10th August 2011, 09:00 PM
gangelot

How to prepare for IES exam in Mechanical Engineering?

i am final year student of mechanical engg.i will appear indian engg. exam.i reqest you to tell about the preparation of the exam.

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for IES exam after passing B.E Mechanical Engineering with 65% aggregate
  2. How to prepare for IES mechanical Engineering? How many attempts are allotted for the exam? Is there any IES coaching center in Pune?
  3. Is UPSC exam enough for getting a government job in Mechanical and Civil Engineering field? -- [New]
  4. How can I prepare for IES exam? What is the procedure for this exam?
  5. Which books are best for IES exam for mechanical engineering
  6. Which Books to prepare for IES Exam for Mechanical Engineering?
  7. How to prepare for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Mechanical Engineering? Will there be any Coaching centers for this Exam in Chandigarh?
  8. Which Books should I prepare for IES Exam in Mechanical Engineering? List of Coaching Centers for this Exam in Hyderabad?
  9. How may I prepare for the IES exam? I am pursuing BE(first year) with mechanical stream from MMM engineering college, Gorakhpur
  10. How can I prepare for IES exam along with job? Study materials and tips for the preparation?
  11. How to prpeare for IES exam after studying 3rd year mechanical engineering
  12. How to prepare for IES exam?
  13. Can I appear for IES with Mechanical Engineering after completion of Aeronautical Engineering?
  14. Syllabus for IES Exam for the candidates of Mechanical Engineering?
  15. How many seats are there in IES exam for Mechanical Engineers?
  16. How should I prepare for IES entrance exam? I have done B.Tech in mechanical engineering
  17. How can I prepare for IES Exam being a candidate of BE in CSE?
  18. Should I prepare for IES or should I do job? -- [Most Discussed]
1st October 2011, 01:36 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IES exam in Mechanical Engineering?

IES is a good option for an engineering graduate. This is one of the most important quantitative examinations which are conducted by the government. Hence you need to prepare thoroughly in all the subject areas. Since you are a mechanical engineer, you need to be well prepared about the technical areas of engineering which is a major aspect in the test. Apart from this you should also practice in areas such as Numerical ability, General awareness, logical reasoning and language skills etc. You can join some coaching institutes which provide the training in this area for better performance in the written examination.
6th March 2012, 02:20 AM
Unregistered

how many attempts of sbc student
11th August 2013, 09:15 AM
Unregistered

i am in the third year of engineering. i wanted to know how should i start preparing for ies
11th August 2013, 11:46 AM
shivam2k6

Dear Friend,

You should study all the concepts from your text books that you have been following in your Engineering studies.

Replace the books with better one if the quality is not good.

Along with studying concepts, you also need to practice problems. So, you should buy one or two good books for problem practice.

You can buy these books:

1. Objective by R.K.Jain
2. IES Objective book for Mechanical by Made Easy

Read any national newspaper daily for current affairs.

Consider joining a good test series in the final stages of your preparation.

All the best.
Thank you.
15th August 2013, 05:31 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to prepare for IES exam in Mechanical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangelot View Post
i am final year student of mechanical engg.i will appear indian engg. exam.i reqest you to tell about the preparation of the exam.

Prepare For IES Exam Mechanical Engineering

Refer to these books for your preparation :-

You are eligible to appear for the UPSC Engineering Services Examination only if :-

1) You have a B.E./B.Tech degree in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communications Engineering

2) You can also appear if you have completed your M.Sc. in Radio Physics, Wireless Communications or Electronics..

3) Your age must be within the range of 21 years to 30 years..

4) 33 years is the upper age limit for OBC candidates and for SC/ST candidates it is 35 years..

Refer to http://upsc.gov.in for more details..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
4th September 2013, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

what are the postings in railways
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?