21st May 2010, 04:53 PM
bkathiravan

How to prepare for written tests for ONGC, Indian Oil, Shell, BHEL etc? Syllabus of the entrance exam?

Dear sir/madam,
Am doing III BE EIE so i am very eager to work in government sectors,could you tell me how to prepare written tests for ONGC,INDIAN OIL,SHELL,BHEL etc,.

Related Questions:
  1. Job opportunities for Electronic and Communication engineers? Differences between B.E and B.Tech degree?
  2. How to prepare for ONGC written exam and qualify for Internship? -- [New]
  3. How to prepare for HR Management Trainee post of ONGC, Indian Oil, HPCL, Thermal Power Corp and other PSUs?
  4. What syllabus should I prepare for ONGC Management Trainee Written Exam?
  5. How can I prepare myself for ONGC, BHEL, ECIL, SAIL exam after completing B.E Mechanical?
  6. Syllabus of written test for ONGC Exam for Chemistry specialization?
  7. Can I apply for any government jobs after appearing In B.E Mechanical Engineering Sem 8th results?
  8. How should I prepare for ONGC GT entrance exam?
  9. Previous 10 year Question Papers and Syllabus of ONGC Exam for Mechanical Engineering? Which books to prepare for the Exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Syllabus for the written exam of Oil India Limited Written Test for the post of Junior Assistant?
  11. Syllabus to prepare for BHEL Exam being a candidate of Electrical stream?
  12. How to prepare for ONGC entrance exam? What is the syllabus for computer science for this exam?
  13. How to apply for a job in ONGC? What is the syllabus for the written test?
  14. How to prepare for BHEL? Guidance to write BHEL entrance exam Mechanical Paper?
  15. How to prepare for government job like ONGC, BHEL from 2nd or 3rd B.Tech
  16. How to get a government job after completing B.E ECE with CGPA 6.72?
  17. What is the chemistry syllabus of ONGC and from where to get the question papers?
  18. Books to prepare for BHEL Entrance Exam? Syllabus and Previous year question papers of the exam?
13th May 2011, 06:30 PM
mohd haider

Default Re: How to prepare for written tests for ONGC, Indian Oil, Shell, BHEL etc? Syllabus of the entrance exam?

ACP stands for Assistant Commissioner of Police.
The posts of ACP are filled up by IPSs.

So, for this you will have to appear for Civil Services Examination.
Is is conducted every year by UPSC.
This year the notification will be published on 19th FEB, 2011 and the last date to
apply is 21st MAR, 2011.

The examination is conducted in two stages:

1. Preliminary Examination : This is the first stage of examination.
The syllabus and sample paper of preliminary examination have been
attached with this message.

2. Main Examination and Interview:
Those who qualify the Preliminary exam will be called for Main examination and on the
basis of performance in main exam candidates will be called for Interview.
The total marks obtained in Main exam and Interview will be added to prepare final merit list.
The Main examination will contain following papers
1. Essay type Indian Language Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
2. English Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
3. General Essay type paper (200 marks)
4. General Studies (Paper-I & II 300 marks each)
5. Optional subject-I(Paper-I & II 300 marks each)
6. Optional subject-II(Paper-I&II 300 marks each)

The subjects for optional paper are as under.
You can choose any two of them. The choice is completely yours.

Agriculture
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
Anthropology
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce and Accountancy
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
History
Law
Management
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science and International Relations
Psychology
Public Administration
Sociology
Statistics
Zoology

The notification for the exam will be published in Employment News, national dailies and
on UPSC official Website. You can get the syllabus of all subject at the website.

After you qualify this exam you will have options to choose like IPS, IAS, IFS and other allied services.
You should choose IPS at top priority if you want to be an ACP.
Attached Files CSAT syllabus.pdf(13.1 KB, 4 views)
CSAT sample paper.pdf(86.9 KB, 5 views)

Read more here: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/how-become-acp-after-graduation-86814.html#ixzz1MEVpDn5c
14th May 2011, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to prepare for written tests for ONGC, Indian Oil, Shell, BHEL etc? Syllabus of the entrance exam?

Dear , u have to check regular Employment for the nwes , and go for General Knowledge book of upkar or any other , and go for Agarwal books of maths .
14th May 2011, 03:32 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

The preparation should be started after going through the Syllabus part of the PSU like ONGC, Indian Oil, BHEL..etc. If the Syllabus is not provided in the official website of the Company then you need to estimate the exam portion according to the post you are wishing to go through. If it’s a post of Assistant Engineer related to your core side then you need to prepare all your core subjects right from first year starting with subjects like Network Analysis.

