22nd October 2010, 04:00 PM
zorrow

How to proceed to give PSU written test while doing B.Tech ECE?

HI;

i am zorrow i am a btech student in electrical & electronics engineering . i want to give the psu written tests for 2011-2012. how shud i proceed in the following regard?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for PSU after scoring 60% aggregate in B.Tech(ECE)
  2. Is it possible to do M.Tech in Mathematics after doing B.Tech in Electronics and Communications?
  3. Chances of getting a Government Job after passing btech ece with 70% and no backlogs? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Is it better to do M.Tech after my B.Tech?
  5. Question papers of PSU for E&I and ECE? I am a B.Tech 3rd year student
  6. Job Opportunities available in Public Sector for B.Tech freshers? Selection Procedure for these Jobs?
  7. Seat details in PSU companies for ECE branch? I am a student of B.Tech in MNNIT Allahabad
  8. Cut off marks to get Job in top MNCs? How much will be the cut off for BHEL? Can I apply for any of the MNCs pursuing 3rd year of EEE with an average of 60% but with some backlogs?
  9. Syllabus of PSU and GATE exam? How to prepare for it? Which are the branches of PSU?
  10. What is the syllabus of 1-5th semester of ECE? I am 2nd year student of ECE
  11. Am I eligible for PSU exam after scoring 60% aggregate? I am a B.Tech ECE graduate
  12. Details of the written test of GET exam for ECE branch? What is the syllabus of the written test?
  13. How to prepare for the interview of PSU companies?
  14. How to prepare for PSU exam?
  15. DRDO previous papers? I have scored 63.77% in ECE
  16. Options for B.Tech ECE passed student in PSU? List of all PSU's for ECE department? When are these exams organized?
  17. After ECE is it better to sit for PSU exams or do M.Tech? Salary Packages in PSU companies for ECE Engineers?
  18. Summer Training programme in any PSU at Delhi for B.Tech(ECE) 2nd year student? When the application form will be distributed? -- [New]
7th March 2011, 11:45 AM
harshhunny
Member+

Default Re: How to proceed to give PSU written test while doing B.Tech ECE?

Major PSUs
ISRO, DRDO, NTPC, IOCL, BPCL, HPCL, BHEL, GAIL, SAIL, BEL, BSNL(JTO), AAI, ONGC, PGCIL, BARC

Exam-Date
(a) Throughout the year.
(b) Entrance exam of different PSUs are held at different times during the year.
(c) Peak duration during which maximum exams occur - May-Sept

Selection Procedure
The usual selection procedure followed by maximum no. of PSU’s:-
STAGE I:- Written Examination (Generally on Sunday)
STAGEII:- Interview & GD
STAGE III:- Medical Examination

NOTE:-
a) Apart from these, there can be an additional stage in some of the PSUs where only short-listed candidates are allowed to appear for the written exam. All the applicants fulfilling the eligibility criteria are screened again on the basis of their % of B.Tech primarily and depending upon the no. of vacancies Only selected candidates are called for the written exam. eg- ISRO, BHEL etc.

b) Some PSUs don’t hold interviewer as a part of their selection procedure eg- BSNL(JTO).

c) Though it has not ever been declared by any PSU, the general trend seen in according weightage to different stages in the final selection is:-
Written – 70-85%
Interview – 15-30%
GD – 5%

STAGE-I :- Written Examination.
Duration:- 1–3 hr (Avg 2 hour)

Written exam of various PSUs can be divided mainly into 4 sections:-
i) Technical
ii) Aptitude & Reasoning
iii) English & RC
iv) General Awareness & current affairs
1) Technical:- 60 – 120 questions (exact no. varies for diff PSUs)
Average no of Questions -80
Depending on the level of Technical Questions PSUs can be categorized as

Level-I:- Tough
eg – DRDO, ISRO etc.

Level-II:- Moderate
eg – BHEL, HAL, ONGC, SALL, JTO, NTPC etc.

