27th December 2011, 01:48 PM
yashwant bharti

How to prepare for Group Discussion and Interview of IBPS PO Recruitment?

i have selected for group discussion and interview for ibps bank p.o.and i have face first times G.D. and interview .so i need help.please help me

27th December 2011, 02:41 PM
Davidvilla9

Smile Re: How to prepare for Group Discussion and Interview of IBPS PO Recruitment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashwant bharti View Post
i have selected for group discussion and interview for ibps bank p.o.and i have face first times G.D. and interview .so i need help.please help me
dear friend, first of all congrats you have been selected for interview in PO exam.

Now, as you told that you are facing the GD first time, then you might be having lots of queries. Thus i am giving you the Topics listed for IBPS PO selcted candidates.

1. FDI in Retail in India
2. Growth vs Inflation(RBI stand on policy rates)
3. Europian debit crises (PIGS COUNTRIES)
4. Rupee depreciation (impact on various industries)
5. Rising NPAs for Indian Banks.

Go through these topics you will succeed.

BEST OF LUCK.
THANKS...!!!!!!!
27th December 2011, 05:08 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to prepare for Group Discussion and Interview of IBPS PO Recruitment?

dear friend,

First of all congratulation for being selected for group discussion. See there are two round you have mentioned which are :

1. Group Discussion,
2. Interview.

I have mentioned for all these two process how you prepare for yourself.

First of all if you clear Group discussion and then only you will be selected for Interview. So please be prepare for it at first and then interview.

For Group Discussion topic you must read the Newspapers daily and from there you can gather some current affairs topic.

Besides this, I have mentioned some important topic and if you maintain these then I think you will be helpful :

* Must put on a neat and clean dress.
* keep eye contact to the interviewer and you.
* maintain some basic discipline like yes madam/sir, wish them etc.
* don't tell them a lie , always tell them the truth.
* don't want to bluff the interviewer.
* when you are in the group discussion then if you wish you can become the leader of
the group and it will give you some extra number if you perform well.
* don't be tensed in your mind because the interviewer are very frank with you.
* always try to communicate in English, don't use any colloquial language.

good luck.
27th December 2011, 05:16 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to prepare for Group Discussion and Interview of IBPS PO Recruitment?

Dear pal,
group discussion and interview are the selection procedures involved in the most of the selection procedure in most of the institution and admission.
For preparing for the group discussion follow the below.
1. Express your views correctly to the members in the GD.
2. Do not do arguing in the group discussion. Do not use local words.
3. Give time for others to speak.
4. Do not give wrong information in the group discussion.
There are various lines of interview namely stress interview, technical interview , hr interview,etc.
The nature of the questions in the interview varies. In stress interview they will try to tense you and see upto what extent you can manage. In technical interview you will be asked questions related to your field. For this you need preparation without which you will not be able to complete it . In HR interview you will be asked general question and your leadership skills and others skills will be tested by them.
Do not worry in most of the interview they will wait for you to answer and you will be evaluated on that basis.
27th December 2011, 06:32 PM
chiranjiv8881

I think there wont be any GD except PNB
28th December 2011, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

hai
this is sailaja,i have cleared ibps po cwe.i got tne scorecard.now what to do ?how to prepare for the interview?please inform me the complete process of interview and the topics i have to study for the interview.
my email id is "[email protected]"
28th December 2011, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

i have passed in bank po through ibps my weighted score is 156 and i belong to gen cat , should i get a call for interview
29th December 2011, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

What is reason to gap your educational qualification?
29th December 2011, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

Recently I attended workshop at Career Quest institute for IBPS PO exam Interview & GD. They are starting the new batch on 2 Jan. I have heard lot about this institute. So I am joining it on 2nd. Do you have experience? Plz share. One of my friend did coaching here, he told me to join this. Any other good coaching? Now there is an advt of 3 banks. My score is 141 General cat.
29th December 2011, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

I have cleared ibps Po Examination, need some suggesations/tips for interview, I shall be thankful if u could advise me /send study materials/gidelines..
Thanks,
SohiniRoy
e,mail sohini_rediffmail.com
30th December 2011, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

how to know whether my score is good or moderate
2nd January 2012, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Recently I attended workshop at Career Quest institute for IBPS PO exam Interview & GD. They are starting the new batch on 2 Jan. I have heard lot about this institute. So I am joining it on 2nd. Do you have experience? Plz share. One of my friend did coaching here, he told me to join this. Any other good coaching? Now there is an advt of 3 banks. My score is 141 General cat.
Can i have the number or the address of this institute n r they giving coaching for GD and interview in PSU's??
3rd January 2012, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

HAI
THIS MINU I HAVE SCORED 126 IN IBPS CWE PO (SC)CATEGORY I WANT SOME GUIDELINES AND SOME CURRENT TOPICS FOR THE PREPARATION OF GROUP DISCUSSIONS $INTERVIEW.
EMAIL ID [email protected]
8th January 2012, 11:12 AM
Unregistered

hi,i have scored 127 in ibps po(obc)categoryand my graduation percentage is 50%,i have applied for union bank,can i apply for any other bankand i also want to increase my score,can i give susequent ibps po exam and is that score add to the previous score.email id [email protected]
9th January 2012, 09:38 AM
Unregistered

Hi,

Happy to see the postings of many aspirants for bank po. I congratulate one and all and wish them success in their coming GD and interview.

