1st August 2011, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

Best books to prepare for IAS, IPS? How to prepare for Bank Examinations?

Please suggest me the best books for preparation of IAS.IPS.PCS. And also for the preparation of bank examination.

8th August 2011, 09:05 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Best books to prepare for IAS, IPS? How to prepare for Bank Examinations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Please suggest me the best books for preparation of IAS.IPS.PCS. And also for the preparation of bank examination.
First be clear about One thing Bank exams and IAS/IPS exams are totally different you will not find much stuff common in both the examinations

IAS/IPS are the civil services of India.
IAS Officers or IPS officers are recruited through a examination called civil service examination this exam is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission)

This exam is conducted Once in a year but the process of the examination will take 1 to 1and1/2 year

Examination is known for its rigor and its very easy for those who believe they are eligible for the service as a Indian.

Preparation of this exams depends upon Individual Tastes and preference more over it is dependent on the Potential of the person and his capability to sustain pressures during preparation.

You can take your own time to gather the stuff(Book Material) that you need to prepare vigorously proper research in this aspect will lead you to the lime light.

Again here also same the book which I like may not be liked by you. The book which you like may not be liked me.

because we are all of Different mentalities and different tastes. So there is no common book from which you have to learn or write there are various take the suggestions of the seniors who has taken a attempt already and get suggestions from them

definitely those will be useful for you.

Coming to Bank exams they are simple you can crack them easily by a simple preparation and I wish you to appear in the top knock i.e., IAS/IPS examination

All the best

Regards

~AdityA~
8th August 2011, 10:28 AM
prashant.jha39
Member+

Default Re: Best books to prepare for IAS, IPS? How to prepare for Bank Examinations?

for the preparation of IAS i would suggest you to opt for a good coaching institute whre you can get all the updated material and also attend many mock tests so that you can get the best results

for bank exams you can practise RS Aggarwal books and also a previous papers books that would be enough.
8th August 2011, 11:28 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Best books to prepare for IAS, IPS? How to prepare for Bank Examinations?

Quote:
dear friend,

best books list for IAS and IPS exam:-

Books on Indian History & Culture:
NCERT (+ 2 level) — Ancient India, Medieval India, Modern India.
Publication Division : Gazetteer of India (Vol 2 : History & Culture)
Gandhi Nehru Tagore & Ambedkar — Gopal Krishna
Bipin Chandra - Modern India
A.C.Banerjee - History of Modern India Raghavan Aiyer — Mahatma Gandhi

Books on Geography:
NCERT : Physical Geography of India for X - XII Std
A Good School Atlas
Sharma & Cotinho : Economic and Commercial Geography of India.
Khullar : India- A Comprehnsive Geography
Charles Farro : General Principles of World Geography
Charles Farro : Monsoon Asia Reports published by Centre for Science and Enviornment And Tata Energy Research Institute
National journal - Kurukshetra, Yojana etc.
Down to earth

Books on Indian Economy:
NCERT (+1 level)—Evolution of Indian Economy(I C Dhingra).
Mishra & Puri or Dutt & Sundaram - Indian Economy
Economic Survey
The Economic Times,Business Standard
Yojana

Books on Social and National Issues :
Social Problem - Ram Ahuja
Social Welfare Magazine - Published by ministry of social welfare
Yojana/Kurukshetra
IIPa Journal

Books on Indian Polity:
NCERT (+1 level)—Indian Political System
N.L. Madan : Bhartiya Rajya Vyavastha
D.D. Basu—Indian Constitution
Kashyap—Constitution of India
Publication Division—Subhash C. Kashyap : Our Parliament
P.M. Bakshi—Indian Constitution
Our Constitution : Subhash C. kashyap
Perspective on Constitution : S.C. Kashyap
Frontline Magazine
IIPa Journal

Books on Science & Technology:
NCERT : (10 level) : Science, (+2 level) : Biology.
Popular Science Series (CSIR)
Reports Of the Ministry of Science and Technology Yojana
Science Reporter
Science and Technology in India - Spectrum

