19th October 2012, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for IAS entrance exam? I am studying BSc Mathematics

now,i am studying b.sc mathematics. i want prepare for IAS now itself. what types of books,i need to study

26th January 2013, 04:40 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS entrance exam? I am studying BSc Mathematics

Before starting exam preparations, you need to collect detailed exam syllabus. This can be collected from UPSC portal. Then based on the syllabus, you can start collecting text books. Text Books for CSAT will be available in book stores. Upkar, Chand etc are some of the main publishers. Searching net will also help you to collect adequate study materials.
26th January 2013, 06:29 PM
RAVIKANT JANGIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
now,i am studying b.sc mathematics. i want prepare for IAS now itself. what types of books,i need to study
helo, i think you should start with GK and GS, as the pattern is expected to change by next year, so plz dont take risk of starting your preparation with any optional as optionals are expected to be removed in the new pattern. GK and GS are the evergreen things which will never be removed, whatsoever the new pattern will be. Command on current affairs and start reading any one newspaper throughly in routine (THE HINDU will be best).
26th January 2013, 07:48 PM
Budhwarz
Member+

Hi Aspirant

IAS Means Indian Administrative Services for which first you have to write the civil services exam which is conducted by the upsc department every year.And this is one of highest reputed exam of India and also one of the Highest difficult test of country.

Yes you can prepare for the exam while studying the graduation and first i have to say that you are thinking right because graduation is the period where you have to start preparation for the IAS Exam and first thing you have to do is to choose first your optional subjects and start preparing of them because you can't prepare those subjects at a time so better would be to prepare yourself before the exam.

Also try to focus on the general studies because general studies is the compulsory subjects and try to focus more and read daily a national news paper and also watch daily a national news channel too.

Qualifications Required for the exam :

Need a graduation degree and which should be from a recognized university

Age must be between 21-30

Also 4 attempts allowed for general and 7 for obc and unlimited for the sc,st

Nationality :

Indian

Best of luck
22nd June 2013, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

i m a teacher,but i want yo prepare for ias.and my gk and gs is very weak.how can i prepare for ias now???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?