% marks and get recruited to ISRO directly

For latest job notifications you can even download android apps
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?