15th August 2016, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for IES exams after engineering degree?

Hi, I'm 2nd year mechanical student, how can I prepare for IES exams and what are the books and methods to prepare for it? I also want to ask what are the subjects I need to focus on more? Am a mechanical student who is going to prepare for IES. Please reply.

15th August 2016, 08:13 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IES exams after engineering degree?

Why do you want to prepare for Indian Engineering Services after completion of degree. You can start your preparation for this examination from third year of engineering. You need to focus on all technical subjects which form core subjects of Mechanical engineering.

Try to clear you basic fundamental concepts of each and every subject through deep study of fundamentals and solving practice questions on each subject which will help to assess understanding of topics read. You can do self study or if you are unable to do self study then you can join any good coaching institute also.

Essential subjects and authors required for this exam:

>>IC: ML Mathur.

>>Gas Turbine by SP Dubey.

>>Fluid Mechanics: RK Bansal.

>>Theory of Machines: RS Khurmi.

>>Mechanical vibration: Grover.

>>Strength of Materials: Sadhu Singh.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?