10th October 2011, 01:24 AM
vishwamanikanta

How to prepare for GRE and TOEFL to do MS abroad?

hai sir i am manikanta graduated b-tech (Stream:ECE with 66%) in 2011.I don't know any thing but i interested to go ms and do on electronics.plz reply me how can i prepare and wats the steps to fallow and 1 more thing is my communication is also not well. how to prepare for gre & tofel?

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed information about scholarship provided by universities in Abroad for MS? Preparation tips for GRE and TOEFL?
  2. Which exam I should write to do MS in abroad?
  3. Whether TOFEL-GRE is necessary for pursuing higher education in abroad?
  4. Chances of going abroad after clearing GRE -- [Most Discussed]
  5. How much marks I have to score in GRE to study MS in any good university in Abroad? Important subjects for preparation? Should I have to appear in TOEFL also?
  6. Qualification required to appear in GRE and TOEFL to study MS in Abroad?
  7. In which entrance exam should I appear among GRE and TOEFL to study M.Arch in US?
  8. Procedure to study M.S. in abroad? Is GRE and TOEFL necessary?
  9. Will GRE and TOEFL scores help to do MS in abroad?
  10. Where else can the GRE and TOEFL/IELTS score be useful other than for seeking admission in colleges Abroad?
  11. Best colleges for MCA Abroad with scholarship? Information about GRE, TOEFL and IELTS?
  12. Courses available to study in Post Graduation in Abroad through GRE and TOEFL?
  13. When is the right time to start preparing for GRE and TOEFL? Criteria of arrears to study Abroad? Is self study enough?
  14. What are the entrance test for Ph.D in Microbiology? -- [New]
  15. How to prepare for GRE and TOEFL to do MS abroad?
  16. Is it beneficial to prepare for GRE to study in Abroad?
  17. List of entrance exams which I need to write to do the masters in mathematics outside India?
  18. Detailed information, procedure and tips to prepare for GRE and TOEFL to study in Abroad for B.Tech(Chemical Engineering) 3rd year student?
10th October 2011, 09:37 AM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: How to prepare for GRE and TOEFL to do MS abroad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwamanikanta View Post
hai sir i am manikanta graduated b-tech (Stream:ECE with 66%) in 2011.I don't know any thing but i interested to go ms and do on electronics.plz reply me how can i prepare and wats the steps to fallow and 1 more thing is my communication is also not well. how to prepare for gre & tofel?
Dear friend this is totally depend on you ,if you have self confident and you can do very hard work then any one can't stop to you..............

First you make a routine with systematic and preparation very hard then you can get your dream and you will go surely MS..............

you can take some study material from any coaching center which is most important for you and you can demand by post study-material.............

You go through previous 10yrs. question papers which is most important for you.................

Then you any one can't stop to you.......you take The Hindu,And see GENERAL NEWS,FOR general studies go with MAnorama...............
10th October 2011, 03:10 PM
kinika

Default Re: How to prepare for GRE and TOEFL to do MS abroad?

There are two types of GRE.
General : Almost all universities require this.It has three sections : verbal, quantitative,and analytical writing.
The Analytical Writing section is a new section introduced in October 2002, which consists of two analytical writing tasks. Visit the GRE website for more information.
Advanced : Some universities require this. But, even if not required, this score puts you up on the competition ladder. The Advanced GRE (AGRE) is subject specific. For statistics one has to appear in the mathematics AGRE.
Official information about GRE's

The official GRE site is www.gre.org. It is a quite well organised site, and you will get a lot of info from it.
How to prepare

Barron's GRE guide : Use this book mainly for the grammar section of the test. The long vocabulary list is extremely helpful to famialiarize yourself with some rarely used words that are favourites of the GRE question setters. Start memorizing the list well ahead of the test.
Old question papers : This is of course an excellent way to prepare for the test. Unfortunately the advent of the computerized tests have reduced its efficacy to some extent. Yet it is worth trying. You may download some sample questions from the GRE webpage. Another method is to xerox old question papers from the USEFI. Time yourself while you solve the papers. Do not neglect the quantitative section thinking it too easy.
Online practice tests : At the GRE website you will get several of these. Particularly helpful for the Computer Based Tests (CBT), this will give you a primary idea of what you might expect from the tests. Another excellent website to practice vocabulary is at the Reader's Digest website.
PowerPrep : This is almost an indispensible tool to prepare for the CBT --- the only form of GRE offered in India now. It is a software sold by the ETS. This is a licensed software. It contains practice problems with answers, general guidelines, and timed tests. However, this software by no means obviates the need for studying the vocubulary from the Barron's guide.
Test Of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)

Description

There are four sections in this test.
Audio : Here you will listen to some pre-recorded English conversations and short lectures. Then, based on what you have heard, you have to answer some objective questions.
Grammar : This section requires you to answer objective questions (filling in blanks using given choices) that test your grammatical skills in English.
Comprehension : Reading a number of English passages and answering objective questions relating to them is all that you have to do here.
Essay : This is the only section which, even if you are giving a CBT, you can still write on paper. All you have to do is write an essay on a given topic. A long, full list of topics is available from the website. However, remember that paper written esssays will significantly delay your score report.
10th October 2011, 04:27 PM
shweta1989

Dear friend..

As you said your communication is not too good and u want to go abroad for MS so in that case its better to join any coaching center who gives coaching for GRE and TOFEL that definitely helps you a lot...

all the best for your future.
16th November 2011, 10:48 AM
Unregistered

hai sir i m doin 2nd yr in be. want 2 do ms. s dis correct time 2 join coachin centre 4 gre nd toefl?????????????
3rd June 2012, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

hi sir, i am doin be 3 yr ,i wod lik to do ms in us.my comuanicatn knoledg nt gd nd i m frm pyor famil.my be degre depans only bnk lon co...is thr any possibl to do ms in us.,.,.wat r d things i should follow 4 tat.,.,.,.,.,plz mail al tat 4 me ,.,.,[email protected]
20th June 2012, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

hi sir i am studing 3rd year i want to prepare i am very intrested to study MS abroad but i dont know how to prepare,and cant go to coaching centres because i am hostel so please give me some guidens.....
15th July 2012, 02:39 AM
Unregistered

Hi sir.. I ve completed my 2nd year BE, wit lot of backlogs.. So what should i do inorder 2 make it through gre..?? Please mail me 2 [email protected]
19th August 2012, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

hi sir..if there are any backlogs,that effect to do ms plz this question answere to my mail id [email protected]
17th April 2013, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

sir i was doing be in meachanical engering and want to study in us for me or m teach so kindly tell me how to prepare for gre and toefl
28th May 2013, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am studing bachelor of Electronics and Communication engineering,first year. I aim to study MS in abroad.Can you help me to achieve this by explaining the exams to be written for admissions and what are the steps to be taken now by me?
20th October 2013, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

sir... i am in tenth now ... is it required to start studying for gre and toefl ...
5th November 2013, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

sir, i was completed in b.com 48% after MBA 65% Can i eligible for tofel and gre
18th December 2013, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

hai sir, I'am doing be in mechanical engeneering and i want to do ms in abroad,so tell me how to prepare for ms
28th December 2013, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I have 75% academic and 3 work exp. in a top MNC with sound communication skills. I would like to pursue MS. Please guide me where and how to start with.
email : [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?