16th April 2011, 03:21 AM
prem prakash91

How much CGPA is required in Electronics and Communication branch to get placed in a company?

what should be cgpa want by the company for the placement of electonic and communication branch student and usefull things

Related Questions:
  1. Companies in Bhopal offering training in B.Tech for Electronics and Communication branch?
  2. How much is the minimum rank required in AIEEE to get Electronics and Communication Branch in Thapar University?
  3. Which branch is better for M.Tech for electronics & communication engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Does it really matter to have good CGPA for getting job in private MNC companies? -- [New]
  5. Which are the good electronics companies offering summer internship for B.Tech Electronics and Communication students?
  6. Is there any chance of switching to any other department in B.E. by taking EEE in diploma?
  7. What is valid CGPA required for doing PhD in engineering?
  8. Electronics company which provides 6 months training?
  9. Syllabus for electronics and communication branch for Power Grid Corporation test?
  10. How to join the Indian Police after B.Tech?
  11. Can I get internship in HP company for electronics and communication branch
  12. How can I become an electrical and electronics engineering?
  13. After pursuing B.E Electronics and Communication which company should I join?
  14. Which internship program is related to electronics and communication branch?
  15. What should I do after completing diploma engineering with branch of electronics and communication
  16. Institutes and companies for best training of 6 months in Kolkata for Electronics and Communication branch?
  17. Can I get any electronics related job after passing diploma in electronics and communication branch
  18. How to do industrial training in electronics company? I am studying in electronics and communication
16th April 2011, 09:49 AM
indrajitmishra123
Senior Member+

Location: c/o- Laxmidhar mishra, at- jayapurkilla, p.o.- pipli,dist- puri, pin-752104, orissa
Default Re: How much CGPA is required in Electronics and Communication branch to get placed in a company?

dear friend, if your university is affiliated to total of 10 grade points then it is required that you should maintain your cgpa at least 6.75 to get a better company...
actually every company looks for a carrier mark of more than 60%....
thats alll.
good luck
16th April 2011, 01:36 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: How much CGPA is required in Electronics and Communication branch to get placed in a company?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prem prakash91 View Post
what should be cgpa want by the company for the placement of electonic and communication branch student and usefull things

How much CGPA is required in Electronics and Communication branch to get placed in a company?

Today the world is very competitive and you always have to compete for getting good job so it would be better to secure as much marks as possibe.
But allmost every good company want at least 60% aggregate .You are talking about CGPA so i want to inform you that there is a difference of all most 5 point . It means if you have got 7.5 CGPA then your percentage is nearly 70. so you need to have at least CGPA of 6.5 . Try to get atleast 7.5 CGPA to clear the eligibility criteria of all companies.

Work hard and live better life in future.

With Regards
ravik1214
16th April 2011, 02:09 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: How much CGPA is required in Electronics and Communication branch to get placed in a company?

Quote:
CGPA ELIGIBILITY FOR ECE - PLACEMENTS

For past 2years placements in colleges have stopped because of the recession, but now it all changed again where companies are flooding back to college for placements.. So prem am sure you won't have to worry much cause you will be placed.. but in one condition you have to maintain a CGPA of 6 above till your 7th sem...

-> Most of the MNC companies coming for placements will ask for 6 above CGPA.

-> But some of the core electronic companies coming for placements do ask for 7 above CGPA. So its better you maintain a clean 7 above CGPA with no arrears.

-> And other things which the companies will see in you during placements is the activities which you are involved in like extra courses, competitions, leaderships and so on.

-> So its better you start involve in all the activities which is going in your college like technical competition and so on.. So that you will end up filling your resume with some good points..

-> The very important things which is needed for placements for you is to be strong in your Aptitude skills, Technical and Communication...

-> Study your core subjects by understanding the concepts cause most of the questions asked in the Technical interview will be from your subjects..
16th April 2011, 02:47 PM
piyush121

Smile Re: How much CGPA is required in Electronics and Communication branch to get placed in a company?

HELLO FRIEND,

There are many and many engineers coming out every year. So a company obviously wants the best for them.As the competition is getting tougher and tougher day by day you need a good CGPA for your placement in a good company.

If you have a CGPA of around 7.5 then you easily fulfill the criteria of most of the top companies like BSNL,RELIANCE,TATA, etc. Hence a good CGPA WILL FAVOUR YOU A LOT AND ALSO GIVE YOU A PREFERENCE OVER THE OTHER CANDIDATES.

Apart from that you also need to have a good subject knowledge and a good practical knowledge which can help the company.

So try to maintain a cgpa of around 7.5 and above.

ALL THE BEST

REGARDS,
PIYUSH ANAND
16th April 2011, 04:55 PM
saswata06

Default Re: How much CGPA is required in Electronics and Communication branch to get placed in a company?

You need to score atleast 7.0 CGPA to get placed in a good company.However you have to crack the respective Campus Interview.
Best of luck
16th April 2011, 05:35 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

As you know that the world is very competitive, so to get a job anywhere, you need to have the edge over the others so that the company feels that you are the right person for them.

