27th May 2013, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

What is the future of Biotechnology?

After higher secondary i want to complete b.sc course in biotechnology.So i want to know the future of this stream.what should i do for a better future with this subject?

3rd June 2013, 03:02 PM
Arist

Default Re: What is the future of Biotechnology?

Once you are through with 10+2, you must either opt for an undergraduate course in biotechnology or any subject that is directly or indirectly related to biological sciences. Remember a master’s degree is a must to make a successful career in the domain of biotechnology.

The eligibility criterion for getting into an undergraduate program varies from one institution to another. Once this eligibility criterion is met, you can get admission in to BSc programs.

However, for many undergraduate courses in biotechnology you need to sit for common engineering entrance exams such as:
•The Joint Entrance Examination for IITs (IITJEE): for admission to various IITs
•All-India Engineering Entrance Exam (AIEEE): for admission to various National Institutes of Technology or regional engineering colleges.

Future of Biotechnology:

Biotechnology leads to career paths in:
•Pharmaceutical companies (drug design and development or pharmaceutical production);
•Chemical companies (nanotechnology and biosensor applications);
•Agriculture (plant breeding and engineering);
•Diagnostics companies (diagnostic test design and production);
•Legal and consulting companies (business plan analyst);
•Government agencies; and
•Research with research institutes, universities or in industry.

ALL THE BEST.....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?