26th February 2011, 08:45 PM
nethu jaanu

How to prepare for IAS for 3rd year B.E student? Books for preparation?

Hello sir/madem
I am nethra. Doing BE 3 rd year in Electronics and Communicatoin.I wanted to do IAS after my degree but i dont know much about the exam and which books i have to study.So would you please suggest me about that. and please send some questoin papers related to IAS exam. I thought that it s better to improve . i am waiting for your response.
thanking you
Nethra.S.

27th February 2011, 03:29 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS for 3rd year B.E student? Books for preparation?

Preparation of IAS:
  • Be very particular about the subject you choose for prelims, as you will be appearing for an objective type of paper. History, maths, geography may prove to be very scoring. Choose subjects which have availability of books, reading material and guidance. In recent years engineering subjects like civil and electrical can be chosen, giving BEs and IITians an edge (yes! even here they are giving the BAs and BScs a tough fight!)
  • Increase your GK knowledge as much as you can.Reading news papers, watching TV news and of course shows like Quiz shows like KBC etc.
  • See prevoius years paper as much as you can.
All the best

Regards
Kapila Chaudhary
17th March 2011, 11:34 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS for 3rd year B.E student? Books for preparation?

Sir/madam ji
my self is ramkesh meena 4m rajasthan nd i studied in B-Tech 2nd yr with civil engg. Now i want to start my preparation for ias exam. So plz guide me which sub i choose..nd also tell me books,magazine name..my medium is hindi.
19th March 2011, 06:23 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: How to prepare for IAS for 3rd year B.E student? Books for preparation?

Mainly the problem for you for writing exam is your age ..

you should have min age of 21 years then only think about IAS(Civil Service Examination.) for now.

coming to preparation for this exam

-> a definite rigor workouts is the must.

->because it has the vast syllabus and pattern unlike other competitive examinations

->It will be better if you'll take some coaching in a good Institute because as your stream is no way related to Civils

you have to work more harder then regular preparation candidate...that too while pursuing your course ..its pretty tough.

->your assignments,internals , fests and many more will disturb you..

so it will be a better option if you complete your b.tech first and then concentrate on your goal then definitely you're going to succeed .

After this its up to you..

regards..

~aditya~
6th May 2011, 11:34 PM
Unregistered

I am a 10th class students.I am aspiring for civil services.please inform me what should i do from now onwards to crack it?
11th May 2011, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

iam 1 st year electronics and communication student . i dont know about for preparing ias exam please tell something about it and what is the syllabus and please tell about detailed syllabus
thanking you
r.keerthana
13th May 2011, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

SIR/MADAM,
I am Sneha Reddy now going to b.tech 3rd year in electrical and electronic engineering and I have a goal of becoming an IAS officer and actually want to know how to choose the optionals.Can you please suggest me how to choose.From now onwards I want to prepare and you even suggest me the books which I should read.So,waiting for your reply.
Your's faithfully,
Sneha Reddy.
17th May 2011, 08:09 AM
Unregistered

I am Dharshini now completed 12th standard. what I have to do for cracking yhe exam. please tell
2nd June 2011, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

i am be-3 electronics student .want to know about best books or preparing for ias ,i.e. for general studies and csat
8th June 2011, 09:56 AM
Unregistered

sir/madam,
myself sumit, I m b.tech final year from mdu,rohtak(electronics & communications engg.). I want to do the preparation for the IAS exam. So plz tell me that which of the subjects I should choose nd good writers books covering the whole syllabus...
email id: [email protected]. contact no: 919812865957.
3rd July 2011, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

I am a B.Tech(IT) student.how to prepare IAS exam? and which book i use?
3rd July 2011, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

hello madam,i'm vishakha,from nagpur,,my question is,,now i studied B.E third year,,c=tech branch.so i want to do CET entrance exam preparation,,,,and plz tell me madam which exam take now ,, email id = [email protected]
16th July 2011, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

hello sir/madam. 'm bhavna, from bengaluru. doing first year b.e. in electronics. very passionate abt ias. :) could you please guide as to what subjects i can chose for taking up the exam?? like better options from my e and c branch?? my e-mail id [email protected]
26th July 2011, 08:24 AM
Unregistered

