4th September 2011, 07:37 PM

How to prepare for placement exam from 2nd year?

How to prepare for placement exam from 2nd year, if i am a everage student and what i should prepare being an IT student and if i got 67% in 12th and 84% in 10th
please give me suggestion i am waiting for your answer.

1st December 2015, 01:32 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to prepare for placement exam from 2nd year?

Doing B.Tech is in itself a big thing. It is even good that you are so concerned about your future well being. However, just being concerned does not really help anyone instead it creates tension and panic in the mind. Thus, First of all I would suggest you to take one thing at a time and proceed only after completing it.

1. Since you are in only the 2nd year of your B.Tech in Information Technology, I would first recommend you to concentrate on your subjects which are going to be of vital importance to you in the coming years of your life. Gain as much knowledge in them as you can and try to score the maximum in your class tests and more.

2. It is true that the first year of B.Tech remains pretty much same in terms of course content, however from 2nd year onward the contents change for respective engineering streams because that is when the CORE Subjects begin to be taught. Please do not take these two years lightly i.e. 2nd and 3rd year as they are the prime education years in any B.Tech course.

3. Once you are in your 3rd year or 6th semester and towards concluding it, then comes the time when you can start thinking about placements and jobs. For that I would again stress on the knowledge that you already hold by that time about the 2nd and 3rd year subjects. It is also important that you begin your preparations about Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation and Verbal Ability.

4. These are important because when you sit for companies and job placements, you would be first test on these basic skills before you go for the Technical and HR Interview rounds. Thus having a strong hold on these subjects is very important.

5. Last but not the least, I would suggest you to be aware of the Current affairs, speak in English as much as you can and be fluent in that language. It is primarily used in all the job interviews and Group Discussions and hence would be really fruitful for you to crack them.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?