Level-III:- Easy
eg – AAI etc.

ii) Aptitude & Reasoning:- Quantitative Reasoning (Speed-distance, percentage, profit- loss etc), Maths of 10th std level,Figure based Questions etc.
iii) English & RC:- Reading Comprehension, Questions based on Vocabulary and English grammar etc.

iv) General Awareness & Current Affairs:-
(1) Current affairs and questions based on general knowledge
(2)Some PSUs ask specific questions related to their institutions in this section eg:- DRDO asks about its labs in India (1 or 2 questions).

NOTE:- The 4th section may on may not be present. Generally, 1st through 3rd sections are present in most of the exams.

Stage – II Interview:-
1) Maximum stress on testing the technical knowledge of the Candidate.
2) % of HR Question limited to the general introduction, work experience (if any), hobbies etc.
3) Final year project is very important for the interview.

GD:-
(1) duration is 20 -30 minutes .
(2) Usually easy topics are given for discussion.
(3) Contemporary social and political issues are highly probable topics to be given.
(4) topics on environmental and technical issues can also be given.
NOTE:- Interview & GD in most of the PSU’s can also be taken in Hindi.

Stage-III Medical Examination :-

Candidates selected on the basis of their performance in written exam, interview and GD are finally called for a medical check-up prior to their
appointment and training.

Eligibility

Submission of the Application Forms for Appearing in the UGC-NET
i) BE/B.Tech/BSc(Engg) – Degree required.
ii) For final-year students, the final result of 8th sem & mark-sheets must be presented at the time of interview.
iii) Minimum cut-off % of B.Tech varies for different PSUs
Gen. Category:- 60% -70% Reserved
Category:- 50% - 60%.
iv) Some PSUs allow only present final year students & last two year pass-outs. eg NTPC.
15th March 2011, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for isro exam.which book should we prefare for this????
19th March 2011, 08:11 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Each and every organization has got it's own Undertaking hence it conducts its own examination for it.The notifications for each PSU is attached in the official website of the Organization or in the weekly journal 'Employment News'.

You can details about PSU's in the following link-click here

It even depends upon your aggregate and talent.For example you must have seen graduates with 85% and no job in hand and graduates with 70% and with good job in hand.So,you need to have both aggregate and talent in hand to secure a good job.

You should start your preparation from the basic level i.e you need to be strong in your fundamentals.the questions asked will be generally of the basic level.Questions will be of your core subjects like
Network theory,Signals and Systems,Power Electronics,Electronic Devices and Circuits,Pulse Devices and Circuits,Linear Integrated Circuits,Digital Integrated Circuits,Communications Systems,Control Systems, Electromagnetics Field theory

Follow standard books of Oppenheim Willsky,William H. Hayt,Boylestead so that you gain good knowledge over your subject.

Questions will be even asked about Aptitude & Reasoning,General Awareness & Current Affairs,English in the written test.Hence you even need to prepare these type of questions along with your core subjects.

If qualified for the written with good marks then you will be called for the interview.
19th March 2011, 09:09 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: How to proceed to give PSU written test while doing B.Tech ECE?

Dear friend you can give all PSU exam but some criteria is there and then you give all PSU exam................

But you must complete your B.TECH OR STUDY IN 8TH SEM...........

then you can apply in PSU exam............

some PSU name is given below.............

1.ISRO

2.DRDO.

3.AIRPORT AUTHORITY OF INDIA

4.POWER GRID

5.NTPC

6.ONGC

7.ECIL

8.BEL

9.BHEL

10.BSNL

11.PRASAR BHARTI

In all these exam you can apply in 8th sem. or after complete the B.tech..........

because all applications are invited in March-April...............

that,s you can apply in these PSU...............
19th June 2011, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

sir i am srikanth as of now currently pursuing final year b.tech with eee as faculty of study , i want to know about the which govt job is eligible at this present year could you please tell me sir
29th August 2012, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

HOW TO PREPARE FOR INTERVIEW???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?