29th August 2012, 09:16 AM
JAGADEESHWARAN K

How can I prepare for IES exam after passing 2nd year? When to apply for it?

I am doing my b.e.eee , now i am in 2nd year. Iam going to complete my degree in 2015. How can i now itself prepare for ies exam and when to apply for it?

11th July 2013, 11:47 AM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How can I prepare for IES exam after passing 2nd year? When to apply for it?

hai,

IES stands for Indian Engineering Service exam that is conducted under the guidance of Union Public Service Commission.The exam has been designed for recruiting engineering in government services.Any Engineering graduate can apply for this exam.

Eligibility Criteria:

Candidate should be citizen of India.

Candidate should pass the bachelor degree from recognized university with any stream.Final year pursuing candidates are eligible for this exam.

There is no percentage required for this exam.

Age limit:

candidate age should be between 21 to 30 years.

Upper age relaxation is applicable as per govt rules

3 years for OBC candidates

5 years for SC/ST Candidates

10 years for PH Candidates.

Number of Attempts:

For General Category 4 attempts

For OBC Category 7 attempts

No limit of attempts for the SC/ST Category.

Selection Process:

Preliminary Examination
Main examination
Interview.

IES Syllabus:

Apart from General Awareness and General English,there will be separate papers of every disciplines i.e. Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.Questions for each discipline will be asked from third year of fourth year of B.E/b.Tech level

IES exam Preparation:

IES is among the toughest exams in India, It is recommendable for students to take up any of the top coaching Institutes that prepare well to crack IES.

Candidates improve writing skills as the exam includes important paper i.e. General Ability.

You have the best authors books that cover almost entire portions of the subjects that you have chosen.Having a glance at previous years papers is always conducive.

IES exam details:

Date of Notification : 17/08/2013

Last Date for Receipt of Applications :16/09/2013(Monday)

Date of Commencement of exam :09/11/2013(Saturday)

Duration of Exam :3 Days

regards...santhosh....................
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?