1st July 2012, 05:28 PM
Shruthisuda

How should I prepare for IAS? I am studying B.E ECE

I am studyin BE.ECE third year.i want to do IAS.how to prepare for IAS?Please tell me how to proceed futher,

2nd July 2012, 09:53 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I prepare for IAS? I am studying B.E ECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shruthisuda View Post
I am studyin BE.ECE third year.i want to do IAS.how to prepare for IAS?Please tell me how to proceed futher,

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year through Civil Service Exam.So you must attend in CSAT exam.

Those candidate have completed graduation degree or final year of graduation degree from recognized board are applicable for IAS exam.But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide only for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. for OBC candidate it is 7 times and for general candidate it is 5 times.

You are now in 3rd year of B.E degree so you have enough time to prepare for IAS exam.I have listed some books name for IAS Exam which really helpful for you.

The Best Books for IAS preliminary Exam

Publisher: Upscportal Publications

Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

I have attached the Question paper of IAS exam.So please check it out.This paper are really helpful for you.Also collecet some papers of IAS exam and observe the Question papers and try to solve the papers with the help of Some books.

If you have enough time for preparation then i suggest to join any coaching center for IAS preparation .It will be better for you.

For coaching center are available here with state wise CLICK HERE .

For more details about IAS exam click on the link www.upsc.gov.in

Attached Files
File Type: doc IAS-Prelims-Paper-I-Solved-2011.doc(86.0 KB, 94 views)
File Type: pdf ENGLISH_COMPULSORY.pdf(167.8 KB, 77 views)
File Type: pdf ESSAY_COMPULSORY.pdf(47.3 KB, 79 views)
2nd July 2012, 10:03 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Here i am mentioning the names of some reference books which you can use to get good marks in the exam.

IAS Reference Books:-

>India's Struggle for Independence by Bipin Chandra

>Spectrum's books on Economy

>NCERT Books of class XI and XII

>Our Constitution by Subhash Kashyap

>Manorama Year Book

Make a habit of reading newspapers daily and also magazines like Civil Services Chronicle.

For understanding the question pattern more precisely download the model question papers attached over here.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IAS GENERAL_STUDIES(09).pdf(1.07 MB, 84 views)
File Type: pdf gen 2010.pdf(497.2 KB, 66 views)
2nd July 2012, 10:36 AM
janvi roy

Dear friend,

to apply for IAS or indian administrative services you need to complete your graduation in any stream from a recognised university.

There is no percentage of marks needed for applying. All the graduates can apply.
The exam is conducted by UPSC every year.

Your age must be between 21-30 years(for general candidates) to apply.

For OBC and SC/ST candidates there is a relaxation of 3 and 5 years respectively.

You can now prepare for the geography of nation and the world.,constitution of india,political science papers .. Good luck.
All the best. Regards.
2nd July 2012, 11:56 AM
Nitish Gaur

Dear Friend,
In order to go for IAS preparation you need gr8 concentration. So if you can do so, then read newspaper and PD(Pratiyogita Darpan) magazine daily. Its the best suggested material for IAS preparation. And for IAS mains you need to appear for 2 subjects. So its better to start now. Go for some reputed institutes and get study materials for your subjects you wanna select. And then in last year if needed go for a crash course.
Prepare Hard. Best of Luck......
23rd November 2013, 06:59 AM
Unregistered

Sir
I m mechanical engineer ..I want to do preparation of ias .. So pls tell how I will start my preparation...
With regard
Gaurav
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?