21st February 2011, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for PGCL. NTPC, IES general papers?

please tell me how to prepare PGCL,NTPC,IES general papers

Please reply

thanks

22nd February 2011, 09:19 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for PGCL. NTPC, IES general papers?

HI..
to prepare for the general papers you should be up to date with the general information of the day to day world,
read good news paper like THE HINDU regularly,
aslo read good general knowledge books like THE MANORAMA YEAR BOOK,
follow the NCERT text books for 11th and 12th class for subjects like history and geography,
i am attaching the previous years papers of ies to give you an idea of the level of questions
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GEN_ABILITY.pdf(506.9 KB, 94 views)
27th March 2011, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

What books should be referred for NTPC exam (Electrical)
3rd August 2020, 12:25 PM
deepikapandey9999

How do I start preparing for the GATE 2019?
Well, I just gave Gate 2018 and scored AIR - 744. I was not up to mark but I learned a lot from my mistakes and hope that future aspirants don't make it. I have seen many questions which people have regarding Gate on Quora and so I will answer some of them today based on my experience.

Q) When should one start preparing for Gate?

A) According to me, one should start at least before 6 months if he/she is clear with basics. Time doesn't matter with such exams, what matters is how much effort you are giving to it.

Q) Should one join classes for it?

A) When I searched through google, I found hundreds of answers where some of them were saying that you should join the coaching while some were saying there is no need for it. I think this answer solely depends on one's capability. If you think coaching can help you score better then go for it and if you think you can handle it by yourself then there are many websites from which you can study and clear the concepts.

Q) Did I join any classes for Gate?

A) Yes, I learned from Ravindrababu Ravula Sir's videos. All the concepts which were not clear during my college time were all cleared by him. I really liked the videos and the way he taught. One can also see his demo videos on youtube. For more information, you can visit his website.

-->

Q) How did you keep motivated yourself?

A) Yes, motivation really plays an important role in getting a good rank. My many friends started Gate preparation with me but later they were not able to continue it due to lack of motivation. All you need to do is keep motivating yourself. No one should be able to come between you and your dreams. Lots of things will try to distract you but it all depends on us that how we handle it.

Q)Did I drop a year for GATE preparation?

A)No, I am a 2017 pass out and joined Infosys on Feb,17. Gate 2018 was first Gate exam for me and I took the exam with my job.

Q) What exactly was my strategy and how did I complete the course?

A) I started my preparation in mid-august 2017. It took 20 days for me to get on a serious schedule, so better to start early from decided time. My strategy was that I used to complete a subject within 8-9 days and then 2 days for previous year Gate question to clear all concepts of that particular subject. This strategy really helped me a lot because knowing which types of questions are asked on that subject is equally important. I used to make notes for each and every subject from videos. Believe me, notes play a vital role in getting a good rank. During last days before the exam, a revision from textbook or videos would be much more time-consuming. So prepare good notes of each and every subject which you can refer later.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?