5th June 2011, 03:21 PM
Vidya Gogate

How may I apply for Ph.D? What's the duration of course for Ph.D program?

How to apply for phd and what are the details of coursework?

what is the duration of the phd program?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I go for PhD in Mathematics after 12th? Duration of course? In how many streams can I do PhD?
  2. How may I apply for Ph.D? What's the duration of course for Ph.D program?
  3. Duration of regular PhD after clearing NET and JRF? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Best college, requirements and duration of PhD Economics? Scope after this course?
  5. How to do PhD after M.Pharmacy?
  6. How may I do Ph.D program either in Mechanical or Management? What's the applying procedure and eligibility criteria for the same? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Information about PhD program after MS in USA?
  8. List of subjects available to study in PhD in JNU? Rank of JNU for PhD course?
  9. Eligibility to apply in Ph.D(Biotechnology) for M.Sc from IGNOU student? Duration of Ph.D(Biotechnology) program?
  10. What is the difference between PhD and Integrated PhD courses? Course duration of Integrated PhD?
  11. Colleges, entrance exam, duration, fee and application details for PhD in Management (HR)?
  12. Subjects taught in PhD at Osmania University? Duration of PhD course?
  13. How can I apply to study PhD after completing M.Tech(CSE)? Total fee expenses of PhD course?
  14. Course duration and percentage required in M.A. to study PhD?
  15. Course duration and percentage required in M.A. to study PhD?
  16. Procedure and requirements to apply for PhD in Organic Chemistry program in Germany?
  17. Detailed information and fee structure of PhD(HR) program in Kolhan University? Scope of PhD program in Human Resource?
  18. Where can I apply to do PhD or Integrated PhD having 96 percentile and 376 AIR in GATE? -- [New]
11th August 2015, 11:27 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: How may I apply for Ph.D? What's the duration of course for Ph.D program?

You need to pass the entrance examination for JRF or Junior Research Fellowship to be eligible to enter the PhD. program. There are two organizations who hold this national eligibility test or NET examination. They are a) UGC and b) CSIR. Both offer you a fellowship of Rs.12,000 per month on holding a valid NET rank. Now NET ranks are obtained when you qualify in two points namely-
1) You pass in all the three papers of NET entrance examination.
2) You rank among the top 15% of such pass marks holders among candidates from entire India.
If you suffice in the above two points, you will get a NET rank and you can enter the PhD. program of a university. The entire PhD. program may run from a minimum of 7 years to a maximum of 9 years including enrolment, registration and other PhD. related procedures.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?