27th July 2013, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for IAS exam? I am going to take admission in B.A Political Science

I am going to take admission in B.A. political science. plz tell me how I prepare myself for this exam at home.

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for IAS exam? I am going to take admission in B.A Political Science
  2. Instructions to prepare for IAS entrance exam?
  3. Can I get admission in DU for Political Science Honours if scored 95 marks in 12th Political Science?
  4. How should I prepare for IAS exam? I have completed my B.A final
  5. Tips and advices to pursue M.A with Political Science?
  6. How to prepare for IAS examination? I am a student of PCB
  7. What to do next in case of failing in IAS exam? I have done M.A in Political Science
  8. Where to get previous 10 year Question Papers of IAS Main Exam? What should be the second optional subject for IAS if first choice is Political Science?
  9. How can I prepare for NET and which books are the best for NET exam Political Science or Reasoning?
  10. Can I do Ph.D in Political Science after doing BA and PG in Master in Business Administration(HR)? Procedure to get admission?
  11. How to appear for IAS exam after finishing B.A in Subjects like economics, history and political science
  12. Will it be possible to do MA in Political Science without BA in Political science?
  13. Best coaching in for political science in Hyderabad? What jobs can I get? -- [New]
  14. Can I become an IAS officer after studying Political Science and Sociology?
  15. Can I take Political Science as the main subject in IAS?
  16. How should I prepare for CLAT then become an IAS officer after 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. How to get admission in Ph.D in Political Science after completing M.A in Political Science from University of Mumbai?
  18. How to prepare for IAS entrance exam? I am from science background
10th August 2014, 01:35 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS exam? I am going to take admission in B.A Political Science

For IAS, candidate should have a graduate degree from recognised university. In case IAS, UPSC conducts the examinations comprises of three sections Preliminary Examination which covers objective type questions, Mains which is subjective type questions and personal interview questions. You need to be a graduate in regular stream for being eligible for appearing in the Indian Administrative Service exams conducted by UPSC. You are eligible to fill the form provided the university is recognized.
CSAT exam is conducted for candidates interested in Civil services cadre. Minimum eligibility for CSAT exam is graduation or equivalent qualification from any Central, State, Open or Deemed University. Candidate’s age limit should be between 21 and 30 years. The Indian citizens can join IAS/IPS.
There is age relaxation for five years in case of SC/ST. Three years relaxation to OBC category and five years to Short Service Commissioned Officers (SCOs) in Indian armed services. The physically handicapped candidates get 10 years relaxation.
Syllabus for IAS is:
UPSC Preliminary Examination Syllabus
Syllabus of Paper I -(200 marks) Duration

• Current events of national and international importance.
• History of India and Indian National Movement.
• Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
• Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
• Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
• General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization
• General Science
Syllabus for Paper II-(200 marks)

• Comprehension
• Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
• Logical reasoning and analytical ability
• Decision making and problem solving
• General mental ability
• Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. - Class X level)
• English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
• Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level (last item in the Syllabus of Paper-II) will be tested through passages from English language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question paper.
• The questions will be of multiple choices, objective type.

On selection, you will gone for training which includes rigorous physical training. In Junior Scale, a new recruit joins at this pay scale and has a basic pay of INR 15,600-39,100. Also you will have Grade Pay of INR 5400. After serving two years as a probationary officer, a new IAS recruit gets posted as a sub collector or a SDO.
For preparation, you can seek admission in coaching:
1. Achievers IAS Classes
2. The IAS Forum
3. JTS Institute
4. IMPACT IAS Academy
5. Global IAS Academy
6. Sri Padmavati Tutorial for IAS
7. Shri Sai Tutorials for IAS
8 Prof.B.R.A.Rao’s Institute
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?