The Syllabus will be provided along with notification which will be present in the official Websites of the companies mentioned below

ONGC-click here
Indian Oil-click here
BHEL-click here

The written tests will not be that tough but will be generally consisting of basic level questions.If you have a good touch in your core subjects then the exam will be some what easy for you.
15th May 2011, 06:00 PM
mohd haider

The preparation should be started after going through the Syllabus part of the PSU like ONGC, Indian Oil, BHEL..etc. If the Syllabus is not provided in the official website of the Company then you need to estimate the exam portion according to the post you are wishing to go through. If it’s a post of Assistant Engineer related to your core side then you need to prepare all your core subjects right from first year starting with subjects like Network Analysis.

The Syllabus will be provided along with notification which will be present in the official Websites of the companies mentioned below

ONGC-click here
Indian Oil-click here
BHEL-click here

The written tests will not be that tough but will be generally consisting of basic level questions.If you have a good touch in your core subjects then the exam will be some what easy for you.
ACP stands for Assistant Commissioner of Police.
The posts of ACP are filled up by IPSs.

So, for this you will have to appear for Civil Services Examination.
Is is conducted every year by UPSC.
This year the notification will be published on 19th FEB, 2011 and the last date to
apply is 21st MAR, 2011.

The examination is conducted in two stages:

1. Preliminary Examination : This is the first stage of examination.
The syllabus and sample paper of preliminary examination have been
attached with this message.

2. Main Examination and Interview:
Those who qualify the Preliminary exam will be called for Main examination and on the
basis of performance in main exam candidates will be called for Interview.
The total marks obtained in Main exam and Interview will be added to prepare final merit list.
The Main examination will contain following papers
1. Essay type Indian Language Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
2. English Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
3. General Essay type paper (200 marks)
4. General Studies (Paper-I & II 300 marks each)
5. Optional subject-I(Paper-I & II 300 marks each)
6. Optional subject-II(Paper-I&II 300 marks each)

The subjects for optional paper are as under.
You can choose any two of them. The choice is completely yours.

Agriculture
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
Anthropology
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce and Accountancy
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
History
Law
Management
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science and International Relations
Psychology
Public Administration
Sociology
Statistics
Zoology

The notification for the exam will be published in Employment News, national dailies and
on UPSC official Website. You can get the syllabus of all subject at the website.

After you qualify this exam you will have options to choose like IPS, IAS, IFS and other allied services.
You should choose IPS at top priority if you want to be an ACP.
Attached Files CSAT syllabus.pdf(13.1 KB, 4 views)
CSAT sample paper.pdf(86.9 KB, 5 views)

Read more here: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=76588#ixzz1MQ 5JUhfp
Read more here: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=76588#ixzz1MQ 5H2Te2
26th May 2011, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

I am B.E. chemical and trying for job in ONGC I have applied also, but can not understand that which study material is useful for me for preparing ONGC'S EXAM. plz guide me properaly.
28th September 2011, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare written test for govt technical jobs.
22nd November 2011, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for written test for ongcindia security supervisior
28th March 2012, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

which book is use for G.K for wriiten exam of indain oil
11th July 2012, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

R/Sir
I am appllied for the post of Junior technical assistant Machining and jat Production for I.T.I based
Please send ongc syllabus for written test.
17th September 2012, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

I am MCA and trying for job in ONGC I have applied also PROGRAMMER, but can not understand that which study material is useful for me for preparing ONGC'S EXAM. plz guide me properaly.
MY EMAIL ID:[email protected]

[email protected]
28th September 2012, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

I am MCA and trying for job in ONGC I have applied also PROGRAMMER, but can not understand that which study material is useful for me for preparing ONGC'S EXAM. plz guide me properaly.Plzzzzzzzz.........
MY EMAIL ID:- [email protected] OR [email protected]
25th October 2012, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

when the next GPSC(GUJARAT) exam for GAS,MAMLATDAR and other class 1/2 officers exam is going to be held?what is its exam pattern n syllabus.
please give brief idea. i ll be thankfull to you.
7th July 2013, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

i hv 73% marks in mca,60 % in bsc(it),54.22% in 10 2(N.M.),74% in matric .m i eligible for government exams like ntpc,ongc,gail,iocl,hcl,?if eligible tell me eligibility for this after mca?and tell me syllabus of these exams and books for preparation of these xams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?