14th July 2012, 01:42 PM
r.shivatheja

How much time I have to spend in a day towards preparation to become an IAS Officer? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?

Respected sir/madam,can u please guide me to become an I A S officer .As i am an engineering student.But at school i am good at social studies.So please let me know that how much time i have to spend for a day.what are the books i have to prefer.Is there any best coaching institutes for cracking I A S preliminary exams.I would be great full to you if you help me in this part.

Related Questions:
  1. Which books are best to prepare for IAS entrance exam?
  2. How can I prepare for IPS entrance exam?
  3. Steps to be taken after 12th to become an IAS officer? Best books for preparation for the exam?
  4. How to prepare for GATE and IAS exam? Which books to refer for preparation?
  5. How to become an IAS officer? Books to be referred?
  6. How to become an IAS Officer? Which books to prepare for IAS Exam?
  7. How should I prepare for IAS exam? I am studying B.Tech 1st year so which books should I refer?
  8. Books to be refer to prepare for IAS officer exam after passing 10th standard?
  9. How many hours should I spend in a day to prepare for IIT JEE?
  10. Recommended books to prepare for IAS Preliminary Exam for General studies?
  11. How to score good percentage in 12th Board? -- [New]
  12. How to prepare for IAS entrance exam? Subjects to be chosen? Requirements and books to be referred?
  13. Which is the right time to start preparation for GATE Exam? How much time I have to prepare for this Exam in a Day? Which Books should I refer for this Exam?
  14. Which books to refer for preparation of IAS examination?
  15. How to become an IAS officer after Engineering (ECE)? how to prepare and subjects to study? Is it necessary to join IAS academy to prepare? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. How much time I have to spend to prepare for IAS? Good Coaching centers for this Exam? When will be the Exam for this?
  17. Which Books should I prepare to become an IAS Officer?
  18. What to do to become an IAS officer being a candidate of pursuing 1st year B.Tech? Competitive books to prepare for IAS Exam?
2nd September 2012, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How much time I have to spend in a day towards preparation to become an IAS Officer? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?

which books i want to prepare for IAS and i am studying Btech 1 st year and how much time i want to spend?
3rd September 2012, 07:51 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: How much time I have to spend in a day towards preparation to become an IAS Officer? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
which books i want to prepare for IAS and i am studying Btech 1 st year and how much time i want to spend?
A candidate can apply for the Indian Administrative services through civil service examination. This examination is conducted by the UPSC every year. This exam is conducted in 2 phases. 1 phase is preliminary round and the 2nd one is mains. Candidates who qualify in the 1st round will be called for the 2nd round and the candidates who qualify in the 2nd round will be called for the Interview test. The eligibility required for the civil service examination is given below:

Education Qualification
Candidate applying for the civil service examination should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for the civil service examination.

Age Limit
Candidate applying for the civil service examination should have age between 21 to 30 years.

Books for IAS

15th October 2012, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How much time I have to spend in a day towards preparation to become an IAS Officer? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?

HOW MUCH TIME TO STUDY IN A DAY FOR BECOMING IAS
16th October 2012, 01:39 AM
exams1
Senior Member+

First, you should be mentally fully prepared to bear the strain of this one-year-long exam; and second, you should have (or develop) a sound expression (written as well as verbal) in the medium (language) you want to appear with. Once you have obtained these two qualifications, other issues regarding preparation for the exam can be handled better and easily.
Conceptual questions can be handled more effectively only if Mains is prepared first. Besides, objective facts can be related and remembered easily only when a sound conceptual base is pre-existing. Therefore, your strategy for preparation of Prelims should be such that you are thorough in your first optional (that you take in Prelims as well as in Mains) as also in G.S.
This is important because you do not get enough time after Prelims to prepare for the Mains.

Thanks...
16th October 2012, 01:41 AM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

Question Re: How much time I have to spend in a day towards preparation to become an IAS Officer? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?

A candidate can apply for the Indian Administrative services through civil service examination. This examination is conducted by the UPSC every year. This exam is conducted in 2 phases. 1 phase is preliminary round and the 2nd one is mains. Candidates who qualify in the 1st round will be called for the 2nd round and the candidates who qualify in the 2nd round will be called for the Interview test. The eligibility required for the civil service examination is given below:

Education Qualification
Candidate applying for the civil service examination should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for the civil service examination.

Age Limit
Candidate applying for the civil service examination should have age between 21 to 30 years.
11th April 2013, 02:49 AM
Unregistered

i m doing my 2 yr in graduation, and its around one and half yr left for degree. Should I start preparing for ias using my arnd one year or do I need more time for that??
24th May 2013, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Which books are good for preparation of mains and GS....???
How much time should I give everyday for studies and in what manner....???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?