Now that does not mean that you start mugging up things without understanding them.
Almost in all cases what happens is people with a 5 point something grade get placed better than the toppers.
The reason is simple, they are worth being so.
The companies dont care much about the grades if the candidate is talented.
So whatever you do in life do it perfectly. Dont worry about the results.

Anyway as far as your question goes, maintaining a CGPA of about 6.0-7.5 would be very good enough to get a good job, but then again you need to haver the knowledge also. You can collect as many certificates and accolades, but when it comes to answering questions in the interview, then those accolades wont matter if you dont have the knowledge.
16th April 2011, 08:06 PM
AYUSH KUMAR YADAV
Senior Member+

Dear friend,

Today the world is very competitive and you always have to compete for getting good job so it would be better to secure as much marks as possibe.
But allmost every good company want at least 60% aggregate .You are talking about CGPA so i want to inform you that there is a difference of all most 5 point . It means if you have got 7.5 CGPA then your percentage is nearly 70. so you need to have at least CGPA of 6.5 . Try to get atleast 7.5 CGPA to clear the eligibility criteria of all companies.

Work hard and don't take it difficult, prepare well. best of luck
16th April 2011, 08:56 PM

If you have to achieve your goals,you should be the best competitor. AS answer to your question is, to be placed in good company you try to get CGPA 7 or above, as %ge required is 65% and percentage can be calculated by multiplying CGPA*9.5.

best of luck and have successful future.
16th April 2011, 09:45 PM
shashanktrust

Todays world is growing rapidly in the field of electronics and communication . There is a wide scope in the field of electronics and communication. To get placed in a good company CGPA is not only enough , now a days company ask for talent . But as far concern about the minimum criteria about the cgpa , so it should be atleast 7.5 , which a company generally ask for. My suggestion to you will be not to have bookish knowledge only , but it practical application is necessary.

so , work hard and achieve your goal and raise your name of your family. Good luck.

with regards
Shashank Garg
16th April 2011, 11:47 PM
E1360

Quote:
hi friend,

for any company there will a min of 6 t0 7 cg pa required as per company hr policies. With those they will test you on basic technical knowledge and your body language and it will be a + point to u you if u have some knowledge in c ..

I hope you are going to attend interviews..all the best..
17th April 2011, 12:15 AM
aksavjeet
Member+

Generally Electronics company don't go for placements in B.e/B.Tech .
They prefer M.Tech or Msc.
This was what an H.R from a big firm had told me.
Because they dont have time and resources to train people. They want trained people, unlike IT firms where all they want is a computer and some software to Teach people about their work.
30th April 2011, 01:34 AM
Unregistered

hi...would appearing for 4 subjects of 1st semester in supplementary semester affect placement?
24th May 2011, 01:31 AM
Unregistered

@all: Sir I have now completed B.tech 2nd year with a cgpa 7.00..... If I complete my B.tech with a cgpa of 7.5 will I get a good placement in some ECE core companies...... i'm studying in a one of the good deemed universities in INDIA.
And also Plz suggest me to get a good cgpa...

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.
5th June 2011, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

what scope a person has with a CGPA of 5 point something?
15th January 2012, 09:26 PM
senthilkumarvm

Exclamation Re: How much CGPA is required in Electronics and Communication branch to get placed in a company?

hi my dear friend... you are asking about what is CGPA is needed to get job in any company..

friend.. you need above 60% of marks or above 6.0 in CGPA, to getting job in any company.. this alone is enough.. you must have other criteria also..

1.Above 60'5 in 10th onwards
2.no arrears
3.no gap

these are the eligibility criteria

All The Best VMSAJH
14th February 2012, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

my cgpa is 6.05 and i am in second year now (4th semester ) my branch is computer science how much cg do i require so that i'll be placed in a good company??
7th August 2012, 04:49 AM
Unregistered

I am a 3rd year student of ece department in SRM, Ramapuram. I secured 81% marks in my 10th and 66.8% marks in my 2.. i have a CGPA of 8.13.. Am i elegible to sit for placement in the core companies?
Will I get a decent job? I am extremely worried because of my 2 marks as i failed to live upto my consistency. Please give your best opinions.
10th August 2012, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

i hv completed my 2nd yr with 3 re in 1st sem n 1 re in 2nd,3rd n 4th sem n i have 5.42 cgpa till now...i am extremly worried about my placement so please suggest me what can i do now..
15th August 2012, 07:49 PM
Sammy11
Senior Member+

Hi dear..

Today each and every average +GOOD company requires a CGPA of at least 6.5 to get you placed.

But if you want a really good company then you must secure at least 7.5 CGPA.

With ECE if you want to go in Communication part and join big IT companies like GOOGLE, then they demand a CGPA of 8.4 .

So it all depends on what kind of company you are expecting.
While google is an exceptionally well company , good companies will give you job if you secure at least 7.6 CGPA (~ 70% ) in your B.Tech ECE.

All the best..!!

Regards
Sammy
2nd April 2013, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

i am a 3rd year student of ECE and my cgpa 7.86,is this cgpa good enough for the placements in good companies?or still required?
24th August 2014, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

i have a cgpa of about 7.65 in my first semester,how can i improve my aggregate points and get placed in a
good company?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?