Books on Statistics:
(NCERT +1 level) Elementary Statistics
S.C.Gupta : Statistical Methods

Books on India and the World :
Journal of peace Studies
World Focus
Strategic Analysis
South Asian Journal

Other Books for General Studies:
1. India Year Book latest
2. One competitive Magazine
3. Guides like Tata Mc Graw Hill, Spectrum or Unique For General Reference 4. The Pearson General Studies Manual

thanks
8th August 2011, 11:45 AM
rana2011
Banned

Bank exams and IAS/IPS exams are totally different from one to another.

IAS/IPS are the "civil services" of India.

**IAS Officers or IPS officers are recruited through a examination called civil service examination this exam is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission)

**This exam is conducted Once in a year but the process of the examination will take 1 to 1and1/2 year

**Preparation of this exams depends upon Individual Tastes and preference more over it is dependent on the Potential of the person and his capability to sustain pressures during preparation.

But the Bank exams are simple you can crack them easily by a simple preparation and I wish you to appear in the top knock i.e., IAS/IPS examination

Thanks!
8th August 2011, 12:57 PM
Sumit Ahujaa

There are several books are :

Physics XII Part-II

Prelims, Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5, Chapter 6, Chapter 7, Answers

Biology XI

Prelims, Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5, Chapter 6, Chapter 7, Chapter 8, Chapter 9, Chapter 10, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, Chapter 13, Chapter 14 , Chapter 15, Chapter 16 , Chapter 17 , Chapter 18 , Chapter 19 , Chapter 20 , Chapter 21 , Chapter 22

Biology XII

Prelims, Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5, Chapter 6, Chapter 7, Chapter 8, Chapter 9, Chapter 10, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, Chapter 13, Chapter 14, Chapter 15 , Chapter 16

Mathematics X

Prelims, Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5, Chapter 6, Chapter 7, Chapter 8, Chapter 9, Chapter 10, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, Chapter 13, Chapter 14, Appendix

Mathematics XI

Prelims, Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5, Chapter 6, Chapter 7, Chapter 8, Chapter 9, Chapter 10, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, Chapter 13, Chapter 14, Chapter 15 , Chapter 16 , Answers , Appendix I , Appendix II

Mathematics XII Part-I

Prelims, Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5, Chapter 6

Mathematics XII Part-II

Social Science X (Contemporary India)

Prelims, Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5, Chapter 6, Chapter 7,Appendix

Social Science X(Understanding Economic Development)

Prelims, Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5

Social Science X(India and the Contemporary World-II)

Prelims, Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5, Chapter 6, Chapter 7,Chapter 8

Social Science X(Democratic Politics)
8th August 2011, 12:59 PM
Sumit Ahujaa

There are several books are :

Physics XII Part-II

Prelims, Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5, Chapter 6, Chapter 7, Answers

Biology XI

Prelims, Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5, Chapter 6, Chapter 7, Chapter 8, Chapter 9, Chapter 10, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, Chapter 13, Chapter 14 , Chapter 15, Chapter 16 , Chapter 17 , Chapter 18 , Chapter 19 , Chapter 20 , Chapter 21 , Chapter 22

Biology XII

Prelims, Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5, Chapter 6, Chapter 7, Chapter 8, Chapter 9, Chapter 10, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, Chapter 13, Chapter 14, Chapter 15 , Chapter 16

Mathematics X

Prelims, Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5, Chapter 6, Chapter 7, Chapter 8, Chapter 9, Chapter 10, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, Chapter 13, Chapter 14, Appendix

Mathematics XI

Prelims, Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5, Chapter 6, Chapter 7, Chapter 8, Chapter 9, Chapter 10, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, Chapter 13, Chapter 14, Chapter 15 , Chapter 16 , Answers , Appendix I , Appendix II

Mathematics XII Part-I

Mathematics XII Part-II

Social Science X (Contemporary India)

Prelims, Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5, Chapter 6, Chapter 7,Appendix

Social Science X(Understanding Economic Development)

Prelims, Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5

Social Science X(India and the Contemporary World-II)

Prelims, Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5, Chapter 6, Chapter 7,Chapter 8

Social Science X(Democratic Politics)
28th August 2011, 10:15 PM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

hi dear
IAS/IPS are the "civil services" of India.

