5th August 2012, 03:49 PM
sajid01

How to prepare for CAT Exam? Where should I take Coaching for this Exam?

sir plz help me that how to prepare for cat and from where i should take coaching and area related to thjs

6th August 2012, 03:57 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to prepare for CAT Exam? Where should I take Coaching for this Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajid01 View Post
sir plz help me that how to prepare for cat and from where i should take coaching and area related to thjs
How To Prepare For CAT

CAT (Common Admission Test) is the most prestigious exam for selection into India's best B-Schools namely IIMs, IMT Ghaziabad, MDI Gurgaon, FMS Delhi and many more prominent colleges..

According to the latest paper pattern of CAT..it is divided into 2 sections :-

Section-1 :- Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation

Section-2 :- Logical Reasoning & Verbal Ability

You will be getting 70 minutes each for both the sections..

Since 2008..it has been a purely online based exam..so its very important for you to practice the tests online thoroughly..

Eligibility Criterion :-

Candidates must have completed their graduation in any discipline with a duration of 3/4 years from a recognized University..

Candidates appearing in their final examination are also eligible for appearing for the exam provided that they are able to submit all the necessary documents of completion of course by 30th June,2013

This year CAT is going to be conducted in a window ranging from 11th October,2012 to 6th November,2012

There is no age restriction for appearing for CAT..

You can even crack CAT with the help of a correspondence course from any institution provided that you work hard and with a lot of determination..

There are some really good coaching institutions like TIME, Career Launcher, MBA Guru, IMS, etc which you can join for your preparation..

Correspondence or regular coaching..this decision may vary from person to person..

If you think that you can study and pursue your preparations in a disciplined manner then you need not go for regular coaching whereas if you think you need someone to put you in a routine then I would suggest you to go for a regular coaching..

I have attached a few past papers of CAT with solutions which will give you an idea of the pattern as well as the level of the questions you need to prepare in order to clear the entrance exam..

I have attached a few tips given by CAT toppers and I would strongly advice you to go through them carefully..

For any further details regarding CAT you can Click Here

I hope all this information will help you out in your preparations..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: docx CAT Exam 2012 Syllabus.docx(12.3 KB, 58 views)
File Type: pdf CAT 2008 Paper.pdf(731.6 KB, 86 views)
File Type: pdf CAT 2007 Paper.pdf(687.8 KB, 84 views)
File Type: pdf CAT 2007 Solutions.pdf(653.2 KB, 95 views)
File Type: pdf CAT 2006 Paper.pdf(630.2 KB, 79 views)
File Type: pdf CAT 2006 Solutions.pdf(981.2 KB, 104 views)
File Type: pdf CAT 2005 Paper.pdf(708.8 KB, 100 views)
File Type: pdf CAT 2005 Solutions.pdf(882.9 KB, 140 views)
File Type: doc 1000_critical_reasoning_questions.doc(4.32 MB, 1566 views)
File Type: pdf 50 Keys to CAT From TestFunda.pdf(1.42 MB, 321 views)
6th August 2012, 04:38 PM
raja_1982
Junior Member+

Thumbs down Re: How to prepare for CAT Exam? Where should I take Coaching for this Exam?

CAT (Common Admission Test) is the most prestigious exam for selection into India's best B-Schools namely IIMs, IMT Ghaziabad, MDI Gurgaon, FMS Delhi and many more prominent colleges..

According to the latest paper pattern of CAT..it is divided into 2 sections :-

Section-1 :- Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation

Section-2 :- Logical Reasoning & Verbal Ability

You will be getting 70 minutes each for both the sections..

Since 2008..it has been a purely online based exam..so its very important for you to practice the tests online thoroughly..

Eligibility Criterion :-

Candidates must have completed their graduation in any discipline with a duration of 3/4 years from a recognized University..

Candidates appearing in their final examination are also eligible for appearing for the exam provided that they are able to submit all the necessary documents of completion of course by 30th June,2013

This year CAT is going to be conducted in a window ranging from 11th October,2012 to 6th November,2012

There is no age restriction for appearing for CAT..

You can even crack CAT with the help of a correspondence course from any institution provided that you work hard and with a lot of determination..

There are some really good coaching institutions like TIME, Career Launcher, MBA Guru, IMS, etc which you can join for your preparation..

Correspondence or regular coaching..this decision may vary from person to person..

If you think that you can study and pursue your preparations in a disciplined manner then you need not go for regular coaching whereas if you think you need someone to put you in a routine then I would suggest you to go for a regular coaching..

I have attached a few past papers of CAT with solutions which will give you an idea of the pattern as well as the level of the questions you need to prepare in order to clear the entrance exam..

I have attached a few tips given by CAT toppers and I would strongly advice you to go through them carefully..

For any further details regarding CAT you can Click Here

I hope all this information will help you out in your preparations..
6th August 2012, 05:42 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for CAT Exam? Where should I take Coaching for this Exam?

hi,
CAT exam stands for common admission test.

CAT (common admission test) exam is a computer adaptive test that has to be cleared by candidates willing to do MBA in the IIMs (Indian Institute for Management Studies), and in some of the other prestigious institutions that would accept CAT scores for admission. The test pattern is unstable and it varies every year.
CAT BASIC PATTERN

1.Verbal Ability
2.Reading Comprehension
3.Problem Solving
4.Data Interpretation
5.Logical Reasoning
6.Data Sufficiency
7.Maths Problems
For more info. click on the link below:
http://www.successcds.net/mbaentranceexam/CAT/Common-Admission-Test.htm
6th August 2012, 07:08 PM
ad55

Default Re: How to prepare for CAT Exam? Where should I take Coaching for this Exam?

cat is an analytic exam hence you have to increase your analytic skills and your thinking power solve puzzels for this sense,you can take coaching from time
20th August 2012, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

I am in Btech 2nd year ECE and i want to appear for CAT and my dream is to do MBA in the best college in india but i dont know how to prepare for CAT could you please give me guide lines for how to prepare for CAT
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?