20th January 2018, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for IIT exams while studying in 9th Standard?

I am studying in 9th standard now and wish to join any of the prestigious IIT Institution of India. So, what preparation should I do from now only to crack the exams in my first attempt only? In which of the science subject areas should I focus more?

21st January 2018, 07:52 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IIT exams while studying in 9th Standard?

Three subjects are the backbone for cracking Joint Entrance Examination and joining Indian Institute of Technology for Bachelor of Technology. Candidates who clear both JEE Main and Advanced are eligible for admission in IITs.

The subjects are Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Your approach in these subjects should be to clear your basic concepts of different topics and practice questions as much as possible.

You can join any good coaching institute for better preparation of this exam.
21st January 2018, 09:34 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

IIT refers to Indian Institute of Technology and same is considered as the best technical college in India.

As far as you are concerned about the preparation required for seeking admission in IITs being a student of Class 9th then for the same you first have to mentally prepare yourself by being optimistic and confident of clearing admission test of IITs.

Further, you are required to start with the NCERT textbook syllabus first and have to derive facts and logic regarding different topics rather than remembering. Also, your focus should be on to solve as many as application based objective problems of Science subjects with keeping time in mind. Also, do not try to involve yourself in too many books as it would lead to confusion and try to stick to the books which makes your understanding clear. To start your preparation, you can refer to the books by Pearson publication or study materials of various coaching centers as these books are designed on the pattern of IIT entrance examination ( i.e; JEE ).
21st January 2018, 11:26 AM
vineeth560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying in 9th standard now and wish to join any of the prestigious IIT Institution of India. So, what preparation should I do from now only to crack the exams in my first attempt only? In which of the science subject areas should I focus more?
IIT is cracked by some of the best talents in the country. To be that best talent you need to work hard. As you may know, the core subjects are Maths, Physics and Chemistry. First of all, buy a book of previous IIT question papers and see the problem standards. Then go through the syllabus and try to map the syllabus to the concepts you study in 9th and practice these concepts in depth so that you can answer the questions from the book and for new concepts, you can learn from the internet the sources include MIT OCW and Youtube.
21st January 2018, 12:15 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

To get admission in Indian Insitute of Technology at an undergraduate level, you have to appear and qualify for JEE.

So, if you want to get admission, you have to prepare for the examination as per syllabus of examination.

The examination paper for B.Tech course contains question of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. So, give proper attention to these subject to qualify for examination after 12th.

Numerical problems ( Chemistry and Physics ) must be given proper attention.

For syllabus of JEE visit at http://www.jeemain.nic.in.
21st January 2018, 12:36 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

As you are a student of 9th standard, I advice you to focus on the upcoming 10th class board exam. But, if you really want to prepare for IIT from now, you can start the preparation by reading the monthly magazine of Physics , Chemistry and Mathematics published by Mtg.
21st January 2018, 02:33 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can start preparing for IIT examination from 9th standard but make sure that you have strong basics in each and every subject and you have to follow the syllabus of 11th and 12th standard because paper is based on the syllabus of 11th and 12th standard.
21st January 2018, 03:28 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

For getting admission to IITs, you will have to appear for JEE Main Exam first, qualify it and then appear for JEE Advanced exam to get entry to IITs.

In JEE Main and JEE Advanced, you will face questions related to subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics only.

After passing 10th standard, you will have to opt for stream PCM that will contain these subjects.

You can start preparation for IITs from now onwards if you are willing to do so. Focus on these three subjects and solve previous year questions papers as much as possible. Grab the concepts of questions and revise it regularly.

However, it would be better enough for you to join reputed coaching institutes for IIT exam preparation.

Some of the popular coachings for exam preparation include:
  • Bansal Classes
  • FIIT JEE
  • Allen Career Institute
  • Aakash IIT JEE
  • Resonance, etc.
21st January 2018, 04:24 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested to get admission in good IIT colleges then first of all you have to complete 10th board examination.
As because IIT level is little bit tough to you if you start preparation from 9th class.
That is why according to me you should complete 10th board first. After that take admission in any of the good colleges to pursue 10+2 and then join any good coaching class to start preparation to crack IIT entrance exam.

You have to focus on all subjects equally as because every subject is important (Physics, Chemistry, Maths).
21st January 2018, 11:10 PM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

You have to study the science subject with more dedication and understanding. Never cram anything. Learn concepts logically. You have apply for science stream after completion of 10th standard. During 12th final semester, you have to apply for JEE examination to get entry in IIT for further studies.
You have to concentrate more on Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics during 11th and 12th standard. Practice past papers as much as you can. Start making your own notes for important facts and formulas. If you are unable to give extra time to JEE preparation, then you can practice JEE previous papers on weekends
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?