29th November 2011, 01:27 PM
joshidfdgd

How to prepare for CAT Exam? Do Civil Engineering candidates having scope in MBA?

how to study for cat?
does civil engineering student finds scope in mba

29th November 2011, 05:59 PM
surekha_katreddy

Default Re: How to prepare for CAT Exam? Do Civil Engineering candidates having scope in MBA?

CAT EXAM
The qualification criterion that is needed for a student to apply for the Common Admission Test is a graduate degree from an approved college. The students can be from any stream, but they are required to have a score of atleast 50 percent in their final exams. Students of the Sc/St/PH and OBC communities require only 45 percentage marks. Those who are writing their final year exam are qualified to appear for the exam too.

Approach a good institute like TIME as it is very hard to prepare all by yourself.
GOOD LUCK
5th April 2012, 07:42 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to prepare for CAT Exam? Do Civil Engineering candidates having scope in MBA?

I am doing B.tech in Civil Construction Engineering from people's friendship university of Russia(Moscow), i'm bit confuse about study's master, what would be better for me doing masters in MBA OR M.TECH,becose i'm somewhere interested in management.plz give me better suggestion )) tabrez khan
20th June 2012, 01:02 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to prepare for CAT Exam? Do Civil Engineering candidates having scope in MBA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshidfdgd View Post
how to study for cat?
does civil engineering student finds scope in mba
Hi

CAT is an All India Entrance Exam for the MBA course. This is organized and conducted by the IIM's every year for the selection of brilliant MBA aspirants for the courses.

Now CAT - Common Admission Test.

For the detailed syllabus for the CAT Please CLICK HERE !!

To prepare for the CAT, you have to be determined that you have to crack it. The syllabus is not tough as it involves only junior school maths and English grammar. But you have to be really fast so that you can score well in this exam

Some of the best CAT Preparations books are :-

Also I must tell you that for MBA, ANY streamed graduate can apply for it. So yea even Civil Engineering students are eligible and finds good scope in the MBA.

You can purchase these books and prepare on daily basis regularly. Also you may join some coaching center like T.I.M.E, Career Launcher, etc for your better and fast preparations.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regard
RANJEET
20th June 2012, 02:11 AM
rhydhamkrnk13

Wink Re: How to prepare for CAT Exam? Do Civil Engineering candidates having scope in MBA?

Hai so you are planning to appear for CAT good .First of all i would like to inform you that such exam require a lot of practice and so my suggestion is to prepare small small topics every day so that you may not be overloaded in the last month or of the exam.secondly for MBA it is such a field that you cam appear for it after you pass any type of graduation either it may be civil , mechanical ,MBBS,etc so i suggest you to appear for MBA after Civil engineering.
Yours Truly.
20th June 2012, 03:27 AM
Vikas hrc

Hi friend..

MBA stands for Master of Business Administration.
It is a post graduate course and the duration of this course is 2 years.
The most famous institute in our country for MBA is IIM i.e,Indian Institute of Management.

If you want to take admission in IIMs,you will have to appear in CAT (Common Admission Test).

The selection procedure in IIM is carried out in three stages:-
1.Written Examination i.e,CAT.
2.Group Discussion.
3.Personal Interview.

If you want to appear in CAT,you should fulfil these criteria:-
1.You should be in your final year of yoru graduation.
2.You should have completed your graduation with at least 60%.
3.Your institution should be recognised.

The syllabus of CAT consists of:-
1.Quantitative Aptitude Test.
2.Data Interpretation Test.
3.Logical Reasoning.
4.Verbal Ability.
5.Comprehension Reading.

If you want to prepare for CAT exam,then according to me,you should join a coaching.
The best coachings in India for CAT preparation are:-
1.T.I.M.E.
2.Career Launcher.
3.Alchemist,Delhi.,etc.

So,I hope you are satisfied with my answer.
Best of luck.
Thanks.
20th June 2012, 11:57 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

To give the CAT exam you need to be bachelor degree holder with minimum 50% marks at graduation level.

Types of MBA:-

The eligibility criteria for one year full time MBA program is bachelor's degree from a recognized university in any discipline. Minimum Age limit is 27 yrs at the start of the course. Not too old GMAT score is also required.

For part time MBA program Bachelor's degree in any discipline is required. Diploma holders needs to have a minimum of 3 yrs of work experience. You have to sit for the entrance exam that test the analytical, verbal and numerical abilities of students.

For specialized MBA program bachelor's degree, work experience, entrance exam and GD, PI results are taken into consideration.

Go through the CAT previous year question papers to learn more about the format of the papers and the syllabus to cover.

Good luck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CAT-PreviousPaper-2007.pdf(372.6 KB, 294 views)
File Type: pdf CAT-PreviousPaper-2006.pdf(345.0 KB, 148 views)
File Type: pdf CAT-PreviousPaper-2005.pdf(365.2 KB, 134 views)
27th July 2013, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to sit back and gain some experience in the civil engineering firm and come back after 2-3 years to apply for the full time MBA courses?
22nd February 2015, 12:32 AM
Unregistered

is doing MBA after civil engineering is a good idea? could any average student qualify CAT easily?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?