21st August 2011, 10:32 PM
ravi shankar sharma

How may I do industrial training? I'm in B.Tech 2nd year from Lovely profession university(Jalandhar)?

sir,i'm ravi shankar sharma from lovely professional university,jalandhar.sir i'm a b.tech 2nd year student and i would like to do my industrial training.Is it the right time to do training??if yes then plz give me the decription....thanks.

Related Questions:
  1. Industrial training for 2nd year B.Tech (EEE) student?
  2. Which are the companies providing industrial training?
  3. Name of Companies In Hyderabad offering Industrial Training to B.Tech Students (2nd year) in summer vacations? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How may I do Industrial training of 1 month duration? What's the format of applying form? I'm a student of 2nd year Bio-technology
  5. How can I apply for Industrial Training after completing 2nd year of B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) in West Bengal?
  6. Summer Industrial Training/Internship programme for B.E.(CSE) 2nd year student? Procedure to apply for it?
  7. Where can I pursue training while studying B.Tech 2nd year?
  8. How to do industrial training when am in 2nd year of B.Sc Electronics ?
  9. How to do industrial training in Kolkata? I am a CSE B.Tech 2nd year student
  10. Which are the companies offering industrial training for B.Tech students?
  11. Eligibility to apply for 6 weeks Internship in BSNL, Nagpur for B.Tech(E&TC) 2nd year student? -- [New]
  12. Is there a chance to do industrial training in Airbus, L&T and other such companies?
  13. How can I apply for summer training in various companies after completion of 2nd year of engineering?
  14. Software companies which offer 6 months Industrial Training to Diploma 2nd year student in Hyderabad?
  15. List of companies offering industrial training to chemical engineers(2nd year) in Kolkata vicinity?
  16. Companies for one month industrial training after completion of 2nd year of B.Tech.(ECE)
  17. How to do Industrial Training in TAJ Hotel, Mumbai?
  18. How can I apply for 1 month training in IIT Guwahati? From where to get the forms?
15th February 2017, 11:14 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How may I do industrial training? I'm in B.Tech 2nd year from Lovely profession university(Jalandhar)?

B.Tech is a full time engineering course which stands for Bachelors of Technology. It is of 4 years duration and is highly regarded in today's world. It is known for its rigorous course and which helps the students develop analytics skills and thinking.

Speaking of the overall course curriculum, generally B.Tech is taught in 8 different trimesters and so the subjects are divided accordingly. Now, every B.Tech college requires its students to go through a summer internship program in the midst of their 1st and 2nd year.

This is basically done to give the students and introduction to what technology is all about and what the students can expect from real time engineering work. Now there are some common streams of Engineering such as:

1. Mechanical
2. Civil
3. Electrical
4. Electronics
5. IT/Computer Science

and others as well. But primarily it is these 5 streams that form the major chunk of the B.Tech population. Thus, depending on which stream are you a part of, you must start looking for your summer internship companies.

Most of the colleges say it is compulsory for you to do a summer internship in your transition from 1st year to 2nd year and so this becomes a compulsion for every B.Tech to do this.

Now, how would one be able to do industrial training / summer internship remains a big question and quite difficult to answer at times. There are many ways by which one may apply for the internship are:

1. Try applying from referrals if you have any contacts in any of the top companies such as NTPC (for Electrical, Mechanical people), BSNL (for ECE people)

2. Create profiles on job portals such as shine, timesjobs, naukri and monster such that you can start looking for internship opportunities there. If you are lucky and talented, your resume would be shortlisted form there only.

3. Try walk-ins also. They help a lot when in states where there are plenty of industrial establishments. Also, you can reach out to key people form LinkedIn and then creating connections to find some lead from there.

Remember, getting an exposure to industrial training and summer internship is not an easy job. It is really tough and therefore, one has to struggle really hard for it to get something good and fruitful.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?