2nd June 2012, 01:29 AM
vashvinianiel

How should I apply for B.A after studying 10th?

I have studied only 10TH std, now i would like to continue my studies. pls suggest me how i should apply, I am interested to study BA

2nd June 2012, 10:00 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I apply for B.A after studying 10th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vashvinianiel View Post
I have studied only 10TH std, now i would like to continue my studies. pls suggest me how i should apply, I am interested to study BA
After completing your 10th examination, you are not eligible to apply for BA Course. BA stands for Bachelor in Arts and this is 3 years undergraduate degree course. To get admission in this course you have to complete your 12th examination in any discipline from a recognized Board.

The admission in BA course is based on Merit, Some colleges prepared a merit list and then give admission to the students.

But if you have scored good marks in your 12th examination, then you will also get direct admission in this course. For admission in top colleges, you have to give the entrance test.

So, after completing your 10th examination you are not eligible to take admission in B.A Course. Please complete your 12Th examination and then you can apply for this course.
2nd June 2012, 11:31 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

You cannot apply for B.A. soon after your 10th exam dear. You have to give your 12th exam first. Then you can apply for B.A. hons or pass course. Choose the subject wisely. These days the competition to get proper subjects in arts stream and most importantly top colleges are quite stiff. So be very sure about the subject you want to choose. Soon after your board exam keep on checking the college websites for the application date. All the best
2nd June 2012, 01:25 PM
kkkirti

Hi,
Aftercompletion of 10th you are not eligible for BA, bachelor of arts.
The minimum qualification for BA is that the student should be 12th passed from any recognized university with 60%marks.
After 10th you can do only diploma courses but cant take admission in ma, ba etc.
6th June 2012, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my 10th now i am interested to join ba
21st June 2012, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

I had complete sslc in 1991.now i would continue my studies.can i apply for ba
4th July 2012, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

I have studied only 10 th std.i want to study BA in distance education is it is possible pls rply me
11th April 2013, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

I have pass 12th Science in wardha Dist. Now after marriage i have settled in Goa.I am interested in doing BA in Goa. Please advice me for further process and locations for examination.
4th August 2014, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my S.S.C.in 1990 after that I have been teaching in school for KG section now I want to do direct B.A how can I get entery for ba
7th April 2015, 11:11 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How should I apply for B.A after studying 10th?

B.A stands for Bachelor in Arts. This is an undergraduate course that can be taken up once a student finished up his schooling education. Just like every other educational course, even taking up B.A in some particular subject has a few eligibility requirements. Please follow the same here:

1. You should have passed schooling with a pass in all the subjects and from a recognized board of education.
2. You have to apply for the entrances (if any) or then apply directly with your class 12th boards examination.
3. Please note that you CANNOT apply for ANY graduation course post only class 10th. It is not possible since you would not meet eligibility conditions anywhere.

Now as you have stated your interest in taking up B.A after only completing class 10th, I would like to state that its not really possible. Here is what you have to do:

1. If you want to do B.A in some subject, there is no point in taking up Science/Commerce in class 11th and 12th. You may take up Arts/Humanities and do your higher secondary schooling.

2. Once done and passed successfully, you may then apply for the best universities that offer B.A Courses. Some of the top universities are Delhi University, Mumbai University, University of Calcutta and more. You can decide on a course that you want to take such as English, Hindi, Music, Arts, Psychology, Dance etc.

Post this you can continue doing your B.A for the next 3 years since its a 3 year course.

This is how you may take up your graduation studies further.

Last edited by ranjeet250490; 9th April 2015 at 01:15 AM. Reason: As suggested by Support
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?