Regards
Sanjay
20th January 2012, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

sir plz guidance me for gd and study for po exam and study material for it. my email id is [email protected]
23rd January 2012, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

please tell me the way to prepare interview .i have qualified ibps po cwe.I have secured 142 .my email id is [email protected].

Anindita Majhi
15th February 2012, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

hi,
i am amarnath, i've passed the IBPS cwe po exam,and scored 124(sc), please give me some information about gd & it's topics. my email id- [email protected]
17th February 2012, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

i Have scored 156 .Recently i came to knew that Union bank has increased its cutoff to 166.means that i'v lost 1 bank from my kitty.is there any possibility that i;ll b called for interview & gd's?pls help me out to break this confusion
20th February 2012, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

hi.i got 133 marks in ibps po's.
actually i completed my
graduation with maths in telugu
medium.how can i prepare for gd
n interview?
please suggest me some basics about banking
25th February 2012, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

i have scored 120 in IBPS PO exams (ST category) please give me some information about Group Discussion nd important topics
related with GD nd Interview also.my Email [email protected]
2nd March 2012, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

i have scored 116 in IBPS PO exams (OBC) please give me some information about Group Discussion nd important topics
related with GD nd Interview also.my Email Id is [email protected]
7th March 2012, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

i am selected for sbi associates po and my gd and interview is on 23 rd march . pl help me about the possible topics of gd.....
8th March 2012, 02:47 AM
Unregistered

i've cracked the exam for PO, taken by IBPS. Aftr dat i got the IBPS certificate. Where in da place of my father's name, only da name of my father is printed withouth the cast title ( eg:- Suppose, my father name is "QWER ZXCV", but in da place of my father's name it is written dat " QWER", or in da place of sailaja mudhunuri , it is only written sailaja. I hope i could explain da situation). i tried to contact IBPS to know abt this matter. but i cd nt make any contact to any of them.

now will u please tel me, what happen to ur mark sheet. if u say dat same is happened to u, then i must admit dat this is da way, how they send these mark sheet, other wise i'l go as far as i can to rectify the fault. i'm spending sleep less night.

so, it will b very helpful fr me, if u kindly reply me in saying dat what is happen to ur mark sheet.
thnks. with best regards.

your frnd
prokash chandra ghosh
8th March 2012, 02:50 AM
Unregistered

i've cracked the exam for PO, taken by IBPS. Aftr dat i got the IBPS certificate. Where in da place of my father's name, only da name of my father is printed withouth the cast title ( eg:- Suppose, my father name is "QWER ZXCV", but in da place of my father's name it is written dat " QWER", or in da place of sailaja mudhunuri , it is only written sailaja. I hope i could explain da situation). i tried to contact IBPS to know abt this matter. but i cd nt make any contact to any of them.

now will u please tel me, what happen to ur mark sheet. if u say dat same is happened to u, then i must admit dat this is da way, how they send these mark sheet, other wise i'l go as far as i can to rectify the fault. i'm spending sleep less night.

so, it will b very helpful fr me, if u kindly reply me in saying dat what is happen to ur mark sheet.
thnks. with best regards.

your frnd
prokash chandra ghosh
15th March 2012, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

i have scored 144 marks in ibps po exam in gen cat.please suggest me some books
for gd and interview.
6th June 2012, 03:01 AM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Smile Re: How to prepare for Group Discussion and Interview of IBPS PO Recruitment?

Dear friend,
If you are interested in IBPS CLERK examination,
Then you will have to be very strong for interview.
There are some simple thing to remember during interview.

INTERVIEW TIPS :

1.Show proper attitude.
2.Wear clean clothes.
3.Speak softly but clearly.
4.Answer then confidently.
5.Know about bank history [for which you are appearing]

All the very best.........
11th March 2013, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for GD & Personal Interview for Pro manager Scale - II? Wanna get through the process & got selected in Interview.
15th March 2013, 12:27 AM
dyco

Dear,
below are some tips for GD & Interview. Follow them, they will surely help you lot.

GD-

*Read good number of articles and matter on recent important (specially- important financial) topics/news.

*Be clear with your ascent.

*Try to initiate the discussion(Note- don't start the discussion only in order to be the "Starter"). Be clear with what point you are going to keep. Use simple but important lines/fact only.

*Don't break in upon or interrupt any candidate while keeping their point.

*Listen sincerely.

INTERVIEW-

*Show nice, pleasing and office etiquette.

*Answering the questions in unarguable way is the most important task in the interview. Don't Argue at all (Note- you can keep your point if you are sure about it, but sometimes interviewer knowingly try to put you in such situations. So, better use your mind!) .

*Even in case of an aggression by an interviewer stay calm but don't allow him to walk all over you.Instead maintain a Smile (it really helps!).

*Sometimes the Interviewer asks some tricky questions like 'Sell yourself to me' etc. , these types of question is to see whether you can cope with sudden situation and whether you can work under stress, so, don't panic at all.

With Regards
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?