24th December 2011, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

How to appear for MP PSC IAS officer exam? I am studying BSc IInd year

sir,
i am studing in B.Sc. IInd year. i want to appear in mp psc ias officer exam but i have no idea about from filling, where i get the form and date of exam? I have lost my 5 years of my studying period after Higher secondary (10+2) exam in year 2004. How much opportunity I have to Prepare this exam?

6th October 2012, 11:04 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to appear for MP PSC IAS officer exam? I am studying BSc IInd year

My friend there is no such thing as MP PSC IAS. The exam you are talking about is called Civil Service Examination. It is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). This is the exam you will have to appear for in order to become IAS officer.

It is a central level exam which is not conducted at the state level. This is why there is no such thing as MP PSC IAS. Since you are in second year of graduation, you can not appear for the Civil Service Exam. You will have to complete the graduation course before applying for the exam to become Indian Administrative Service officer.

The notification of the exam is published by the UPSC in the months of November and December while the exam takes place in May next year. You can find more about the Civil Service Examination like the exam dates, application form on the official website of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) - http://www.upsc.gov.in/.

Eligibility

1. You must be of Indian origin.

2. A graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Limit

You age should be 21 to 30 years as on August 1 of examination year.

The age limit for OBC is 21 to 33 years.

SC/ST are eligible for 5 years relaxation in upper age limit.

Exam Pattern

There are two stages of Civil Service Exam.

1) Preliminary Exam

This exam takes place in May It is a qualifying exam to appear for the Main Exam. There are two papers in the exam.

1. General Studies

2. Optional Subject

2) Main Exam

There will be total of 9 papers in the Main exam which would be followed by the interview to be selected for IAS.

Number of Attempts

General - 4

OBC - 7

SC/ST - No limit.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?