24th August 2013, 07:15 AM
Unregistered

How can I prepare for IES exam? What is the procedure for this exam?

i am doing mechanical engineering, at present time i am in 2nd year, can u tell how i prepare for IES Exam, and wat the process of dis exam?????????

8th May 2015, 01:26 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare for IES exam? What is the procedure for this exam?

IES stands for the Indian Engineering Services. This entrance is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year. This is also called Engineering Services exam.

Any one who has done bachelor's degree in engineering or technology can apply for this exam. Even final year candidates of bachelor's degree in technology can appear for this entrance exam.

The age limit is 21-30 years with upper age relaxed for candidates of reserved categories.

It is conducted in four streams only.

>>Civil Engineering.

>>Electrical Engineering.

>>Mechanical Engineering.

>>Electronics and Telecommunication engineering.

Scheme or Process of Examination:

Written test is of 1000 marks.

>>Paper I is of objective type: General ability test of 200 marks.

>>Paper II and III is of objective type from your core stream mentioned above of 200 marks each.

>>Paper IV and V is of conventional type of 200 marks each.

Personality test is of 200 marks.

How to prepare:

>>It requires good determination along with hard labour to crack this exam. Make good and clear concepts of each and every subjects of mechanical engineering.

>>Practice questions on numerical based subjects. Analyze the previous year papers of IES mechanical stream and see which type of questions are asked. You can download previous year papers from www.upsc.gov.in.

>>For general ability test, read newspapers, be updated with current affairs, go though the social science books of NCERT. Work on Grammar, synonyms and general science.

>>Refer to standard books of your stream. You can even join one of the best institute for IES preparation that is MADE EASY. For reference books Click here .
15th May 2015, 01:41 AM
saibaban

Default Re: How can I prepare for IES exam? What is the procedure for this exam?

hi frnd

IES stands for Indian Engineering Services.

IES exam conducted by UPSC every Year.

Candidate who want to apply must have a Bachelor Degree in Engineering.

Candidate who want to apply must be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal and bhutan.

Candidate age should be between 21 years to 30 years.

Candidates are selected on the basis of Prelims Exam,Mains Exam and Interview

all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?