23rd June 2011, 06:18 PM
sangeetha purushothaman

Am I eligible for UPSC exam which is to be held next year if my age is 20 years?

i have age doubt to write.my date of birth is 31st may 1991.is my age is eligible to write upsc exam in next year

25th July 2011, 06:38 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for UPSC exam which is to be held next year if my age is 20 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangeetha purushothaman View Post
i have age doubt to write.my date of birth is 31st may 1991.is my age is eligible to write upsc exam in next year
Yes, You are Eligible for UPSC Examination Which was Going to be held on Next Year, Because as per the previous year Notification the candidates who have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1981 and not later than 1st August, 1990 are eligible.

So, In Next year examination you are fulfill this eligibility criteria and you are born earlier than 1 Aug 1991, So you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Services Examination.

So, if you have completed your Graduation degree course OR pursuing your Final year Graduate degree course then Yes You are eligible to apply for UPSC IES and Civil Services Examination.

The Details Of Both these Examination are availiable In the UPSC website OR also Published in the employment newspaper. For this Year Examination was Already Completed and If you want to get More information then please visit the UPSC website -

http://upsc.gov.in
25th July 2011, 09:12 PM
rana2011
Banned

Default Re: Am I eligible for UPSC exam which is to be held next year if my age is 20 years?

Yes, You are Eligible for UPSC Examination for next Year.
Age criteria for UPSc examination is 21 to 28 years.
And hear the age for exam is count as the candidates who have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1981 and not later than 1st August, 1990 are eligible.

So, as you had born earlier than 1 Aug 1991, you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Services Examination.and as you are candidate of next year examination so, you will fulfill this eligibility criteria.

For more information then please visit the UPSC website -
http://upsc.gov.in
25th July 2011, 09:31 PM
vivekdas.raja

Smile Re: Am I eligible for UPSC exam which is to be held next year if my age is 20 years?

Quote:
hello,
yes dear you are eligible foe UPSC exam which is going to be held on next year..............
25th July 2011, 10:03 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Am I eligible for UPSC exam which is to be held next year if my age is 20 years?

[QUOTE=sangeetha purushothaman;825402]i have age doubt to write.my date of birth is 31st may 1991.is my age is eligible to write upsc exam in next year[/Q

Dear friend the minimum age for UPSC exam is 21yrs to 30yrs............

That's why you are not eligible for this exam because you have less age to 21 yrs...........

That's why you are not eligible to this year.......

That's why you are eligible for this exam after one year..........
25th July 2011, 11:22 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
you are eligible for upsc exam which is going to be conducted in next year
but for applying in civil exam their are some criteria are follows ..
the candidates should be a graduate
the age limit 22 - 32 yrs...
final yrs student can also appear the exam.
for more details you can visit website
http://www.upsc.gov.in

good luck..............
26th July 2011, 12:28 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, my friend next year you will be eligible for UPSC exams...
As you are now 20 years old.. So, next year you will become 21 years old.. then you will be eligible for UPSC exam..
The eligibility criteria for UPSC exam-

The candidate must complete the graduation from a recognized university..
The candidate's age must be lie in between 21-30 years for general category..
For SC/ST the age relaxation is 5 years.. and for OBC the age relaxation is 3 years..

So, don't worry you fulfill the criteria, so you can appear in UPSC exams..

All the best..
26th July 2011, 09:30 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

the age criteria for UPSC exam is 21 to 30 years the age relaxation is provide for OBC ,SC and ST candidate.for OBC candidate have age relaxation for 3 years and for SC ,St have age relaxation for 5 years.

your age now 20 years old so for this year you are not eligible for UPSC exam but next year your age should be above 21 years then you are eligible for UPSC exam.

so dont worry next year you are applicable for UPSC .

all the best
27th July 2011, 09:35 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

HI,
you are not eligible now as minimum age is 21 .
B ut during next exam you will have attained 21 so you can apply next year.
28th August 2011, 08:22 PM
Mannu2525

Dear,
Yes, you are eligible for UPSC examination. Age criteria is very clear for UPSC. As your age is 20 year, you are eligible for the following examination.
•-> Bank clerk examination (Age limit - 18-27 year)

But right now you are not eligible for the other UPSC examination such as Civil Services examination, IFS examination and Bank PO examination.
Eligibility for such examination is graduation and min. 21 year of age.

GOOD LUCK

With Regards,
~Manvendra~
3rd September 2011, 06:05 PM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

dear friend ,

after being student of age 20 you will not be eligible to attempt ias exam.

because lower age limit for the attempting ias exam is 21 years.
and minimum requirement is the completion of the graduation.

you can also attempt this exam while in the final year of the graduation.

to know more about the ias exam kindly visit the website www.upsc.gov.in

thanks
21st November 2011, 12:40 PM
pabitra_nayak
Senior Member+

Dear friend,

Yes, You are Eligible for UPSC Examination Which was Going to be held on Next Year, Because as per the previous year Notification the candidates who have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1981 and not later than 1st August, 1990 are eligible.

So, In Next year examination you are fulfill this eligibility criteria and you are born earlier than 1 Aug 1991, So you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Services Examination.

So, if you have completed your Graduation degree course OR pursuing your Final year Graduate degree course then Yes You are eligible to apply for UPSC IES and Civil Services Examination.

The Details Of Both these Examination are availiable In the UPSC website OR also Published in the employment newspaper. For this Year Examination was Already Completed and If you want to get More information then please visit the UPSC website: http://upsc.gov.in

bes t of luck
24th December 2011, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible to write upsc exam this year ,my date of birth is 17 june 1991?
24th December 2011, 08:34 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

The eligibility criteria for UPSC exam says that the age required for appearing in the exam must be above 21 years and below 30 years for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs on Aug 1st of the year of examination.

As you have born on may month in the year 1991 your age on aug 1 2012 will be 21 years.

Thus you are eligible for UPSC 2012 as for as your age is considered.
25th December 2011, 12:13 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI,
Yes you are eligible for U.P.S.C exam after the age of 21 year.

I.A.S exam exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Qualification:- Pass graduation with any stream fron recginiced university.

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For ST/SC category:- 21-33 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
13th January 2012, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

my DOB is 14 november 1991. am i eligible for ias UPSC 2012-13
22nd February 2012, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

MY DATE OF BIRTH IS 4/12/1991 SO AM I ELIGIBLE FOR UPSC EXAM WHICH IS TO BE HELD THIS YEAR???
30th April 2012, 11:39 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

Yes shore you are eligible to write UPSC exam.
For this you need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria.

Candidate should be complete graduation from any recognised university.

Candidate must be a citizen of india.

Age limits is 21years to 30years.

Final year graduate students also eligible.

For more information regarding thirt UPSC you can visit

www.upsc.gov.in

Best of luck.
2nd May 2012, 12:49 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi,
yes you are eligible for the UPSC examination.

The UPSC stands for Union Public Service commission.

The following eligibility criteria to full fill the exam

the applicant should be complete the graduation any stream from a recognized university.

The applicant age limit should be between 21 to 30

the age relaxation for sc/st codifates are 21 to 33 years.

The candidate should be citizen of india.

The candidate should be physically and medically fit for this exam.

For more information visit the website

http://www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.
28th January 2014, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

my date of birth is 07-june-1993 am i eligible to write the vao exam in the year 2014
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?