3rd July 2012, 10:13 PM
vishuash

How to pursue career in teaching in schools? Is it necessary to do B.Ed?

i am a B.E(IEM) but want to pursue a carrier in teaching at schools is it necessary for me to do B.ED pls guide

Related Questions:
  1. How to pursue career in teaching in schools? Is it necessary to do B.Ed?
  2. How to pursue a career in teaching field after doing B.Com? Can I take Maths for teaching
  3. Can I do B.Ed from CCS university? Which are the teaching subjects in B.Ed? After B.Ed what are the requirements for TGT and PGT courses? Is there any post or vacancy in government schools for government teachers?
  4. What is the fee structure of B.Ed in Uttar Pradesh?
  5. What is the course fee for B.Ed(LE) in KIITS per annum?
  6. How to do a teaching job in government school? I have done my B.Ed from CMJ university -- [New]
  7. Fee structure of B.Ed education in Mumbai College?
  8. How to become a Chemistry Teacher after graduating?
  9. Best way to choose career in Teaching? Am I eligible for B.Ed, TGT or PGT after doing BCA?
  10. Which course is having best future between MBA and B.Ed? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Importance of M.Ed for senior lecturer who have experience more than 15 years?
  12. Minimum marks or percentage required for admission in M.Com? What is the total fee structure for admission Xaviers, HR college SIES or Rupa college?
  13. How to become government teacher after doing diploma in fashion designing? I am a 3rd year B.A graduate
  14. How to pursue my career in teaching field? I am doing BSc Chem Hons
  15. Am I eligible for a job or teacher post after completing distance BSc(Chemistry)
  16. What steps are to be taken to pursue teaching in fashion in colleges?
  17. How to pursue teaching career after MSc Maths? Career opportunities available after MSc?
  18. Which are the government/private colleges for doing B.Ed in Thane?
4th July 2012, 07:56 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to pursue career in teaching in schools? Is it necessary to do B.Ed?

Standing worth $40 billion, education is one of the fastest growing sectors of India. Unfortunately for teacher aspirants, cracking in this field has become more difficult amid rising competition.

Today degree is Bachelors in Education commonly known as B.Ed is very important to get a teaching job in reputed private schools and government schools. Without the degree of B.Ed not many schools are willing to offer teaching jobs.

A degree in B.Ed means that you can pursue for teaching job in government schools. After a degree in B.Ed you can get job in reputed private schools such as Bal Bharti, DLF and DAV to name a few here in Delhi.

Government teaching job would mean good salary and job security. You can also apply for Kandriya Vidhalaya where there are many vacancies for the junior teacher job.

Apart from degree in B.Ed you would need to pass Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) held by each state of India differently or the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) which is conducted by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt of India. Passing any of these two tests would get you a job in government school.

Its worth noting that you can only apply for job as teacher for Class I to Class VIII. The CTET test is much difficult than the TET which is conducted by the state. More than 93 per cent aspirants fail to pass the test. TET may be easy but since majority of private schools are affiliated by the CBSE, they prefer candidates who have passed the CTET.

The eligibility for CTET test is

Must be Indian Citizen

Graduation degree in BA/B.Com/B.Sc etc

You must also have degree in B.Ed with at least 55 per cent marks.

There is no age limit for CTET test.

Some people find a degree in M.Ed easier to get a good teaching job throughout India

The eligibility include

Degree in BA/B.Com and B.Sc etc

B.Ed with at least 50 per cent marks.

Having a M.Ed degree improves your chances of getting a good teaching job. Passing CTET exam is also considered good for getting a job however its not compulsary.

As you mentiond that you are B.Tech student. If you passed B.Tech with 70 per cent or above marks, some private schools would give you a teaching job anyway.

You can also try for a job as lecturer in Engineering colleges. Several private colleges give B.Tech degree holders, job for lecturer. You institutes include Dr. KN Modi Technical University in Modinagar (UP)
30th July 2012, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to pursue career in teaching in schools? Is it necessary to do B.Ed?

i have done MBA and i want to do job in schools as a teacher. so is it necessary to do b.ed ? can you please tell me the schools in delhi , so i will join them without did B.ed.
can i appear in ctet exam ? i have done B.Sc. with 74 %.
8th August 2012, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

with the ctet exam will i get a central government teaching job,in our state after TET we must pass the DSC exam
13th April 2013, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

is b.ed necessary for doing TET?
I hv completed my m.sc,am I elible to TET without doing b.ed?
14th August 2013, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

sir, i have done b.tech from information technology. i want to join teaching field. Is iam eligible for ctet ?
28th January 2014, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

I Have Done my M.com degree so now can i get to teach in colleges?i want to choose teaching as carrier can i do it?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?