30th November 2010, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for GATE in two months to get good rank?

How to prepare for GATE exam as there are only two months left and I want to get good rank in the exam?

30th November 2010, 11:42 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Lightbulb Re: How to prepare for GATE in two months to get good rank?

Friend GATE is not a exam to be prepare in crash course if still you want to be prepare in short time just go through all the basic from 1st year to 4th year of your subjects...which can make you to attempt most of questions.......
2nd December 2010, 10:49 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for GATE in two months to get good rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How to prepare for GATE exam as there are only two months left and I want to get good rank in the exam?
GATE preparation requires hard work and sheer dedication from the student’s part. GATE aspirants need to be really focused while studying. The GATE exam aims to understand the student’s knowledge in basic subjects. As for the preparation, always follow standard books intended for GATE exam and prepare notes after every chapter. You can also conduct group study with friends to share and improve each other’s knowledge. Follow the pattern of study, test, evaluate and improve.
4th December 2010, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare for gate exam and how many hours we have to spent for preparation?
12th February 2011, 07:35 AM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

You have to be really hard working if you want to get good score in GATE.

GATE is an entrance test for admission to various Master's degree courses i.e. M.Tech in engineering and M.Sc in general science subjects in the reputed IITs and NITs.

Obviously there is huge competition. So you must know the basic concepts of the subjects you are applying.

Questions asked in the GATE come from the conceptual fundamentals of the topics covered in the syllabus.

First of all, you need to find out which sections or chapters of a particular subject you can cover up well.

Get very clear idea of those selected topics. After that you have to practice with the previous year papers and the model test papers with keeping the time efficiency.

Alone practice in two months can give you a lot of confidence to answer the exam correctly.

All the best!!
7th March 2011, 10:54 AM
harshhunny
Member+

1. Material Collection

•Syllabus
•All the relevant books based on the subject(Divide the books in two groups
(1) Fundamental and basic concepts

(2) Problem oriented

•Some books helpful for pre-requisite knowledge on the subject
•Some good guide books for GATE
•Previous questions papers
2. Keep contact with some expert and GATE experienced persons

3. Study - Syllabus and Previous questions papers

4. Start from the first chapter

•read at least 5 books, it will widen your knowledge(if necessary consult with the books for pre-requisite knowledge or with some expert)
•Note down the probable concepts (definitions, unit, dimension etc.)
•Note down necessary theories, formulae etc.
•Solve problems as maximum as possible(from text books, Guide books etc)
•Think about various tricks in solving problems(if necessary, note it)
•Go for series of self-tests based on this chapter(take other's help to conduct tests)
•Continue the self-tests until getting a very good score
5. Solve more and more problems, discover more and more new tricks

6. Follow the same procedure for the rest chapters

7. Finally, go for self-tests based on whole syllabus (take other's help to conduct these tests)

Preparation Strategy:

•Starting 8 – 12 months before GATE exam: Do more of theory in the first few months and just a few practice questions. Make your notes as you learn and your concepts should really be strong. In months 3 and 4 focus on answering GATE type questions. Mark your areas of weaknesses and strengths. In months 5 and 6 work on your weaknesses. Finally in months 7 onwards, start answering more GATE like papers and hone your skills.
•Starting 4 – 8 months before GATE exam: In the first 2 months, do a combination of theory and practice questions. Focus month 3 on taking tests. The remaining months should be spent on taking tests and refining your strengths and weaknesses.
•Starting 2 – 4 months before GATE exam: Only focus on the theory of important topics and practice as many questions as possible in the first month. The remaining time should be spent on building on these strengths and taking 2-3 new topics every week from the other untouched areas.
•Starting less than 2 months before GATE exam: Your focus has to be on solving GATE type questions accurately. Whenever you are unable to solve the questions, refer to the relevant theory and make notes.
14th March 2011, 09:04 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Just 2 months time. Here i am providing some suggestions which will be very helpful for you to prepare for GATE exam.

-As you have very less time, prepare subjects which you feel as easy first and difficult subjects later.

-Make a time table of yourself for the 2 months. Give priority to several subjects.

-Allocate time to each subject depending upon its difficulty.

-Try to eat less in night time and try to start study by 4 AM.

-Make short notes from gate forums and other resources. So that you can know the essential or important questions which are being asked in the exam.

-Don't prepare by using soft copies. Because there is every chance that you may switch to some entertainment activities like music while preparing.

-Get the GATE questions and answers book. Soon after the completion of a particular topic or unit, practice several questions from the questions and answers book. This will let you know the way how questions are being asked.

-Each and every GATE aspirant must have to practice previous papers with compulsion. Because there is every chance to get those questions again.
21st May 2011, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

I want to straight and i really need help....
I have about 8 months for the GATE exam and i am sure i don't have any knowledge of what happened in the last three years of my engineering life and the most ambitious part is i want crack the GATE exam....
All i need is tips about how to plan my study,what to study and where to start....I am totally a lost person please give me some answers which can help me....
22nd May 2011, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

is it possiable to get good rank in gate with out coaching? please tell me how to get good rank in gate with out coaching.
3rd August 2011, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

now i am studying 3-1, can i get good rank with out coaching?
7th January 2012, 06:38 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare these 20 days for gate?
12th December 2012, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

how to prepare for gate in less than two months? can you suggest some good book to prepare from?
22nd October 2013, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare the gate exam in two months to get good rank
17th November 2013, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for gate in 1 month 10 days.nd how much time we have spent on it?? can u suggest me pls ..i did'nt start my preparation yet..so please reply me as soon as possible.
1st October 2014, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

What is the probability of getting good score in gate through previous question papers??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?