Sir, i m a be 3rd year student, my branch ec. plz tell me suitable guidence...or tell me about some importent books for csat....wait plz rply soon. Shashikant
29th July 2011, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

sir, i m B.E.(I.T.) 2nd student my general knowledge is good so, tell me about some books for general studies ....i m waiting for your reply....pradeep BHADJA
30th July 2011, 06:00 PM
brijeshgzp123

sir/madem
Doing BE 3 rd year in Electronics and Communicatoin.I wanted to do IAS after my degree but i dont know much about the exam and which books i have to study.So would you please suggest me about that. and please send some questoin papers related to IAS exam. I thought that it s better to improve . i am waiting for your response.
thanking you
30th July 2011, 06:02 PM
brijeshgzp123

no optin for it students in IES exam with his subject.
7th September 2011, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

hello sir/mam,
i'm S.RAJASEKAR. i'm doing now B.E final year cse dpt. i want like study to I.A.S.
HOW???????????????????
plz reply!!!!!!!!
20th September 2011, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

i am a Bsc graduate student.i want to know how to prepare ias exam
23rd October 2012, 08:06 PM
Lokeshthetopper

Dear aspirant,
Prelims:
Paper1: General studies- 200 marks
Paper2: English -200 marks

Cut off for general:
Around 200

Main Examination

There are nine papers.

Scheme of the examination:

Paper-I & II: Two Language papers (One in Indian Language and one in General English, each carries 300 Marks)

Paper-III: Essay (200 Marks)

Papers IV & V: General Studies (2 papers ,each carries 300 Marks)

Papers VI, VII, VIII & IX: Two optional subjects (each having 2 papers and 300 marks for each paper)

Minimum total marks to be selected:
around 1200 marks

The selection of best books will play a great role in deciding your rank.
If you have a good collection of books then your preparation will be better.
At the same time your hard work to finish the syllabus of optional subjects will play a great role in deciding your rank in the mains.

In order to have expert level knowledge of General studies the recommended books are:
General Studies Manual -McGraw Hill Publication
Arihant Publication
Upkar Publication
UPSC Portal books
Pratiyogita Darpan study material , Civil Services Chronicle, Competition wizard for articles on important issues.

Use the prescribed books
It is good to choose the subject of your course of study.

Believe you can and you will on the half way.
Please do visit this website for your queries related to any entrance exam.
Best of luck
12th February 2013, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

respectedsir/mam i am student of T.E(IT) engg.i want to do ias after degree but my acadamic score uptill now is not very good,but for ias i am trying my best ,but u tell me how to study for ias &also whether after B.E.can i start my preparation /from now only
12th February 2013, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

whether after B.E(I.T) can i give this examintion,actually i heard that I.T engg are not elligible for ias ,it's only for computer civil&mech
17th February 2013, 02:27 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,

Good to know that you are dreaming to become an IAS Officer.

As you are in B.E. 3rd year, so this is the right time for you to start preparation for IAS Exam.

Next year, you can appear for IAS exam or after completing Graduation, you can appear for IAS Exam.

IAS Exam is also called as Civil Services examination.

Civil Services Exam is commenced by UPSC for the recruitment to IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS, etc.

Upcoming Exam will be commenced on 19 May 2013.

And, Notifications along with Online Applications will be released on 2 February 2013.

Official Site of UPSC for applying Online Applications is: upsconline.nic.in

You will have to clear three stages to successfully pass IAS exam:

>> Preliminary Exam (CSAT Exam)

>> Mains Exam

>> Personal Interview

For clearing this exam, you must solve previous year question papers.

For viewing and downloading these papers, visit: www.upsc.gov.in

Some of the good books for the preparation of IAS Exam are:

General Studies for Civil Services Preliminary Examinations (Paper - 1) (Paperback)
Author: Manohar Pandey
Publisher: Arihant (2012)
Price: Rs. 684

Guide To UPSC (IAS) Civil Services Preliminary Exam: General Studies (Paper - 1) (Paperback)
by Gkp
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd (2011)
Price: Rs. 266

General Studies (For UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam) (Paperback)
by RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House
Price: Rs. 999

IAS Mains General Studies Chapterwise Solved Papers 2011-1997
by Siddharth Mittal
Publisher: Arihant (2012)
Price: Rs. 166

UPSC Portal Public Administration Optional: Mains Examination Topic Wise Question Analysis 20+ Years (Paperback)
by Upscportal Editorial Board
Publisher: Kalinjar Publication (2011)
Price: Rs. 120

UPSC Portal IAS General Studies: Mains Examination Topic Wise Question Analysis (20+ Years) (Paperback)
by Editorial Board - UPSC Portal
Publisher: Kalinjar Publication (2012)
Price: Rs. 104

UPSC Portal IAS Mains History Solved Papers (2002 - 2011) (Paperback)
by Yagya Nand Jha
Publisher: Kalinjar Publication (2012)
Price: Rs. 200
14th July 2013, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

I am diploma student in mechatronics studying 2nd year, how can i start preparing for IAS exams? which are the best books preferred to study?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?