1st March 2011, 09:28 AM
Unregistered

How should I prepare to face interviews in civil services as I face serious problem in public speaking?

Dear sir
my name is sumit kumar.i am postgraduate in science(botany)from lnmu darbhanga.age-24
i have to state that i am facing a serious problem that i can not speak properly due to hypernasal speech, that unable me to perform at crowd. Although i can talk easily with my friends. It restricts my usual capabilities. I don't have any cirtificate regarding my problem because such a condition have not been included in the list of handicap categories.i am preparing for compititive examinations such as banking,ssc,civil services,net.
Please suggest what problems would i have to face in near future, thanks

3rd March 2012, 04:23 PM
KAVITHA DILEEP KUMAR

Thumbs up Re: How should I prepare to face interviews in civil services as I face serious problem in public speaking?

you should have to overcome this problem.as far as an civil service officer is considered he should have to face peoples and should have speak to them.
you can practice for avoiding this problem by speaking in front of friends,parents, relatives etc.and you can give mock interviews also.
believe in yourself .you can achieve your aim.
All the best.
3rd March 2012, 07:43 PM
er.skp.me

Thumbs up Re: How should I prepare to face interviews in civil services as I face serious problem in public speaking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear sir
my name is sumit kumar.i am postgraduate in science(botany)from lnmu darbhanga.age-24
i have to state that i am facing a serious problem that i can not speak properly due to hypernasal speech, that unable me to perform at crowd. Although i can talk easily with my friends. It restricts my usual capabilities. I don't have any cirtificate regarding my problem because such a condition have not been included in the list of handicap categories.i am preparing for compititive examinations such as banking,ssc,civil services,net.
Please suggest what problems would i have to face in near future, thanks
Dear friend it all depents on your mind set, the way you think, if you think that you can climb mount everest then you will climb it, but if you start thinking tat you cannot climb iI due to very low temperature then will not ckimb

as you told that you donot have problem while speaking with your friends,
now first thing is that you start thinking that your your a normal person without any disability, start speaking to yourself , then make a group start dicussing with them
and if possible join a coaching centre so that it will be possible for you to intract with stranger

one more thing while facing interview think that the persons interviewing you as your friends, and forget that you have any disability

Best of luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?