30th August 2012, 05:23 PM
mittal92

How to prepare for MCA at home?

how can we prepare our entrance exam for mca at home due to lack of time we can't join any coaching center.

30th August 2012, 10:41 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for MCA at home?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittal92 View Post
how can we prepare our entrance exam for mca at home due to lack of time we can't join any coaching center.

MCA Entrance Exam Syllabus:

Syllabus of the exam generally varies from one university to the other. Since there is no national test for this course therefore you have to find out in details about the admission procedure, syllabus and question pattern of the university you are interested in. Still for most of the universities questions from the following sections are generally asked:
  • Elementry English Awareness
  • Analytical Ability
  • Logical Reasoning
  • Mathematics
  • Computer Awareness

Tips to Prepare:
  • In the MCA Entrance Test the selectors generally gives more stress on the mathematics and reasoning section. Mathematics questions are generally of 12th standard and sometimes of B.Sc level. Questions are generally objective types therefore they will be more conceptual where simply mugging and cramming wont help at all. It is therefore very important to go to the root of one problem and be more analytical.
  • While most of the universities prefers to do their selection by considering the marks obtained in the entrance test, some other colleges like Symbiosis makes the students go through sessions like Group Discussion and Personal Interview session. You need not be afraid of such sessions. Always remember that confident approach is the key to success.
  • Practice and a thorough revision of the lesson learnt yesterday needs to be done regularly. Regularity is the prime word here. Solve as many mock test papers possible to get the hang of it. In that way you will be able to drive away the slightest fear left in you regarding the fate of the exam.
  • When you start preparing for the exam it will take a couple of weeks or so for you to get used to the syllabus. After that jot down the areas which according to you needs more attention and which is manageable. Accordingly then prepare a routine and keep more time for the section which needs more attention.
  • Lastly don't let the pressure get the worst out of you. When you are preparing for an exam the pressure is obviously going to be there but only when you will approach things in a relaxed mode then things will become more easy and less complicated.

List of MCA Entrance Exam Books:

JNU MCA Entrance Test 2012: 10 Mock Tests
by Amit M Agarwal
Publisher: Arihant Publications

MCA Entrance Test: Pune University 10 Mock Tests (2012)
by Amit M Agarwal

BIT Online MCA Entrance Test 2012
by Amit M Agarwal

MCA Test: Master of Computer Application Entrance Test
(Paperback)
Publisher: Upkar Prakashan

A Complete Guide For M.C.A. Entrance Exam
by R. S. Aggarwal
Publisher: S. Chand Publisher

MCA-JNU (Previous Papers)
by Anand Kumar
Publisher: Unique Publishers

Hope this helps :-> :->
31st August 2012, 12:29 PM
FIRST RANK SOLUTION

[IMG]
https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTLo7Oe44V-yXxKDIjasaFHrdugm7PM-gJcOA70JB94D2O8PK4GfCC5kU
[/IMG]

You can prepare for MCA entrance test at home. But you have to hard work for this exam.

Subjects of Entrance Test:
MCA:
Mathematics - (25%)
English Language & Comprehension - (25%)
Computer Awareness - (25%)
Logical and Analytical Ability - (25%)

Books for MCA Entrance Exam

[IMG]
https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYmWwlNlGuM6ohqTqktfqpou5eCowGd pkpkYF3aacLTDAgdgCzlhWZAjk
[/IMG]

[IMG]
https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAxAymJssnfKtb6vYfR-FCLWTCsKDoq8BXdsODPomf-l0mXu38r2MW7A
[/IMG]

[IMG]
https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRaqDCV75Xb60ErpKVIIabwc8ltnzGMZ Y5-vIfTQ67D7Lbgr68mg0gZh1ed
[/IMG]

So,I hope you will got your answer.
Good Luck...
31st August 2012, 02:50 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

hello dear,
i am providing the name of book so that you can prepare at home
1. BIT Online MCA Entrance Test 2012
by Amit M Agarwal

2. MCA-JNU (Previous Papers)
by Anand Kumar

3. JNU MCA Entrance Test 2012: 10 Mock Tests
by Amit M Agarwal

good luck
31st August 2012, 05:26 PM
drjeet
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittal92 View Post
Hello,

Dear friend ..

>> MCA stands for Masters in Computer Application which is a 3 year post graduate program in India.

>> All India MCA Entrance Exam (AIMCET) is conducted all over India for candidates who are planning to take admission in the IIT’s for the course of Computer Application at the post graduate level in the top institutes in the country.

>> you need to prepare systematically. Since it is a nation-level exam, getting cut-off marks would be challenging and you would need to score higher in order to get into a reputed and preferred college of your choice.

>> You need to make a study plan in order to clear the exam with a top rank.

>> You need to divide your time according to your strength in each subject, try to give more time to the subjects you’re weak.

>> Before attending the exam, you need to have a really good knowledge in Computer Basics, Data Representation and Computer Architecture.

>> Reference Books are:::

• TANCET MCA-Anna University, written by V.V.K. Subburaj
• M.C.A written by V.V.K. Subburaj
• Pal Chaudhary, P. “Computer Organization & Design”, PHI
• Malvino Digital Principals and Applications, 4/e
• Stallings, Computer Organization & Architecture
• Brian O, Management Information System
• Davis, Olson, Management Information System
• Jain Sarika, Information System

All the best.
16th May 2013, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

Sir i can not solve computer base question what were i do ?
19th May 2013, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

sir i am doing b.sc in bio and i want to do mca in future can you tell me how
19th July 2013, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

Sir,i want to know that how I can prepare for mca entrance ,i'm pursuing bca 5th sem ?
3rd August 2013, 06:32 PM
tarjectory
Junior Member+

dear friend..
you need a best study material and books for mca exam preparing.trajectory education provides the best study material and books for mca entrance.

that is also provides the online coaching for mca exam,

TRAJECTORY EDUCATION
126 , IInd Floor , Mall Road , Kingsway Camp(In Front of GTB Nagar Metro station , Delhi-9
New Delhi
India
011-47041845
+91 9910271733
http://www.trajectoryeducation.com
http://trajectoryeducation.com/online/
11th September 2013, 08:26 AM
Unregistered

Sir
I have done "A Level" from Doeacc.
Could you tell me that I will do the MCA in future?
15th May 2015, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

Sir,how can preapare for a MCA entrance exam at my home? Please tell me.I ama confuised what i do for this.
8th June 2017, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir. Ia m in B. A. 3rd year, now I wanted to get admission in mca.. And inter from math side. Please give me all information about mca entrance test. For taking a admission.???
28th October 2018, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir. Ia m in B. A. 3rd year, now I wanted to get admission in mca.. And inter from math side. Please give me all information about mca entrance test. For taking a admission.???
No you are not eligible for mca. Only bca and Bsc candidate are eligible for number, jnu etc.
19th July 2019, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

My maths is weak than can i prepare for mca entrance and how??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?