28th November 2011, 11:56 AM
soosy

How to prepare for GATE entrance exam? Will it held me to get a seat abroad?

please guide me how to prepare for gate entrance exam! and will this gate marks are going to consider in IISC? will they help in getting a seat in abroad? if it so what are the prerequisites do i need?

31st December 2011, 12:56 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for GATE entrance exam? Will it held me to get a seat abroad?

hi...the gate examination is the one of the most prestigious examination in our country for doing the post graduation for the engineers ,
the exam is also very tough and hence requires lots of practice and dedication to do well in this examination ,you should be really strong in the basics of the subject in which ever branch you are in because the questions asked in this examination are generally from the basics and there is no need for really doing an in depth study of the subjects as if for the the Indian engineering services examination.
there are many institutes in the country which offer an very good coaching for the gate examination like the ace academy and the made easy academy,doing an coaching is an very important thing for the gate examination because of the very simple fact that proper guidance is very important for doing well in the gate examination and the coaching academy do provide that along with the many sample examinations which really help the students to do well in the actual examination.
also as of Indian institute of sciences is concerned they do accept the gate score for admission in the post graduation courses for the engineering students for doing the master of technology or the master of sciences subjects ,also they don hold many interviews for admission in the various subjects and also they do have there own tests for the entrance in many fields and the gate score is considered just as the base for the candidate to be eligible for the written examination or not .
also if you are interested in doing an higher studies course from the foreign countries then the gate examination is not going to help you in any way and you have to write the gre examination
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?