24th September 2012, 07:52 PM
A CHAVAN

How ca I prepare for IES entrance exam

I am std in Msc1(electronics). how study for IES? How I can prepare for IES? I also interested in industry,but my knowledge in practical or theory basic is very weak. How I can they improved it?

22nd June 2013, 05:12 PM
surya143prakashrao
Member+

Default Re: How ca I prepare for IES entrance exam

hiiiiiiiiiii....my dear friend

You can start preparing from the previous question papers on the test which you will get from SuccessCDs (www.successcds.net). A systematic study is required to clear the IES examination. You can also seek for external coaching for the test from qualified professors or tutors.

It is really a tough examination. UPSC conducts the IES exam every year. Graduates in Engineering in some selected streams can apply for the test. Through the test, only highly talented Engineers are recruited to fill in the vacancies in the top most designations of public sector establishments. You have to work really hard to clear the test.
22nd June 2013, 07:23 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Hi,

IES stands for Indian economic Services and this exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

If you want to apply for IES exam, then you should know the eligibility criteria required for it.

Eligibility criteria for IES exam ~~

You should be an Indian citizen.

You should be a post graduate in – Economics/ Applied Economics / Business economics / econometrics.

Your age should be between 21 years to 30 years.

Syllabus of IES Exam –

The IES exam consists of three papers -

General English
General Studies
Economics

The written exam consists of –

1. General English – 100 marks – 3 hr.
2. General Studies – 100 marks – 3hr.
3. General Economics- I – 200 marks – 3hr.
4. General Economics –II – 200 marks - 3 hr.
5. General Economics – III – 200 marks – 3 hr.
6. Indian economics – 200 marks – 3 hr.

Visit www.upsc.gov.in
14th June 2014, 03:03 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

The Indian Economic Service (IES) is an organized Group ‘A’ Central Service and was constituted in 1961 with an objective to undertake economic analysis and render advice for designing development policies for governments. The Cadre Controlling of the IES is located in the Ministry of Finance (Department of Economic Affairs). The direct recruitment is one on the basis of an All-India open competitive examination called the IES Examination, conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. In case IAS too, UPSC conducts the examinations comprises of three sections Preliminary Examination which covers objective type questions, Mains which is subjective type questions and personal interview questions.
14th June 2014, 03:08 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

You can seek admission in the renowned coaching institutes. The Indian Economic Service (IES) is an organized Group ‘A’ Central Service and was constituted in 1961 with an objective to undertake economic analysis and render advice for designing development policies for governments. The Cadre Controlling of the IES is located in the Ministry of Finance (Department of Economic Affairs). The direct recruitment is one on the basis of an All-India open competitive examination called the IES Examination, conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. In case IAS too, UPSC conducts the examinations comprises of three sections Preliminary Examination which covers objective type questions, Mains which is subjective type questions and personal interview questions.
The IES exam consists of three papers -

General English
General Studies
Economics

The written exam consists of –
1. General English – 100 marks – 3 hr.
2. General Studies – 100 marks – 3hr.
3. General Economics- I – 200 marks – 3hr.
4. General Economics –II – 200 marks - 3 hr.
5. General Economics – III – 200 marks – 3 hr.
6. Indian economics – 200 marks – 3 hr.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?