IAS Officers or IPS officers are recruited through a examination called civil service examination this exam is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission)

This exam is conducted Once in a year but the process of the examination will take 1 to 1and1/2 year

Preparation of this exams depends upon Individual Tastes and preference more over it is dependent on the Potential of the person and his capability to sustain pressures during preparation.

But the Bank exams are simple you can crack them easily by a simple preparation and I wish you to appear in the top knock i.e., IAS/IPS examination

thanks
21st September 2011, 08:35 PM
dil-jale

You can take your own time to gather the stuff(Book Material) that you need to prepare vigorously proper research in this aspect will lead you to the lime light.

Again here also same the book which I like may not be liked by you. The book which you like may not be liked me.

because we are all of Different mentalities and different tastes. So there is no common book from which you have to learn or write there are various take the suggestions of the seniors who has taken a attempt already and get suggestions from them.

some books is given as-
r.s agrawal
arihant publicatoin
etc.

thanks
2nd October 2011, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

i am b.pharma student and i want to become an ias please give me an idea about my subject wich is sutaible for me
7th November 2011, 08:50 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to have a good knwldge in geography, nd all these stuffs ?
6th February 2012, 10:50 PM
Ashwinkumar Hallikar

1 An Introduction to the Constitution of India D.D.Basu
2 Perspectives on Indian Constitution Edited by Subash Kashyap
3 Biology for VIII-X Std NCERT
4 Physics for VIII-X Std NCERT
5 Chemistry for VIII-X Std NCERT
6 Anatomy & Physiology for Nurses Courses Evelyn Pearce
7 Know your body Reader's Digest
8 An Evolution of Indian Economy I.C.Dhingra
(Sultan Chand & Co)
9 Indian Economy Dutt & Sundaram
10 Economic Survey of India Government of India
11 General Principles of World Geography Charles Farro
12 Monsoon Asia Charles Farro
13 Physical Geography of India for VII - XII Std NCERT
14 Any Good School Atlas
15 Ancient India for VII-XII Std NCERT
16 Medieval India for VII-XII Std NCERT
17 Modern India Bipin Chandra
18 History of Modern India A.C.Banerjee
19 The Hindu & Times of India Newspapers
20 Frontline and Political & Economic weekly Periodicals
21 Yojana & World Focus Periodicals
22 Statistical Methods S.C.Gupta
7th February 2012, 02:29 AM
bawejamanisha25

Quote:
If you want to know the best books of these exam, just blindly trust Arihanth publisers. They provide you point to point syllabus and are no doubt the best. also you can check Rgupta's and Upkar publications.
7th February 2012, 09:43 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
If you are interested in IPS,IAS
Then you should go through these books below :

List of books :

Here I'm giving you the details of banking examinations :

Criteria for PO :

1.Academic qualification :
the candidate should complete graduation with at least 50% marks.
2.Age limitation :
The age of the candidate must be within 21 to 30 years.

Criteria for Clerk :

1.Academic qualification :
The candidate must complete 12th standard with decent marks
2.Age limitation :
the age of the candidate must be within 18 to 28 years.

Here are some sample papers for you.
You can practice these sample papers for banking examinations :
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BANK_PO_Mock_TEST.pdf(205.4 KB, 95 views)
File Type: pdf BANK_PO_SAMPLE_2.pdf(74.2 KB, 106 views)
File Type: pdf BANKCLERK_SAMPLE_1.pdf(78.8 KB, 90 views)
File Type: pdf BANKCLERK_SAMPLE_2.pdf(102.8 KB, 95 views)
1st August 2012, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

i have a b.tech in automobile.but i have a interest in civil services .will u plz suggest me.is that stream good for me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?